Kodi Community Forum
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options (/showthread.php?tid=255686)

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - mamachan - 2016-10-21

(2016-10-21, 11:50)wrxtasy Wrote: To get around this a bunch of us just run a Networked, multiple Hard drive server.

I already have a network NAS (Sinology), but I can only use WIFI network (no network cable in my house). For 720p/1080p is OK.
4K videos from WIFI I think it's very difficult. So i'd like to storege 4K in external 3.5" USB hard disk.

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - cloudsphere - 2016-10-21

Hi, I'm using Himedia Q1.
and I want to change my player to Beelink Mini MX / MXIII ($42) w/Custom OpenELEC: B+
is this a good idea ?
Thanks.

Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - bobrooney - 2016-10-21

Why would you change your current box?

Just to be clear, Mini MX and MiniMXIII are two different devices and Mini MX comes in two versions: 1GB/8GB and 2GB/16GB.

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - vertycall - 2016-10-23

Hi,
Just wanted to let you guys know, Beelink has just released new firmware for GT1 - GT_105. They seem to have fixed the DTS and DD audio issues in their firmware. Also 10bit Hi-Def HEVC files are playing fine - no visible artifacts. Last but not least - the framerate switching also works properly. These are my observation using latest SPMC. In kodi 17 beta 3 - the situation is different - no audio in DTS , DD - has dropouts in aprox 10-15 sec, no framerate switching.
My slight concern right now is the higher temp of the box - previously was 45' now is 68'.

@hdmkv
May I ask you provide some update in your review to confirm / or deny / if there is progress in performance of this box.

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - melhemk - 2016-10-23

Anybody knows a S905 2GB box that does NOT come preloaded with addons? Doesn't feel right feeding these with more money.

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - JonSnow88 - 2016-10-23

(2016-10-23, 11:48)melhemk Wrote: Anybody knows a S905 2GB box that does NOT come preloaded with addons? Doesn't feel right feeding these with more money.

yeah its called the Odroid C2, Wetek Play2 or Minix Neo U1

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - droidelec - 2016-10-23

WeTek Hub as well as cheaper option and still including DRM.

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - melhemk - 2016-10-23

Thanks for the suggestions, I was actually asking about the cheap boxes.
Have been waiting for the play2 to come back in stock for a while, but it seems it is going to be same as when the hub went out of stock and suddenly came back around the same time as play2. If that happens I would rather grab a play2s

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - JonSnow88 - 2016-10-23

i don't think you will find a cheap box without crap addons which is why i gave you those suggestions.

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - gsmtech - 2016-10-23

If your going to use libre elec, which is the best option for kodi on the cheap boxes anyway, the pre-loaded addons are of little to no concern as you'll be replacing them with a clean libreelec build. Or manually just uninstall them if your using android.

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - JonSnow88 - 2016-10-24

Think there idea was to not support manufacturers that promote pirated content which is every single of these cheap box sellers.

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - wrxtasy - 2016-10-24

Yep all of the. They all use common Firmware that gets flashed at the factory that includes a Pirate Payload.
These sellers know exactly what the are doing, in fact it's part of their business model.

Hopefully cheap Android TV OS devices, mass manufactured and coming from the likes of Xiaomi and ZTE and others to come, get to the point being sold worldwide with decent Firmware at a reasonable price. That there is no point in even buying unsupported, buggy, Pirate crap.

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - gsmtech - 2016-10-24

(2016-10-24, 04:41)wrxtasy Wrote: Yep all of the. They all use common Firmware that gets flashed at the factory that includes a Pirate Payload.
These sellers know exactly what the are doing, in fact it's part of their business model.

Hopefully cheap Android TV OS devices, mass manufactured and coming from the likes of Xiaomi and ZTE and others to come, get to the point being sold worldwide with decent Firmware at a reasonable price. That there is no point in even buying unsupported, buggy, Pirate crap.

Yup, this is the way forward I also hope that Xiaomi and ZTE etc manage to standardise their pricing worldwide and iron out their software bugs. The while reason why budget boxes are popular is that they provide high spec hardware at a low cost, yes the android firmware is buggy but the hardware spec alone makes them very capable Libre Elec boxes.

For too long manufacturers have been providing underspecced hardware at silly prices, if budget boxes and contain double the RAM and EMMC, and the same SOC for less than half the price there's a clear issue of overcharging.

More compettion from bigger companies at the budget end of the market is only good for the end consumer it forces better prices, hopefully better support and software quality and better value. The only people who wont like it are those companies that are currently overcharging for their hardware anyway, there products are no more capabable hardware wise than a budget box (sometime less capable due to lower spec) their software however is better supported with DRM for those that need Netflix etc. The other factor is that big companies have the budgets, resources and generally more clout in the global market place than smaller companies, hence are more likely to get direct input from Google etc, than a smaller company will.

The cheap android TV devices from xiaomi etc will level the playing field as these have the DRM capibilities as standard..

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - Pitou - 2016-10-24

I tested a little bit the Beelink GT1 and would like to let you know that when setting the refresh parameter in Android to 60p along with a proper 4k TV that supports it, the "weird window-boxed mode" disappear for 4k content.

Pitou!

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - hdmkv - 2016-10-25

(2016-10-23, 09:57)vertycall Wrote: @hdmkv
May I ask you provide some update in your review to confirm / or deny / if there is progress in performance of this box.
Zero under Android. If there was a S912 LibreELEC, I'd try it.