Kodi Community Forum
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options (/showthread.php?tid=255686)

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - bobrooney - 2016-11-12

(2016-11-12, 13:06)raumich Wrote: Price is not the issue! If I paid 40$ I want a product that works out of the box.

(2016-11-12, 10:45)bobrooney Wrote: However, I suggested you those two devices because, from my experience and experience from many many other people, you will not need a official support. Those two boxes are working great out of box, ...
Read more carefully!

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - gsmtech - 2016-11-12

You won't get good support from budget devices, the android builds are generally stable and they work well for general apps from play store etc , I'm talking about s905 and android lollipop here not devices on android 6. Kodi features like audio pass through, fractional frame rate, dynamic frame rate switching are generally broken .

For kodi features Libre Elec is the way to go, the cheap devices allow you to get a good hardware spec at a low cost which is a base to get a good libre Elec kodi experience. These are not devices for people who want everything working out of the box and are not willing to do a bit of reading on forums etc.

Xiaomi mi box is an interesting product but just take a look at the xiaomi forums their software support on their android phones, and other devices is terrible. Bugs that havent been fixed for over 7 months on some phones. Xiaomi make good hardware but software support us not good. Hopefully Google help them out with software... That's the only way the mi box will get good support.

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - Jeffers24 - 2016-11-12

(2016-11-12, 13:40)bobrooney Wrote:
(2016-11-12, 13:06)raumich Wrote: Price is not the issue! If I paid 40$ I want a product that works out of the box.

(2016-11-12, 10:45)bobrooney Wrote: However, I suggested you those two devices because, from my experience and experience from many many other people, you will not need a official support. Those two boxes are working great out of box, ...
Read more carefully!

My Beelink MiniMXlll worked perfectly out of the box, even better when I installed my own Kodi build, no problems at all so far and they are fast, can't be beaten for the price

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - raumich - 2016-11-15

Just to let you know. Just got the Q-Box- It has S905 processor, 2GB/16GB, Gigabit-Lan and worked so far without freezes or crashes. Same price as my Beelink GT1 which goes back to Amazon now. Looks like I got the box I was looking for.

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - Roby77 - 2016-11-15

A friend of mine had the bad idea to buy an android box

What it the best s905x or s912 box with the option to install Libreelec ?

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - hdmkv - 2016-11-15

S905X, but S905 is still a better option I believe.

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - Roby77 - 2016-11-15

Can you suggest a brand ?

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - hdmkv - 2016-11-15

This is a solid (but fairly cheap) one for LibreELEC use. These S905 boxes w/2GB RAM and 8GB (or 16GB) storage are getting harder to find unfortunately.

Here's another one w/UK plug for $37.

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - sivaptw - 2016-11-18

I did something wrong when trying to flash libreleec to NAND. Probably it's bricked but can't really tell. It's a X96 box with S905X. http://m.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_471547.html
Now when I power on nothing appears at all. How can I unbrick ? There is no physicaltiny reset button as well on this device. I don't mind wiping Android off. Just want Libreleec.

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - Jeffers24 - 2016-11-18

(2016-11-18, 10:44)sivaptw Wrote: I did something wrong when trying to flash libreleec to NAND. Probably it's bricked but can't really tell. It's a X96 box with S905X. http://m.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_471547.html
Now when I power on nothing appears at all. How can I unbrick ? There is no physicaltiny reset button as well on this device. I don't mind wiping Android off. Just want Libreleec.

On these android boxes a lot of them have the reset button 'hidden' in the AV Port.
Using a tooth pick push it in the AV Port till you feel resistance push a little harder and you should hear the switch click, as you push on and release it

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - gsmtech - 2016-11-18

Heads up for UK based people.The mini m8s II box is on offer at gearbest ,25.65 GBP with free priority UK delivery for faster delivery from China. This is dirt cheap.

-Amlogic S905X (yes , the X )
-2Gb RAM
-16gb Flash

Sadly only 100meg LAN and only 2.4ghz WiFi. To be expected at this low price though.Definitely worth a punt now that S905X support is coming along nicely in LibreElec.

Use the code M8SBF to get the price down at checkout, make sure to select UK priority delivery as well it's free and should be faster.

The WiFi will probably have poor range so this device is better off for wired usage. Use LibreElec on this for kodi as it's android 6 so LibreElec will be better on this .

NOTE: I don't know what LibreElec support is like on this box. So do some reading on libre Elec forums first before you purchase.

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - warlock09 - 2016-11-18

(2016-11-18, 15:10)gsmtech Wrote: Heads up for UK based people.The mini m8s II box is on offer at gearbest ,25.65 GBP with free priority UK delivery for faster delivery from China. This is dirt cheap.

-2Gb RAM
-16gb Flash

Sadly only 100meg LAN and only 2.4ghz WiFi. To be expected at this low price though.Definitely worth a punt now that S905X support is coming along nicely in LibreElec.

Use the code M8SBF to get the price down at checkout, make sure to select UK priority delivery as well it's free and should be faster.

The WiFi will probably have poor range so this device is better off for wired usage. Use LibreElec on this for kodi as it's android 6 so LibreElec will be better on this .

NOTE: I don't know what LibreElec support is like on this box. So do some reading on libre Elec forums first before you purchase.
What box do you have for your personal use?Do u have this?thanks any suggestions ??

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - gsmtech - 2016-11-18

(2016-11-18, 16:11)warlock09 Wrote:
(2016-11-18, 15:10)gsmtech Wrote: Heads up for UK based people.The mini m8s II box is on offer at gearbest ,25.65 GBP with free priority UK delivery for faster delivery from China. This is dirt cheap.

-2Gb RAM
-16gb Flash

What box do you have for your personal use?Do u have this?thanks any suggestions ??

No I don't have the box in the post mentioned but I have ordered one just to mess around with . I have a MiniMX s905 2gig ram, 16 gig flash , dual band WiFi , 1 gig ethernet box also known as the MiniMX v1 or minimx-G .

I would say get any S905 box but that is known to support LibreElec, make sure it's 2gig RAM though not 1 Gig. The beelink MiniMx III is a good solid box, you can still get the v1 version which I use as well. Note there are 2 different SOCS the S905 and the S905X. The S905 is better supported at this point, but the S905X is newer with support for a couple of new codecs. For the best support sick to S905.

Have a read on the libre elec forums to get a flavour of which boxes people are using.. Definitely avoid the S912 based devices they are not supported for librecerlec right now and android 6 is very buggy. Android 5.1.1 is a lot more stable .

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - warlock09 - 2016-11-18

(2016-11-18, 20:53)gsmtech Wrote:
(2016-11-18, 16:11)warlock09 Wrote:

-2Gb RAM
-16gb Flash

No I don't have the box in the post mentioned but I have ordered one just to mess around with . I have a MiniMX s905 2gig ram, 16 gig flash , dual band WiFi , 1 gig ethernet box also known as the MiniMX v1 or minimx-G .

I would say get any S905 box but that is known to support LibreElec, make sure it's 2gig RAM though not 1 Gig. The beelink MiniMx III is a good solid box, you can still get the v1 version which I use as well. Note there are 2 different SOCS the S905 and the S905X. The S905 is better supported at this point, but the S905X is newer with support for a couple of new codecs. For the best support sick to S905.

Have a read on the libre elec forums to get a flavour of which boxes people are using.. Definitely avoid the S912 based devices they are not supported for librecerlec right now and android 6 is very buggy. Android 5.1.1 is a lot more stable .
Thanks for a detailed info..thank you!

RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - darkal1en - 2016-11-18

-2Gb RAM
-16gb Flash

I have just ordered one of these fancied a play around with and test. Got it for £28.85 as code did not work.

Thanks

Sent from my A0001