Kodi Community Forum
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options (/showthread.php?tid=255686)

RE: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - clarkss12 - 2018-02-24

Received my Mecool M8S Pro L with Bluetooth Voice Remote two days ago (Amlogic S912) (Third L box), but could not get the Bluetooth remote to work.  After a lot of perseverance, I got it paired, what an awesome remote, mic works great.  It also runs a lot cooler, not sure why.  I got it on sale for $69.99 USD, total cost, about $3 USD cheaper than my Xiaomi Mi Box.  Again, plays HD audio natively, and Netflix in 1080p with DD+, and YouTube in 4k, could not get HBOgo to install.  As with all the low powered Amlogic boxes, VC-1 encoded videos do not play very well.

The included Bluetooth/IR combo remote is fantastic, perhaps even slightly better than the official Xiaomi Mi Box remote.

I made a video comparing this box and my Xiaomi Mibox, this was before getting the remote to pair with this box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpAE60JnCfU&t=230s

RE: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - hdmkv - 2018-02-24

Nice video, thanks for sharing. So, what ultimately did the trick to get Bluetooth voice remote paired? I've been happy w/my $50 Tanix TX92 S912 box, especially after applying @wrxtasy's LibreELEC update providing 10/12-bit HDR playback.

Will try leanback launcher today. Does one simply install the Play store version?

RE: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - wrxtasy - 2018-02-24

You need an Android TV ROM because it has the required Leanback framework. Download the OTA Update .zip from Page #1 of THIS thread and follow instructions.

RE: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - clarkss12 - 2018-02-24

Each of these Bluetooth remotes have different methods of pairing.  The included Bluetooth remote with the Mecool M8S Pro L uses the volume down (-) and center (OK) buttons to pair.  Took a lot of trial and error to find the correct key combination.

RE: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - hdmkv - 2018-02-24

More involved than I had presumed; thanks, will try it out.

RE: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - hdmkv - 2018-02-25

Pretty amazing for a $50 S912 box... this is under Android... Kodi with 12-bit 4:2:2 HDR, and YouTube in 4K:

Click for larger images...
watch gallery

Plus, getting terrific LibreELEC performance.

RE: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - clarkss12 - 2018-02-25

What app did you use to get that overlay on pic 5 & 6?

RE: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - wesk05 - 2018-02-25

(2018-02-25, 04:01)clarkss12 Wrote: What app did you use to get that overlay on pic 5 & 6?
 That is his Epson projector's info screen.

RE: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - clarkss12 - 2018-02-25

Ok, thanks.  It looked like it as displaying on a monitor.

RE: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - hdmkv - 2018-02-26

Tried Sling TV and DirecTV Now, and neither worked on Android. As we already know, LibreELEC is just better for these Chinese S905X & S912 boxes. Performance is a tad sluggish on Android as well.

RE: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - hdmkv - 2018-02-27

Moving LE to internal NAND has worked for me in the past, but isn't working now for some reason. From LE forum, instructions say:
Quote:Run from SD card/USB drive first. If it runs fine, connect to your box over SSH, execute installtointernal command and follow on-screen instructions. This command wipes SYSTEM and DATA partition!
CAUTION: If your box has a non-standard partition layout, you will see an error when trying to boot from internal memory for the first time. To solve it, you need to boot one more time from SD card and run installtointernal again.
So, I've done the latter several times, and I still get this... any ideas?

RE: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - nickr - 2018-02-27

Code:
find /|grep installtointernal

By the way, cutting and pasting the text is infinitely better than screenshotting and posting a pic.

RE: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - hdmkv - 2018-02-28

Thank you, but didn't work. Tried code you suggested, took mSD card out, rebooted and it takes me to Android launcher. Re-tried code, then followed it up with just installtointernal, but getting same error I posted in screenshot. Ask in LE forum?

RE: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - nickr - 2018-02-28

When you are SSH'd into the device (when it is running libreelec) what is the result of the code I posted?

RE: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - hdmkv - 2018-02-28

Nothing... it just goes to the next line waiting for the next command.