Kodi Community Forum
Linux Testing - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Game support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=292)
+--- Thread: Linux Testing (/showthread.php?tid=257904)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Linux Testing - tutu - 2018-09-30

(2018-09-29, 23:07)MrTarantula Wrote: Not sure why you're getting that error. I've got my build going right now (on 18.04 x64). Just a warning if you want to build it yourself, MAME cores take forever.
 Excellent! Will you be sharing the build? It will take some time to build on my NUC (5th gen i5)

RE: Linux Testing - MrTarantula - 2018-09-30

I tried twice and got errors with game.shaders.presets. I haven't had a chance to look into it yet.

RE: Linux Testing - ccope - 2018-10-06

I just spent an hour or so troubleshooting building the addons. I had a few missing dependencies, and I couldn't get games.shaders.presets to work either (and uae4arm just won't compile on x86_64 afaik). I hacked the Makefile to remove all references to uae4arm and shaders.presets and managed to get everything else built. I was hoping I'd be able to use the addons with the regular nightly builds but they appear to use a different game API version. I guess I'll try building kodi itself tomorrow...

On ubuntu 16.04, I needed to run:
Code:
sudo apt install mesa-common-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libglib2.0-dev libmpeg2-4-dev libopenal-dev

RE: Linux Testing - velocity - 2018-10-11

I'm afraid there's no point in getting game.shaders.presets to work on Linux, since there's no OpenGL backend for multi-pass shaders yet.

RE: Linux Testing - garbear - 2018-10-12

My retroplayer-18beta3 and master use different versions of game.libretro. Use its retroplayer or master branch, respectively.

RE: Linux Testing - tutu - 2018-10-28

(2018-10-12, 19:32)garbear Wrote: My retroplayer-18beta3 and master use different versions of game.libretro. Use its retroplayer or master branch, respectively.
 Are these issues going to be resolved in time for the release?

RE: Linux Testing - garbear - 2018-10-28

(2018-10-28, 12:47)tutu Wrote:
(2018-10-12, 19:32)garbear Wrote: My retroplayer-18beta3 and master use different versions of game.libretro. Use its retroplayer or master branch, respectively.
 Are these issues going to be resolved in time for the release? 

Yes, as of 6 days ago everything is on the same branch - Game API v1.1.0 and game.libretro v1.1.0. No more bumps before release.

RE: Linux Testing - MrTarantula - 2018-10-28

If there's one thing to be learned from watching Kodi development on GitHub, it's that these guys take versioning VERY seriously.

RE: Linux Testing - xekon - 2018-12-06

Is there documentation, guide, or wiki that lists which packages need to be installed for all of this to work? I am currently running RC2 from the kodi V18 Unstable Repo.

Currently the only thing I have seen to install is "Rom Collection Browser" After it scanned my roms it created the .nfo files for them but did not give me a list once finished.

I also tried entering the games menu from left, then clicking "add games" and adding my root roms folder, but clicking into the subfolders from there "SNES", "NES", "SEGA" lists no roms/games to launch.

For instance for SNES I have installed "libretro-bsnes-mercury-balanced" and can launch the snes games from ubuntu 18.04 desktop using RetroArch.

I am hoping I can integrate the roms into kodi, so that I dont have to switch between using RetroArch and Kodi. I have seen some videos that make it look as though this is the plan!

Appreciate any replies.

EDIT: latest comments here suggest that I may have to build the addon from source, anyone have a build script that works for ubuntu 18.04?

RE: Linux Testing - dafrenchyman - 2018-12-08

I've written scripts so you can build it and run it from a docker container, that way you can play with Kodi without messing with your existing system: https://github.com/dafrenchyman/KodiInstall

The scripts I forked from could also be used to install everything directly.