Kodi Community Forum
Beta Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Beta Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton) (/showthread.php?tid=258110)

RE: Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton) - User 224999 - 2017-03-01

(2017-02-24, 13:27)Cyku007 Wrote: Would be Great if i could change in netflix view 2 the Widget aspect. Some addons do not have fanarts especially German Addons.
I want change some widgets to Poster view but want that widgets from *******stay with fanart view.

You're in luck because that's exactlty what will be available in the next beta version of the skin.
BTW: Never ever mention a banned addon again here on the forums.

(2017-02-24, 14:24)Tokyo25 Wrote: Love Titan, simply the best Big Grin but I try to make a shortcut to liveTv on Kodi 17 but impossible! Any idea what I'm making wrong ? Tried on confluence and no problem!

Maybe you should explain what you've tried already to accomplish the task ?
With Titan you can create shortcuts to almost everything with the menu/shortcuts editor and this is definitely possible.

(2017-02-24, 16:51)niksimpson Wrote: Do we still need to download the zip file for the skin, or is the version in the repository good for Kodi 17 now? I ask for two reasons:

1. I've just updated to Kodi 17 & reloaded the Titan skin, and I found the "Library" entry in setting doesn't work, i.e. I can select it, but it doesn't take me to the library settings.This was a clean install of everything, so it shouldn't be a problem with old versions of skin files. There's nothing wrong with the Library because I can access its settings from the default Estuary skin without out a problem and all the things that rely on the library DB work perfectly. Just FYI, my system is built around a shared SQL DB version of the library.

2. Assuming (1) is being caused by an incompatability between Kodi 17 and the version of the Titan skin in the Repo, how do I install the Zip file version, the instructions on the first page of this thread don't seem to make in any sense in the Estuary skin (at least not to me)

No, never ever install the skin manually with the zip file or from my Githgub repo.
Why? Because it depends on specific versions of helper addons etc. Only do so if you know exactly what you're doing and have a very good reason to do so.

Just install the skin from the repo and you're all set. If you want the latest and greatest, install my beta repo. The link is in the first post.
For now, the current release version of the skin for Krypton is a bit outdated so I suggest you to install the beta. This will be updated within a few days.

(2017-02-24, 21:44)jinux Wrote: Hello, i did a fresh install of kodi krypton and titan beta. Does anyone know why i do not have informatie of the music artist in the extended view mode. I have been searching and trying but seem not to find what is goin on here.

You probably did not enable the setting in Kodi to scrape additional artist/album info into the music library ?
Try to press info on an item so it refreshes the data and after that the details should be visible.

(2017-02-24, 21:55)oattes Wrote: That'll do it -- unless more than 50% of a library does not have fanart ;-). I've tested and it works just fine for me. Note, however, that the updates don't seem to have been pushed to the repo (yet). I just updated the python code manually from your changes on github.

OK, great. I think Í've also published it to the repo in the meanwhile.

(2017-02-25, 04:39)MagikMark Wrote: How do we center the tile's Title?

Skin settings --> General skin settings --> Align labels on thumbs/tiles in center.

(2017-02-25, 05:51)niksimpson Wrote: There seems to have been some regression in how the skin is picking up cover art for the play bar at the bottom of the screen in music. My system is setup to only use local art and this worked perfectly in Kodi 16, i.e. it was always picked up correctly from the album folder. Now, it seems to be going out on the net and downloading what it thinks is the correct art, but it gets it hopelessly wrong.

1. What version of the skin ? Stable or beta ? version number...
2. What do you mean with "cover art for the play bar at the bottom of the screen" ? Maybe a screenshot better explains what you mean.
3. What do you mean with "hopelessly wrong", this is open source, provide the details so we can make it work better and fix the bugs. Only saying it doesnt work it works hopelessly isn't going to bring you much of attention. Please provide details.
4. It shouldn't grab art/metadata from the net and if it does only if the local art is not found, mistagged or you just have enabled the settings to perform online lookups.

So, in short; please provide me more details so I can assist you in your specific situation.

(2017-02-25, 13:14)Momo90 Wrote: Could you add the option to hide the back or up arrow in movies and tv shows? My wife sometimes "gets lost" when pressing this button...

That's a Kodi setting --> Disable "show parent items"

(2017-02-25, 19:44)Draxshar Wrote: How do you get the default widgets in Netfilx 2 view? I'd like to add the widgets for weather and system info that you can get in the horizontal view but there is no option to add them from the widget setup screen in the Netflix 2 view.

This will be available in the next beta version of the skin. I've completely restructured the widget layouts so the netflix home now also has all bells and whitstles like the other homescreens.
It will however mean that you'll have to reassign your widgets.

(2017-02-26, 04:33)sciascia88 Wrote: Having a minor issue with the side blade menu in library nodes. If you open the side blade menu and press up to scroll to the bottom of the menu, it gets stuck forcing you to back completely out to the home screen.

I can't reproduce this issue. What version of the skin ?

(2017-02-26, 17:03)RavenNL Wrote: However i stumlbed on an issue on 2 of my clients (with Titan) that I am unable to open 'Settings -> Library' menu. When i click nothing happens and I notice the following line in debug

Switch to the beta version of the skin or wait a few days for the new stable release

(2017-02-26, 17:30)Blackkatt Wrote: So, it takes about a minute for things to load as seen on the right image. To even get the Spotlight image to load I have to move between Movies/Tv Shows etc. I've done a reset, did not help ... been like this for a while, perhaps 5 updates or so.

Should be fixed in latest version, if not let me know.

(2017-02-26, 17:47)oattes Wrote: You don't say what platform you are using -- on a low power unit, I would say this is 'normal'. Titan (options fully enabled) takes 10-20 seconds on my HTPC which is a pretty powerful windows platform.

True, there are some options in the skin that are really performance hungry, for example the auto widget rotation and offcourse the wall backgrounds.
Those options are all disabled by default offcourse.

The issue with the slow initial loading of the random background images should have been fixed by me last week.
At startup, it should only take 1 or 2 seconds before the images populate but this is all dependant of other addons installed on the system.
Kodi launches them one-by-one at startup and if you have many service addons it can slow down the process..

(2017-02-26, 17:49)Blackkatt Wrote: Win x64, no low end of any kind. and like I said "been like this for a while, perhaps 5 updates or so." This is not a performance issue. It's a bug, My guess, something wake with SkinHelper or what its name is.

Test with latest version and let me know. The backgrounds should appear within 1 or 2 seconds, even on less powerfull systems.

(2017-02-26, 18:16)Blackkatt Wrote: Good to know, thanks for testing. Sometimes the spotlight comes up just fine but not the left side, submenu etc. Sometimes after some time, all but spotlight comes up. Then you move around and spotlight comes as well ...

OK, think I've found the issue for the spotlight. Next version will have the fix, available later today.