Kodi Community Forum
Beta Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Beta Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton) (/showthread.php?tid=258110)

RE: Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton) - mikeSiLVO - 2016-06-06

(2016-05-20, 16:01)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-05-20, 14:29)mcelliott Wrote: In Settings->Library->Databases, there are two identical sections, for example two entries for 'Clean Library'. I think more text is needed to make it clear which library will be cleaned.

I think you should report that one in the forumthreads for Krypton as that is unrelated to the skin.
My best guess is that this is translation issue as the settings-sections have been merged together in recent Kodi Krypton builds.
Hi Marcel,
Not sure if this is still an issue but if you add
Code:
<control type="label" id="14">
to SettingsCategory.xml it will display the headers separating the newly combined sections.

RE: Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton) - loggio - 2016-06-11

Hi marcel,

this has probably already been mentioned...
The "square" widget thumbnails are not working. They just show as black boxes, true on both Jarvis and Krypton builds.

RE: Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton) - loggio - 2016-06-12

Ok marcel,
Not sure if you remember but I posted a while ago about the main menu freezing randomly when clicking on an item and transitioning to a new window.

I've finally figured out what's causing this and I'm able to recreate this over and over again.
It's got to do with the "auto rotate widgets" setting and it's all about timing.

I think what's happening is that when the widget begins to rotate, if you click a menu item at the exact time the rotating starts, the menu will freeze and kodi will hang. I think the fact that the window is trying to transition to a new window while a slide effect is taking place is causing the freeze.

For this to happen, you have to be very precise with timing and you have to click a menu item at the very start of the widget slide animation and not at the end of the animation. It's an extremely tight window of opportunity, but you'll be surprised how many times this happens to me in 1 week.
It's happened 4 times today already.
It can also happen when coming in and out of a screensaver state, if the animations interfere with one another.

use these settings to see for yourself

I have to note that I'm using a rpi. So I'm not sure if this will happen on other platforms. So for this experiment we'll stick with using the rpi.

1.Confluence virtical home menu
2.Set up a widget using "wide box" layout. In this test I've used the "channels" widget for pvr (its easier to recreate this bug using wide box layout as the slide effect is more visible)
3.set auto rotate widgets to "all widgets"
4. Set widget auto rotation interval to "5 seconds"

Go back to the main menu, count to five and click a shortcut on your remote.
Like I said, this may take a while to reproduce as your timing has to be spot on.

Hopefully this can be fixed.
I keep having to pull the plug on my pi to reboot it cause this keeps happening to my wife lol.

RE: Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton) - User 224999 - 2016-06-15

(2016-06-06, 02:29)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Not sure if this is still an issue but if you add
Code:
<control type="label" id="14">
to SettingsCategory.xml it will display the headers separating the newly combined sections.

Thanks! I forgot to add that

RE: Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton) - pence - 2016-06-15

Hello! I download the latest beta for Kodi 17, and installed the Titan skin from Emby Beta Repository. I heard there was going to be an option in 17 to use the context menu while in Netflix view option for the widgets. It would be great to "Add to Library" or whatever right from the widgets.

Anybody know if this is happening or a pipedream?

TIA

RE: Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton) - User 224999 - 2016-06-17

(2016-06-12, 08:52)loggio Wrote: Not sure if you remember but I posted a while ago about the main menu freezing randomly when clicking on an item and transitioning to a new window.

I've finally figured out what's causing this and I'm able to recreate this over and over again.
It's got to do with the "auto rotate widgets" setting and it's all about timing.

I think what's happening is that when the widget begins to rotate, if you click a menu item at the exact time the rotating starts, the menu will freeze and kodi will hang. I think the fact that the window is trying to transition to a new window while a slide effect is taking place is causing the freeze.

Well, for starters I think you should definitely turn off that rotate feature, especially on a pi. Animations are heavy and not suited for the pi.
The way you describe it this sounds like a Kodi bug. If I'm able to reproduce it I can report it but the Kodi team is busy so I don't expect it to be fixed soon as probably only a very small amount of people will experience it but I can be wrong offcourse.

My idea is that the timer in the background is set to move the widget control/container to the next position but that controlID isn't valid anymore while the window is changing and that is causing the crash.It's beyond my reach in the skin,

FYI: I did just try to reproduce the issue on my dev machine and must have clicked about a 100 times with no freezing.

My advice for now is to disable the auto rotation. I will try to reproduce the issue on my pi and if I'm able to, I'll file a bug report.

RE: Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton) - User 224999 - 2016-06-17

(2016-06-15, 20:55)pence Wrote: Hello! I download the latest beta for Kodi 17, and installed the Titan skin from Emby Beta Repository. I heard there was going to be an option in 17 to use the context menu while in Netflix view option for the widgets. It would be great to "Add to Library" or whatever right from the widgets.

All normal contextmenu options should also be available for widgets in Kodi 17.
If an option isn't there while browsing the library the normal way, it will also not show up in widgets

titan beta kryptonitan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton) - spook61 - 2016-06-19

I have noticed in krypton that the emby beta titan doesn't have volume amplification settings, so I tried the other (skin estuary) and its there , so it must have been left out of titan skin , in case anyone didn't notice . I do realize its only a beta skin though , thank you !

RE: Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton) - mcelliott - 2016-06-19

Hi Marcel,

Has something gone wrong in the themes with 3.7.19 ? I've just updated, and I don't have rounded buttons in either classic or modern rounded themes.

Let me know if you need a screenshot.

Best wishes,

Mark

RE: Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton) - User 224999 - 2016-06-20

(2016-06-19, 01:43)spook61 Wrote: I have noticed in krypton that the emby beta titan doesn't have volume amplification settings, so I tried the other (skin estuary) and its there , so it must have been left out of titan skin , in case anyone didn't notice . I do realize its only a beta skin though , thank you !

Sorry, you're right. Will be fixed in next update

RE: Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton) - User 224999 - 2016-06-20

(2016-06-19, 09:52)mcelliott Wrote: Has something gone wrong in the themes with 3.7.19 ? I've just updated, and I don't have rounded buttons in either classic or modern rounded themes.
Mark

In that case your update probably did not update all files. Can you give it a try in next beta update ?

RE: Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton) - spook61 - 2016-06-20

HI marcelveldt , !!! also in titan beta krypton the (resume/ start from the beginning window) for tv shows ect , is not showing anything , it appears in upper left corner but nothing to see , I'm using the red passion theme with titan , maybe its me , I might have something wrong ! that's all that is see for the skin , every thing else is ok , and did you like the view I sent you ?

RE: Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton) - mcelliott - 2016-06-21

(2016-06-20, 21:03)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-06-19, 09:52)mcelliott Wrote: Has something gone wrong in the themes with 3.7.19 ? I've just updated, and I don't have rounded buttons in either classic or modern rounded themes.
Mark

In that case your update probably did not update all files. Can you give it a try in next beta update ?

3.7.20 is the same. Sad

I'll uninstall and reinstall. I guess I'm the only one seeing this problem.

RE: Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton) - User 224999 - 2016-06-21

(2016-06-21, 00:12)mcelliott Wrote: 3.7.20 is the same. Sad

I'll uninstall and reinstall. I guess I'm the only one seeing this problem.

The version on Kodi repo is also updated yesterday, maybe try with that one ?

RE: Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton) - spook61 - 2016-06-21

hello ! marcel ,,, I figured it out it has something to do with (streaming all the sources )addon , doesn't show the resume/start from the beginning window correctly ! , and I tried the new krypton titan update and the guy is right , I changed the theme to rounded and it doesn't do anything ! it stays squared landscapes instead of rounded ! thank you for listening !! have a nice day