Kodi Community Forum
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 (/showthread.php?tid=258707)

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - wrxtasy - 2016-10-29

This is the correct setting (for most Kodi devices):

Video > Playback > Adjust Display Refresh Rate > On Start / Stop

Otherwise as soon as you navigate back into an Kodi OSD / Desktop while a 1080p / 23.976fps movie is playing. A refresh rate switch will again occur and you will Always be back to whatever Refresh Rate the Kodi GUI was using previously.

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - hoppel118 - 2016-10-29

Hello wrxtasy,

yes, all you said is correct and also what I know.

But maybe you can check it if you configure your odroid c2 the following way:

1. Video > Playback > Adjust display refresh rate > On Start / Stop
  2. Video > Playback > Pause during refresh rate change > Off
  3. System > Video output > Resolution > 1920x1080p
  4. System > Video output > Refresh rate > 50.00
  5. System > Video output > Blank other displays > Disabled

I don't know, if the settings 2-5 are relevant for this test.

Here is my test-scenario:
  • shutdown the odroid
  • boot the odroid
  • play a mkv movie with 1920x1080p 24Hz --> refresh rate is 60Hz --> stop the movie
  • reboot the odroid
  • play a mkv movie with 1920x1080p 24Hz --> refresh rate is 24Hz --> stop the movie
  • reboot the odroid
  • play aroud in your kodi menu and go to your movies
  • play a mkv movie with 1920x1080p 24Hz --> refresh rate is 24Hz --> stop the movie
  • reboot the odroid
  • shutdown the odroid
  • boot the odroid
  • play a mkv movie with 1920x1080p 24Hz --> refresh rate is 60Hz --> stop the movie
  • reboot the odroid
  • play aroud in your kodi menu and go to your movies
  • shutdown the odroid
  • boot the odroid

First I thought it has to do with playing around in the kodi menu without changing anything, like Leonxy69 wrote in the libreelec forum. While my tests above I thought it has something to do with shutdown and reboot, but it seems to be a sporadic issue.

Maybe you can have look at the system log: http://pastebin.com/m3aHd5BA

What do you think about this?

Greetings Hoppel

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - wrxtasy - 2016-10-29

Yes that is how I configure my LE C2 for DVB TvHeadend 25/50fps viewing. I always run it at 50Hz.
And have 0.5 secs Pause during refresh rate change.

Honestly I've never ever seen this sporadic problem. I hardly ever shut down the C2. I could not see anything in the Log.
And if anything pops up I just reboot. It takes 9 seconds with eMMC.

You can test and thrash the system all you want until it breaks, there will always be something that does not work to someones satisfaction if you hammer it hard enough !

I have not seen numerous reports of this problem either. Sorry don't have the time at the moment to go on a wild goose chase.

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - User 64141 - 2016-10-30

Hi wrxtasy,

I'm also in Perth and I was wondering where you are ordering the ODROID C2 from? a local place or direct from HardKernal?

Thanks mate

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - wrxtasy - 2016-10-30

I purchased direct from the HardKernel WebStore, seemed to be the cheapest if your prepared to wait. Took about 2-3 weeks from memory, via cheap slow shipping.

@nickr, will have up to date details as he had Hardware sent to N. Zed recently.

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - clarkss12 - 2016-10-31

Wrxtasy, I know this question is way, way out of the bounds of this thread (I guess this what they call all these pages), but gonna ask anyway, because you are the expert with these devices. The first page says it runs Ubuntu 16.04 and I would like to know if it has enough power to run (I don't know how to say this without being banned) Plex or Emby server. I have recently been learning Linux on my Pine64 board, primarily to run Plex and Emby servers on that board. It does work somewhat, but do need more power. I don't really need any transcoding on the fly, just want the videos to play on my external devices. All my media is stored on NAS's and all my devices are connected via gigabit network.

I am looking for something inexpensive, that will do the basic job of being a server. Yes, I have read that the Nvida Shield can and does make a decent Plex server, but for two reasons, I would never purchase that machine just for a server backend. First reason, is it is too expensive for my needs, and secondly, I don't want something that JUST WORKS. I have numerous different Android boxes and even a microPC to serve as a client, but it they work out of the box, I don't use them because they are BORING.

That is my reasoning for the Odroid running Linux, so I can continue learning linux and it will not get boring. I guess I love the stress level trying to get a device to do something that is it basically not intended to do. It feels good after I get done banging my head against the wall, because I can't solve an immediate problem.

So, all I want to know in simple terms, will this simi work as a server.

thanks.

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - sarcoptic - 2016-10-31

Hey wrxtasy quick question...what is the overall plan with libreelec and the c2? Are you planning on building Krypton as well or is kszaq the official builder for Kodi moving forward? I installed your Jarvis build over the weekend and things are working as expected. If you are both planning on building will the major differences be things like overclocking/governor selection on the CPUs? Thanks for the input and all the great work you have done on the C2!

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - wrxtasy - 2016-10-31

(2016-10-31, 13:47)clarkss12 Wrote: Wrxtasy, The first page says it runs Ubuntu 16.04 and I would like to know if it has enough power to run Plex or Emby server. I have recently been learning Linux on my Pine64 board, primarily to run Plex and Emby servers on that board.

I am looking for something inexpensive, that will do the basic job of being a server.
My friend @Kwiboo, forked LibreELEC 7.0 on the C2 a while ago and has been distributing OpenPHT - a community driven fork of Plex Home Theater with it.

You will see a bunch of similarities if you visit the OpenPHT 1.6.2 sub-forum.
I'm not that familiar with the Plex project or servers to be honest.

https://github.com/Kwiboo/LibreELEC.tv/tree/openpht-1.6-aml/projects/Odroid_C2

LibreELEC 7.9.x Kodi Krypton on the C2 and versions after LE7.1 are now supported officially by LibreELEC and its numerous AML developers direct from the LibreELEC Website.

https://libreelec.tv/downloads/preview/

The S905 WeTek Hub, Play2 and ODROID C2 running LibreELEC from LE 7.9 onwards now all share a common AML Linux - Kernel and Kodi patches. It is now much easier developing for all 3 of them in Sync going forward as a development team.

I still contribute patches to that main project when I can. All that the AML LE developers learnt with the LE 7.x Jarvis release goes into LE 7.9 Krypton as well. I will not be distributing custom images for LE 7.9 Kodi Krypton, its too much work for one person.

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - clarkss12 - 2016-10-31

Thanks for the link Wrxtasy, but it appears that their installation is for a client only.

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - wrxtasy - 2016-10-31

First project: NAS+Txxxxx+Plex+PS3 Net Server

Plex Media Server 0.9.16.3.1840 ODroid C2 Ubuntu 16.04

ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - hoppel118 - 2016-10-31

Maybe you want to try openmediavault3 with your c2.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/openmediavault/files/

Openmediavault3 is a nas system with debian jessie as a basis. So you can do nearly everything with the command line. Wink Omv3 is still beta, but the developers call it stable. They are waiting for some plugins to be ported.

I don't use omv3 with the Odroid c2, but with a seperate server. It gives you a comfortable webui to configure your services.

Emby plugin for omv3 is not ready at the moment. But you can install it the debian way. Have a look at the emby download homepage.

There should also be a plex plugin, but I can't tell you for sure, if it is stable, because I don't use plex.

Greetings Hoppel

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - hoppel118 - 2016-10-31

(2016-10-29, 16:52)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes that is how I configure my LE C2 for DVB TvHeadend 25/50fps viewing. I always run it at 50Hz.
And have 0.5 secs Pause during refresh rate change.

Honestly I've never ever seen this sporadic problem. I hardly ever shut down the C2. I could not see anything in the Log.
And if anything pops up I just reboot. It takes 9 seconds with eMMC.

OK, so it should be related to my setup. I also hardly ever shut down the c2.

(2016-10-29, 16:52)wrxtasy Wrote: You can test and thrash the system all you want until it breaks, there will always be something that does not work to someones satisfaction if you hammer it hard enough !

No, this is not the case. I didn't test until it breaks. I already recognized the refresh rate error sometimes in the past. With the test scenario above I tried to loalize the cause, but only found out that it seems to be sporadic.

(2016-10-29, 16:52)wrxtasy Wrote: I have not seen numerous reports of this problem either. Sorry don't have the time at the moment to go on a wild goose chase.

It's ok, maybe the error gets solved for my setup with krypton.

Keep up the good work! Thanks for the rock stable libreelec 7.1.0 (October) on the c2. I don't have any other errors. Big Grin

Greetings Hoppel

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - najaray - 2016-11-01

hi

is any plug and play dvb s2 working, if its working witch one is working any dvb s2 compatible listHuh?

thanks

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - teefer22 - 2016-11-01

Hi,

I've already ordered 2 C2's to experiment with, but I'm a little confused about which updates (if any) I should apply after installing the LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.Aug.img.zip image.

In this thread I see this update in post 2 (what does this one do?):
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.DDR.Clock.tar

If I look at the link in wrxtasy's signiture, I see these updates:
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.HotPlug.tar
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.Oct.On.Off.tar

I didn't want to overclock (it appears the default clock speed in the 7.1.0.Aug image is 1.656GHz) until I have some time to test the stability at 1.536Ghz. So I'm thinking I should apply the 7.1.0.Hotplug.tar update, correct?

Also, I'm not that concerned about being able to power off from the remote, so I don't need the 7.1.0.Oct.On.Off.tar, correct?

Thanks in advance for any clarifications.

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - _J@n_ - 2016-11-01

(2016-11-01, 21:40)teefer22 Wrote: Hi,

I've already ordered 2 C2's to experiment with, but I'm a little confused about which updates (if any) I should apply after installing the LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.Aug.img.zip image.

In this thread I see this update in post 2 (what does this one do?):
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.DDR.Clock.tar

If I look at the link in wrxtasy's signiture, I see these updates:
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.HotPlug.tar
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.Oct.On.Off.tar

I didn't want to overclock (it appears the default clock speed in the 7.1.0.Aug image is 1.656GHz) until I have some time to test the stability at 1.536Ghz. So I'm thinking I should apply the 7.1.0.Hotplug.tar update, correct?

Also, I'm not that concerned about being able to power off from the remote, so I don't need the 7.1.0.Oct.On.Off.tar, correct?

Thanks in advance for any clarifications.

I received my C2 last week so a bit new to the device Wink

I started with the August image and updated to the October On/Off tar. Main reason for me is that the latest tar turns off the irritating blue flashing LED.

Works like a charm Nod I turn the device on and off with a Harmony remote and video runs as smooth as silk.

As I understand it the new Krypton release for the C2 will be available from LibreELEC site.

HTH

Greetz,

_J@N_