Kodi Community Forum
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 (/showthread.php?tid=258707)

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - WeldSpark - 2017-04-30

I ordered a C2 but I didn't order any eMMC, I have a lot of m-SD cards at home. Will I feel/experience any speed difference between the two?

Thanks

ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - pajretX - 2017-04-30

Yes, you will.
Search through this thread. It was discussed a couple of times.

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - WeldSpark - 2017-04-30

Darn... Is Odroid the only reseller of emmc memory?

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - infinity85 - 2017-04-30

(2017-04-30, 17:33)WeldSpark Wrote: I ordered a C2 but I didn't order any eMMC, I have a lot of m-SD cards at home. Will I feel/experience any speed difference between the two?

Thanks
Depends what you expect or want. Boot time will be slower with sd-cards.
If you use fast micro-SDcards like Samsung EVO+, then you will hardly notice any difference (except for boot). Library scraping will be slower most probably, but everything else will be not that much slower, I guess.

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - Raymond Luxury-Yacht - 2017-05-01

I finally got around to having some quality time with my C2 on the weekend. All working fine running LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.1.fix.black.tar. It wouldn't recognise Xbox IR codes but was quite happy with Windows Media Centre codes so I'm using those now.

Some issues though:

1. Occasionally it will freeze for a few seconds while in the menu (not playback). Always comes back again though.
2. It was completely frozen this morning after being on all night. Might be an issue with the slideshow screensaver although I haven't had a problem with it on other boxes. I'll disable that if it happens again.
3. I had to resize the overscan to suit my TV. All looks good in Kodi menu and playback, however the on screen menu and data that you see during playback if you press the menu button are at their original positions and therefore only partially visible.

Kodi database is on a MySQL server and I'm using an SD card if that makes any difference.

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - afremont - 2017-05-01

Mine freezes a lot too. I have the version from wrxstacy that has the black screen issue for a couple of seconds when you start a playback. I can't figure out what's crashing it though. Gdb starts looping and I have to shell in and kill the gdb process, then Kodi restarts. I'm using a mythtv back end that's been fine for years now. I also have an Onkyo AVR between the C2 and my LG TV.

Sent from my Moto G (4)

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - wrxtasy - 2017-05-01

Are you sure your TV is not causing this black screen at the start of playback when it Refresh switches to match the fps/Hz of the video content being output ?

This is normal for all TV's - some refresh switch quicker than others.

To test turn Kodi Refresh switching OFF.

Something specific to your setup is causing these crashes, its not normal.
Have a look at the boot.ini file on the SD/eMMC and try lowering the Overclock CPU value.

(2017-05-01, 00:27)Raymond Luxury-Yacht Wrote: 3. I had to resize the overscan to suit my TV. All looks good in Kodi menu and playback, however the on screen menu and data that you see during playback if you press the menu button are at their original positions and therefore only partially visible.
Suggestion: Make sure in your TV settings - you have 1:1 Pixel mapping - or play around with TV Overscan settings first, before fiddling with Kodi

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - briand095 - 2017-05-01

I had this issue and I just toggle the different refresh Hz in kodi, then adjust the overscan. Seemed like the easiest thing for me to do as it only takes a minute or so at each one to adjust

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - teefer22 - 2017-05-01

(2017-04-30, 22:28)infinity85 Wrote: Depends what you expect or want. Boot time will be slower with sd-cards.
If you use fast micro-SDcards like Samsung EVO+, then you will hardly notice any difference (except for boot). Library scraping will be slower most probably, but everything else will be not that much slower, I guess.

I agree with infinity85. I have 2 ordroids running the same version of libreelec, using the same shared MySQL library. One has an eMMC and the other has a Samsung Evo+ microsd card. Other than boot up time and reinstalling libreelec, I can't even tell the difference between the two.

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - WeldSpark - 2017-05-01

(2017-05-01, 15:44)teefer22 Wrote: I agree with infinity85. I have 2 ordroids running the same version of libreelec, using the same shared MySQL library. One has an eMMC and the other has a Samsung Evo+ microsd card. Other than boot up time and reinstalling libreelec, I can't even tell the difference between the two.

Thanks!

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - Vimes - 2017-05-01

It looks like I have found a show stopper for my use of the C2....

When I used the Pi3 it worked perfect, in regards to my other Panasonic smart TV DLNA support. On other devices this Raspberry Pi3 would share and play its content through those DLNA TV's etc with no issues whatsoever.

I could not get that to work with the C2.

Everything is enabled in the C2 to allow UPnP / DLNA access and support and yet it simply does not work. No TV can see the media being shared when I access their media sharing options.

I have just placed the Pi 3 back and tested it, before and after it updated to the same latest build as the C2, and it worked perfectly.

The media server options etc can be seen here on one of my TV's....

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - afremont - 2017-05-02

Disabling refresh rate adjustment got rid of the black screen, but lowering the clock all the way down didn't prevent it from crashing with no error messages.

Sent from my Moto G (4)

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - nickr - 2017-05-02

(2017-05-01, 23:52)Vimes Wrote: It looks like I have found a show stopper for my use of the C2....

When I used the Pi3 it worked perfect, in regards to my other Panasonic smart TV DLNA support. On other devices this Raspberry Pi3 would share and play its content through those DLNA TV's etc with no issues whatsoever.

Everything is enabled in the C2 to allow UPnP / DLNA access and support and yet it simply does not work. No TV can see the media being shared when I access their media sharing options.

I have just placed the Pi 3 back and tested it, before and after it updated to the same latest build as the C2, and it worked perfectly.

Plug your C2 into the HDMI port of your TV.

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - Vimes - 2017-05-02

(2017-05-02, 01:46)nickr Wrote:
(2017-05-01, 23:52)Vimes Wrote: It looks like I have found a show stopper for my use of the C2....

Plug your C2 into the HDMI port of your TV.

I woke up this morning with that very idea thinking that the issue could have been.....

..which I use for the audio extraction - optical out to my Z5500's. It does not state that it is or isn't DLNA compliant.

I removed that and it works now BUT only if I go into the settings and turn off the library shares and then turn them back on again. Putting the audio extractor back on and it also works fine, again with the proviso it is turned off and back on, the library shares.

I have already selected the delay to halt the C2 from booting until the network is ready but it does seem to need the shares in the UPnP/DLNA to be turned off and on again for them to show.

With the Pi 3 it works fine each and every time, no need to disable or re-enable.

RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - wrxtasy - 2017-05-05

The last channel switch .tar update may have introduced some A/V Sync issues.
Here is a slight update to correct those and also add @Raybuntu's extra support for LG (CEC) - Simplink Wakeup:

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.1.LG-Simplink.tar

W.

EDIT:

This looks interesting...

VolksPC OS Runs Android and Debian Simultaneously on ODROID-C2 Board