Kodi Community Forum
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork (/showthread.php?tid=258886)

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - curael - 2020-04-12

(2020-04-12, 16:44)HeresJohnny Wrote: Maybe because Fantabulous is not a word?

Hahaha. YES!

But nah, I'm fairly certain it was either the "respone" thing or the fact that KyraDB is dead for now. Either way I wanted to report the respone thing since it was tripping an error in Artwork Beef - but it could be related to KyraDB as well so.. Oh well.

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - chrissix666 - 2020-04-12

(2020-03-16, 11:32)Blurayx Wrote: thetvdb website has recently added a new artwork section called Panels
It's the same artwork type like "landscape" from fanart.tv, but why not...

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - Vilius_Kazl - 2020-04-13

Does this work for video addons?

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - rmrector - 2020-04-18

(2020-03-16, 11:32)Blurayx Wrote: @rmrector

thetvdb website has recently added a new artwork section called Panels, would it be possible to add it to the Artwork Beef "choose art type" menu

Nope, they don't offer that artwork type on their API.

(2020-04-12, 15:28)curael Wrote: But.. Was it supposed to be response and not respone? Was it a spelling mistake? And the reason I haven't seen it before is because that part of the script is not used often? I don't quite understand. 

You are using an old version of Artwork Beef. Update it.

(2020-04-13, 15:33)Vilius_Kazl Wrote: Does this work for video addons?

If they are in the library it works as well as it can. Since there is no local folder for video add-ons there is no place for it to download images to, but they will be added to the Kodi library for display.

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - curael - 2020-04-18

(2020-04-18, 16:51)rmrector Wrote: You are using an old version of Artwork Beef. Update it.

Interesting, my addon reports 25 as the newest one in Kodi, with your repo. Sorry about that. I'll get it sorted.

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - Synopis - 2020-04-20

Is there anyway I can get this to save to Kodi's cache instead of the disk where my media is? Like Artwork Downloader used to do.

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - Karellen - 2020-04-20

(2020-04-20, 22:44)Synopis Wrote: Is there anyway I can get this to save to Kodi's cache instead of the disk where my media is? Like Artwork Downloader used to do.
Disable it in the Artwork Beef settings page.

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - Xin0 - 2020-04-24

Hi, There is anyway to get artwork beef to work on Kodi 19!!!

Big thanks

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - Dumyat - 2020-04-24

Could somebody confirm if AB handles STRM files that are added to the Kodi libraries in the same way it does for video files?
Basically, if I export a Movie or TV show from either the Amazon or Netflix addons which then create a library folder with the STRM file, will AB download the artwork files that have been configured in the settings?
Reason I ask, my settings are the same for both Movies and TV shows for the Amazon addon, but I'm only getting the extra artwork I configured (clearlogo, landscape, clearart, discart) for the TV shows I export to my Kodi library. For Movies, I seem to be getting just the Poster and Fanart images.

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - roidy - 2020-04-27

@rmrector Widget items have no "Manage..." option in the Context Menu, I have valid ListItem.DBTYPE and ListItem.DBID for the widget items so I'm trying to add Artwork Beef functionality to the Context menu using:-

Code:
RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=gui, mediatype=$INFO[ListItem.DBTYPE], dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])

However this only brings up the text dialog to scan, identify and remove artwork and not the GUI to select the actual artwork. How can I bring up the select artwork GUI?

As a side note, album and artist items in a widget have Artwork Beef entries as the Context menu for music items has no "Manage..." section.

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - ctawn - 2020-05-01

Very basic question, but when you "select" artwork in AB, where does it get imported to?   I'm trying to set art (posters, fanart) for movie sets, and AB doesn't appear to actually do anything.  Art is not set, and it is not saved to the specified directory. Here's a video of what is happening.

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - Synopis - 2020-05-02

(2020-04-20, 23:02)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 22:44)Synopis Wrote: Is there anyway I can get this to save to Kodi's cache instead of the disk where my media is? Like Artwork Downloader used to do.
Disable it in the Artwork Beef settings page.   
Which setting would that be? I've been through the settings and I haven't really found any setting (unless it's named weirdly) that hints at doing this.

Edit.
changed the "download artwork to local files" to kodi's local cache and it's not downloading anything.

Edit 2
Now it seems like not everything is really showing in Estuary or any other skin

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - rmrector - 2020-05-02

(2020-04-24, 19:28)Dumyat Wrote: Could somebody confirm if AB handles STRM files that are added to the Kodi libraries in the same way it does for video files?

Should work. See the bottom of the first post on how to find details required for troubleshooting further.
(2020-04-27, 01:04)roidy Wrote: @rmrector Widget items have no "Manage..." option in the Context Menu, I have valid ListItem.DBTYPE and ListItem.DBID for the widget items so I'm trying to add Artwork Beef functionality to the Context menu using:-

Code:
RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=gui, mediatype=$INFO[ListItem.DBTYPE], dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])

However this only brings up the text dialog to scan, identify and remove artwork and not the GUI to select the actual artwork. How can I bring up the select artwork GUI?

The call looks right. Likely one or both of the InfoLabels are empty when it is called. I don't know enough about skinning to say why.
(2020-05-01, 22:44)ctawn Wrote: Very basic question, but when you "select" artwork in AB, where does it get imported to?   I'm trying to set art (posters, fanart) for movie sets, and AB doesn't appear to actually do anything.  Art is not set, and it is not saved to the specified directory. Here's a video of what is happening.

Multiple fanart can be selected, they are assigned to art types fanart1, fanart2, fanart3, etc in the library. If you want to replace the main fanart image, deselect all the selected images, then select the one image you want.

Check the Artwork Beef settings for downloading images - by default AB does not download artwork in any case, leaving that up to the Kodi image cache.

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - Zoltrix - 2020-05-03

Great add-on!

Quick question, the "Download existing remote images in the video library", once it has downloaded the remote images, does it also re-point the images to be served locally?

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - ctawn - 2020-05-03

(2020-05-02, 18:33)rmrector Wrote: Multiple fanart can be selected, they are assigned to art types fanart1, fanart2, fanart3, etc in the library. If you want to replace the main fanart image, deselect all the selected images, then select the one image you want.

Check the Artwork Beef settings for downloading images - by default AB does not download artwork in any case, leaving that up to the Kodi image cache
I'll try the "one image" trick in a moment. That would do what I need. But question, when images are assigned to fanart1,fanart2, etc., what can you then _do_ with them? When just going to choose art for a movie, and choosing the regular "fanart", you can't access anything in the other fanart1,fanart2, etc. So don't get that at all.

As for downloading art, on the wiki it says art "will be downloaded to the local file system (generally next to the media items)". But mostly my sources are networked & read only. So what happens in that case? Also I did specify a central, local movie set art directory in AB settings, but nothing seems to be being saved there, either.