Kodi Community Forum
Win FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement (/showthread.php?tid=259087)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement - GlennNZ - 2016-11-18

Version 1.201 (Minor Update)
Plex Remote Updates (1.140)
Power Button Changes (Removal Reboot/Hibernate)
Power Buttons (in this order now are): System Shutdown, Close FrontView+, Close Current Remote Program(Kodi etc)

http://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/releases

Hopefully solves your issues

Glenn

RE: FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement - allanmb - 2017-02-06

I've just updated to Kodi 17 and configured a new remote from within Frontview+ and now my MCE remote control doesn't work. Frontview seems to think it is connected and it displays my fan-art and progress bar for the film/tv I'm watching. I can confirm that Kore still seems to control Kodi too so not sure what else to do. I did stop something in my startup which I thought was a rogue executable, something like s768.exe. Is that related?

FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement - GlennNZ - 2017-02-07

(2017-02-06, 23:33)allanmb Wrote: I've just updated to Kodi 17 and configured a new remote from within Frontview+ and now my MCE remote control doesn't work. Frontview seems to think it is connected and it displays my fan-art and progress bar for the film/tv I'm watching. I can confirm that Kore still seems to control Kodi too so not sure what else to do. I did stop something in my startup which I thought was a rogue executable, something like s768.exe. Is that related?

Hi
Is the issue that your remote doesn't work with New Kodi 17?

If so - sorry not a Frontview+ related issue.
S768.exe not sure what that is - Frontview just runs Frontview.exe (few threads but just one executable)

Presume is probably the Kodi 17 key map - probably need to update/fix for your MCE remote.

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone

RE: FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement - Slurm - 2017-02-07

I'm having a problem, that Frontview opens on the wrong display after resume from standby. I Have to restart my PC to have it on the right display. Is there anything I can do?

Here's the debug log: Debug Log

FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement - GlennNZ - 2017-02-07

(2017-02-07, 13:12)Slurm Wrote: I'm having a problem, that Frontview opens on the wrong display after resume from standby. I Have to restart my PC to have it on the right display. Is there anything I can do?

Here's the debug log: Debug Log

Quick reply:
Will add more later:
Try changing
<DisableResolutionDetection>
To false
In settings file

Glenn

RE: FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement - Slurm - 2017-02-07

Thanks for your answer, but it hasn't changed anything.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

RE: FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement - GlennNZ - 2017-02-08

(2017-02-07, 13:56)Slurm Wrote: Thanks for your answer, but it hasn't changed anything.

That's surprising.

Can you post a log (like last one) of sleep and resume?

Thanks

Glenn

RE: FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement - allanmb - 2017-02-08

(2017-02-07, 11:42)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2017-02-06, 23:33)allanmb Wrote: I've just updated to Kodi 17 and configured a new remote from within Frontview+ and now my MCE remote control doesn't work. Frontview seems to think it is connected and it displays my fan-art and progress bar for the film/tv I'm watching. I can confirm that Kore still seems to control Kodi too so not sure what else to do. I did stop something in my startup which I thought was a rogue executable, something like s768.exe. Is that related?

Hi

S768.exe not sure what that is - Frontview just runs Frontview.exe (few threads but just one executable)

Presume is probably the Kodi 17 key map - probably need to update/fix for your MCE remote.

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

Thanks, for some reason I thought the IR signals got routed through Frontview+ but obviously they dont. They were however being routed my iMon manager which I had also stopped starting up. Fixed now and enjoying Kodi 17 apart from I now can't seem to get DTS-HD and DD+ working through my amp but that's off topic here.

(2017-02-08, 00:03)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2017-02-07, 13:56)Slurm Wrote: Thanks for your answer, but it hasn't changed anything.

That's surprising.

Thanks

Glenn

Resume Screen issues:

Try this test build

https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/blob/master/FrontView/bin/x86/Debug/FrontView.exe

Download and replace exe file with FrontView in ProgramFiles directory.

On sleep resume will recheck and rerun ScreenDisplaySettings (as it does on startup) hopefully impacting your problem.

Glenn

(2017-02-08, 10:36)allanmb Wrote:
(2017-02-07, 11:42)GlennNZ Wrote:

Hi

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

Thanks, for some reason I thought the IR signals got routed through Frontview+ but obviously they dont. They were however being routed my iMon manager which I had also stopped starting up. Fixed now and enjoying Kodi 17 apart from I now can't seem to get DTS-HD and DD+ working through my amp but that's off topic here.

Glad you fixed it.
No FrontView doesn't touch the remote - the main reason for Frontview+ is to get rid of Imon Manager which is increasing old and buggy (amongst other visual improvements!)

As you have or hopefully will find - Kodi keymap settings allows you to get simple MCE working well without needed any additional software. (there is also a MCE Remote add-on will changes the keymap for you)

Cheers

Glenn

RE: FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement - Slurm - 2017-02-08

(2017-02-08, 11:20)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2017-02-08, 00:03)GlennNZ Wrote:

That's surprising.

Thanks

Glenn

Resume Screen issues:

Try this test build

https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/blob/master/FrontView/bin/x86/Debug/FrontView.exe

Download and replace exe file with FrontView in ProgramFiles directory.

On sleep resume will recheck and rerun ScreenDisplaySettings (as it does on startup) hopefully impacting your problem.

Glenn

Thanks, you're really fast!

I will report back, when I'm home from work.

Still no success. Here's a log file from fresh start to standby and resume:

FrontView+_20170208.log

FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement - GlennNZ - 2017-02-08

(2017-02-08, 17:07)Slurm Wrote: Still no success. Here's a log file from fresh start to standby and resume:

FrontView+_20170208.log

Thanks for log.

It does seem a bit strange - the changescreen code runs with resume (on this log - and probably did before I added the resume hook with 1.205)

It selects Display2 as you have saved - but for some reason I presume doesn't change to display2.

What happens when you go the screen selection settings page - if you change display from 1 to 2 and save - does it appropriately move from one screen to another ?

Glenn

FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement - GlennNZ - 2017-02-08

(2017-02-08, 17:07)Slurm Wrote: Still no success. Here's a log file from fresh start to standby and resume:

FrontView+_20170208.log

Thanks for log.

It does seem a bit strange - the changescreen code runs with resume (on this log - and probably did before I added the resume hook with 1.205)

It selects Display2 as you have saved - but for some reason I presume doesn't change to display2.

What happens when you go the screen selection settings page - if you change display from 1 to 2 and save - does it appropriately move from one screen to another ?

Glenn

No, it seems that both screens have the number of the other. If I change to screen 1 it goes to the right screen. But after a rebboot it's obviously on the wrong screen.

Btw., Kodi is always on the right screen. Maybe it is possible to just move Frontview+ to the screen where kodi isn't on?