Kodi Community Forum
Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players (/showthread.php?tid=259188)

RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - bollstedt - 2016-12-14

So, no video is working for you? That is odd. Are your videos stored on a server or locally?

What are your exact settings under madVR -> devices -> display mode?

Did you set Kodi-> Settings -> Video -> DSplayer-> Manage settings with Kodi -> Load from madVR active profile?

RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - movie78 - 2016-12-14

(2016-12-14, 16:09)bollstedt Wrote: So, no video is working for you? That is odd. Are your videos stored on a server or locally?

Did you set Kodi-> Settings -> Video -> DSplayer-> Manage settings with Kodi -> Load from madVR active profile?

1-Still trying to figure this out so the videos are stored locally.
2- Can remember I am at work right now but I think I use the recommended setting provided.
3-That is the correct setting that I am using

RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - bollstedt - 2016-12-14

All right, I am hopeful we can figure out the issue. However, I suggest you give us some screenshots and/or detailed information about your settings as soon as you can spare some time. That would be helpful to narrow it down.

RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - Warner306 - 2016-12-14

(2016-12-14, 16:30)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 16:09)bollstedt Wrote: So, no video is working for you? That is odd. Are your videos stored on a server or locally?

1-Still trying to figure this out so the videos are stored locally.
2- Can remember I am at work right now but I think I use the recommended setting provided.
3-That is the correct setting that I am using

DSPlayer will only play SMB shares.

Try playing something with display modes disabled.

Try switching between DX9 and DX11 in the madVR control panel under general settings.

Try turning hardware acceleration off in LAV Video.

Delete the provided settings.bin.

RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - movie78 - 2016-12-15

(2016-12-14, 16:56)bollstedt Wrote: All right, I am hopeful we can figure out the issue. However, I suggest you give us some screenshots and/or detailed information about your settings as soon as you can spare some time. That would be helpful to narrow it down.

Still not working

Log

RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - bollstedt - 2016-12-15

As Warner306 mentioned above, you need to play your files over a network (samba) share. I think that might be the problem.

RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - movie78 - 2016-12-15

(2016-12-15, 11:39)bollstedt Wrote: As Warner306 mentioned above, you need to play your files over a network (samba) share. I think that might be the problem.

Ok got playback working with 3D.ISO but the movie only plays in 2D and 3D MVC MKV files are causing the internal hardware graphics drivers to crash.

RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - bollstedt - 2016-12-15

When the iso file is played, press "o" to see the codec information. Check if madVR and lavfilters are used. My guess they are not and your setup is using the VideoPlayer (former DVDPlayer) instead of the DSPlayer for iso files.

Can you also try the stable Jarvis version, the current beta build, based on Krypton, might be buggy. Moreover, try to setup a simple samba share from another computer and test your video files over this network share. Local playback of your test videos might not work.

(2016-12-15, 17:21)bollstedt Wrote: When the iso file is played, press "o" to see the codec information. Check if madVR and lavfilters are used. My guess they are not and your setup is using the VideoPlayer (former DVDPlayer) instead of the DSPlayer for iso files.

Can you also try the stable Jarvis version, the current beta build, based on Krypton, might be buggy. Moreover, try to setup a simple samba share from another computer and test your video files over this network share. Local playback of your test videos might not work.

I think it was using DVDplayer because when I press ''O" on the keyboard, it doesn't do anything also created a shared folder and use SMB in kodi to add to Video.
I am going to try version 16 DSP to see if I have better results.

RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - movie78 - 2016-12-16

Install Kodi Version 16 DSP every file now is playing and when i press "O" i can see madVR info on the video, but i still can't get 3D MVC to work either with .ISO or .MKV

RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - Warner306 - 2016-12-16

(2016-12-16, 13:41)movie78 Wrote: Install Kodi Version 16 DSP every file now is playing and when i press "O" i can see madVR info on the video, but i still can't get 3D MVC to work either with .ISO or .MKV

Try MPC-HC. You could launch your 3D files with MPC-HC if they were named (.3D).

Otherwise, I don't know how to get DSPlayer to play 3D files.

RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - movie78 - 2016-12-16

(2016-12-16, 19:21)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-12-16, 13:41)movie78 Wrote: Install Kodi Version 16 DSP every file now is playing and when i press "O" i can see madVR info on the video, but i still can't get 3D MVC to work either with .ISO or .MKV

Try MPC-HC. You could launch your 3D files with MPC-HC if they were named (.3D).

This an example of my 3D files Captain America: Civil War (2016).3D.ISO

RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - Warner306 - 2016-12-16

(2016-12-16, 19:54)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-12-16, 19:21)Warner306 Wrote:

If you have a good graphics card and want to use madVR, then try this.

Add this rule:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
<playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filename=".*3D.*" player="MPC-HC" />
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

(2016-12-16, 20:47)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-12-16, 19:54)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-12-16, 19:21)Warner306 Wrote: Try MPC-HC. You could launch your 3D files with MPC-HC if they were named (.3D).

Add this rule:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Add this Rule in Kodi or MPC?

I have feeling 3D MVC doesn't work...

(2016-12-16, 21:50)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-12-16, 20:47)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-12-16, 19:54)movie78 Wrote: This an example of my 3D files Captain America: Civil War (2016).3D.ISO

Add this rule:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Add this Rule in Kodi or MPC?

I have feeling 3D MVC doesn't work...

The first step is to try MPC-HC because madVR will play 3D but DSPlayer might not.