Kodi Community Forum
Why was this binned? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Website and Forum Issues or Suggestions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Why was this binned? (/showthread.php?tid=259323)

Why was this binned? - Lunatixz - 2016-02-09

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259318

I think some of the new mods need training, or maybe their bin rights revoked!

RE: Why was this binned? - enen92 - 2016-02-09

Filmon itself is not a banned subject, iirc there is a PVR addon for filmon.
However I dont know if there is any video addon here for filmon (correct if it's wrong). The ones that do exist are associated with other groups or repositories that do not allow only access to filmon but also to other addons. It really depends on what the op was using imho. If that was the case asking for help with filmon implies that other dubious repositories were also installed..

RE: Why was this binned? - DarrenHill - 2016-02-09

As it was posted in the video add-on section and given what was said in the post, it looked to be related to the Filmon.TV add-on (FTV) rather than the PVR. And as that's a banned add-on, it got binned.

If it was wrong then the OP can request that it is resurrected, and it will be.

And if you think a thread has been wrongly binned, you can just PM us and tell us. There's more chance then that we can get errors corrected quickly rather than relying on us seeing a thread made in this forum, which isn't checked so frequently.

You are correct that we don't always get it right, but as the binning post clearly states, if the poster thinks it has been binned in error then they can ask for it to be unbinned.

RE: Why was this binned? - Lunatixz - 2016-02-09

@DarrenHill, Instead of assuming you understand the context of a post, how about you read what is being asked? also a little research would be beneficial in determining what is okay and what isn't... So far your binning habits are concerning.

Just because you're holding a sword, doesn't mean you have to wield it...

(2016-02-09, 16:05)enen92 Wrote: Filmon itself is not a banned subject, iirc there is a PVR addon for filmon.
However I dont know if there is any video addon here for filmon (correct if it's wrong). The ones that do exist are associated with other groups or repositories that do not allow only access to filmon but also to other addons. It really depends on what the op was using imho. If that was the case asking for help with filmon implies that other dubious repositories were also installed..

The user asked about the filmon service and a filmon exclusive channel...

Its not the job of moderators to make assumptions, but rather to censor the obvious.

You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. It must be nice to be perfect, really makes it worthwhile trying to help this place run smoothly and uphold Kodi's name and reputation.

Anyway I'll restore the post back to where it was.

RE: Why was this binned? - Ned Scott - 2016-02-09

@Lunatixz

Alright, calm down. It's not that big of a deal if a mistake was made (or not made). I know sometimes things seem like they get binned too fast, or in a "harsh way". However, the mods are just trying to their jobs, and there are a ton of these kinds of posts. When asking for a thread-trashing to be appealed (which is fine in itself) please don't insult the mods, and always assume good faith.

That being said, IMO, filmon is not a banned add-on even if it was installed from a banned repository. The idea behind "banned add-ons" on the forum is that we don't give help for finding pirated content. For example, tvaddons (or one of them, I forget) has a great clock screensaver add-on that I can't find anywhere else. Talking about the add-on itself should be fine. Add-ons can be installed individually, after all.

Maybe the current mods would disagree with that, and would still bin such a thread. Even though that would be frustrating to me, I would still assume their motives to be good. It's their call, and it wouldn't be the end of the world.

lol, I'm calm... last week it was a pluto.tv question being binned.

Seems like a bad habit to bin first then question later?

Binning is to remove banned mentions not to censor based on opinion or assumptions.

I don't mean to offend, I have a flare for the dramatics Wink

@ned - thanks, well put.

@LuNaTiX - as Ned said, sometimes it's not so clear-cut, and then often we do ask questions (look in the bin for several examples of it, even from me). But we're as human as anyone (honestly Wink ) and occasionally don't get it right. But at the end there is always the ability to appeal (as the binning message says), and (with a few exceptions like spam) we don't tend to actually delete anything and so binnings can be easily undone.

And in the cold light of day I do appreciate your notifications that things may have been done in error (give or take the dramatics). Sometimes it's not easy to tell, and as Ned says we do get quite a few a day to deal with and not all are clearly labelled. Although as I said before it may be simpler to either use the report button or a PM to get something resolved.

We are all trying our best to help the Kodi community, I just don't want to go down the road of over censorship...

Considering outside-in thinking... It would be nice to see less noob posts binned, unfortunately most posts require it...
So it hurts to see innocent posts thrashed.

RE: Why was this binned? - Tobor - 2016-02-18

This discussion has produced an additional positive benefit. Now I'm anxious to find that "great clock screensaver add-on" that Ned mentioned. Thanks!

Tobor

RE: Why was this binned? - Ned Scott - 2016-02-18

(2016-02-18, 17:09)Tobor Wrote: This discussion has produced an additional positive benefit. Now I'm anxious to find that "great clock screensaver add-on" that Ned mentioned. Thanks!

Tobor

https://offshoregit.com/dudehere-repository/addons/screensaver.digital.clock/screensaver.digital.clock-0.1.5.zip