Kodi Community Forum
Keymap for info -> fullscreeninfo - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Keymap for info -> fullscreeninfo (/showthread.php?tid=260022)

Pages: 1 2

Keymap for info -> fullscreeninfo - SkiGeek - 2016-02-16

I have been using kodi for sometime and one thing I find myself wanting to do is jump into fullscreeninfo so I can view the cast or other details on the current playing video from the full screen video playback. I was playing around with the key mapping but couldn't get the behavior I wanted. The behavior I want is as follows:

Press Info while video is in full screen playback and it brings up the standard info
Press info again while this is up and it brings up fullscreeninfo
Press info again while fullscreeninfo is up and it goes back to full screen playback

Is this possible?

RE: Keymap for info -> fullscreeninfo - Warner306 - 2016-02-16

(2016-02-16, 06:16)SkiGeek Wrote: I have been using kodi for sometime and one thing I find myself wanting to do is jump into fullscreeninfo so I can view the cast or other details on the current playing video from the full screen video playback. I was playing around with the key mapping but couldn't get the behavior I wanted. The behavior I want is as follows:

Press Info while video is in full screen playback and it brings up the standard info
Press info again while fullscreeninfo is up and it goes back to full screen playback

Is this possible?

I don't think you can have the same key do three different actions. For example, pressing info during fullscreen playback can do one thing but not two. That key press will be read the same way.

RE: Keymap for info -> fullscreeninfo - Derek - 2016-02-16

Im pretty sure you could do this if you played around with some skin files and mapped keys to them but it might take a little knowlege on how a skin works.

RE: Keymap for info -> fullscreeninfo - SkiGeek - 2016-02-17

Ok, alternative, I have a harmony ultimate remote, how would I map the full screen info to info button long press.

Thanks

RE: Keymap for info -> fullscreeninfo - nickr - 2016-02-17

I think in 16 (or is it 17) there will be an ability to have different actions for long press on the remote, which may help.

RE: Keymap for info -> fullscreeninfo - SkiGeek - 2016-02-17

I can manage the long press via a separate key mapping in the harmony configuration, can you tell me the window or action I need to use to get full screen info window. The couple I have tried don't seem to work.

RE: Keymap for info -> fullscreeninfo - Derek - 2016-02-18

Same here i tried a few and they do jack 5h1t im afraid maybe a dev could clue us up or like i said those skid developers know the black arts better than anyone.

RE: Keymap for info -> fullscreeninfo - Ned Scott - 2016-02-18

(2016-02-16, 06:16)SkiGeek Wrote: I have been using kodi for sometime and one thing I find myself wanting to do is jump into fullscreeninfo so I can view the cast or other details on the current playing video from the full screen video playback. I was playing around with the key mapping but couldn't get the behavior I wanted. The behavior I want is as follows:

Is this possible?

Yes. I think. The second one is tricky, because I don't know if there is a command to do that directly. It might need a script that toggles fullscreen and then selects info, which should work since the last thing selected should be the current playing video.

I will muse this for a while in my head.

RE: Keymap for info -> fullscreeninfo - SkiGeek - 2016-02-18

The closest I came was using the movieinformation window but that sometimes showed up blank or the incorrect movie.

Plus I would rather it be more universal as I am not sure I would have a way in the key may to tell it "if movie then movie information, if tv show then tv information"

RE: Keymap for info -> fullscreeninfo - Zodler - 2020-04-20

How do you launch fullscreeninfo in keymap? I tried activatewindow(fullscreeninfo) and it does not work. Kodi 18.6

RE: Keymap for info -> fullscreeninfo - Fuchs2468 - 2020-04-20

(2020-04-20, 03:55)Zodler Wrote: How do you launch fullscreeninfo in keymap? I tried activatewindow(fullscreeninfo) and it does not work. Kodi 18.6

Code:
<keymap><fullscreenvideo><keyboard><key id="your id number">info</key></keyboard></fullscreenvideo></keymap>

Thank you, I know that. I was not talking about info. It seems info and fullscreeninfo are 2 different things the way they are talking in this thread.

I'm actually sure now they are two different things after some testing. For example this does not work while info is shown on video playback.

<fullscreeninfo>
    <keyboard>
        <key id="226">stop</key>
    </keyboard>
</fullscreeninfo>

RE: Keymap for info -> fullscreeninfo - FXB78 - 2020-04-20

(2020-04-20, 16:12)Zodler Wrote: Thank you, I know that. I was not talking about info. It seems info and fullscreeninfo are 2 different things the way they are talking in this thread.

I'm actually sure now they are two different things after some testing. For example this does not work while info is shown on video playback.

<fullscreeninfo>
    <keyboard>
        <key id="226">stop</key>
    </keyboard>
</fullscreeninfo>
I don't even think fullscreeninfo exists. DialogFullScreenInfo.xml just opens the info dialog, are you talking about Extended Info? A screenshot of what you are wanting to open would probably help.

It was the original poster SkiGeek who was talking about standard info and fullscreeninfo. I also have never heard about this before. I have never seen any other info window except info and CodecInfo windows.

But let's forget that for a moment. Why this is not working? (When info is open on screen during a video playback)

xml:
<fullscreeninfo>
    <keyboard>
        <key id="226">stop</key>
    </keyboard>
</fullscreeninfo>

RE: Keymap for info -> fullscreeninfo - FXB78 - 2020-04-20

(2020-04-20, 19:43)Zodler Wrote: It was the original poster SkiGeek who was talking about standard info and fullscreeninfo. I also have never heard about this before. I have never seen any other info window except info and CodecInfo windows.

But let's forget that for a moment. Why this is not working? (When info is open on screen during a video playback)

xml:
<fullscreeninfo>
    <keyboard>
        <key id="226">stop</key>
    </keyboard>
</fullscreeninfo>
What are you trying to do exactly? Stop the video when the info screen is showing? It will do that with the default settings.

Also, the reason it's not working is that 'fullscreeninfo' doesn't exist.