Kodi Community Forum
v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin (/showthread.php?tid=262144)

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - sergiocos - 2016-03-09

Love the skin, simple and handy, congrats phil65 Wink

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Marlboro7313 - 2016-03-09

I LOVE THE SKIN!

One thing missing and always has been is in the movies information, we do not have a quick view of the audio language that is available for that movie. For us Canadians, we usually have movies in English and French. But I cannot quickly view the available audio tracks. That's the only thing missing for me.

Keep up the good work!

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - meccs - 2016-03-10

Looks great. I find the "unwatched movies" widget a bit useless though. I hope we will be able to change that.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Klaus1189 - 2016-03-10

I tried the new Estuary skin, but I don't know what to think, maybe I must use it some time to love it.
I have some questions:
1.) Because there is a new default skin - Estuary, will this be the death of Confluence? I like Confluence very much.
2.) Does Estuary support UHD resolution? -> not just upscaled?
3.) Does Confluence support UHD resolution? -> not just upscaled?

Upscaled graphic looks terrible in comparison to font that is vector based.

I can't find the most important feature of Kodi in the new skin:

Pause during refresh rate change

Where is it?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Videos#Playback

I found it, it's somewhere different, but it doesn't work in KodiSetup-20160309-7b1467a-master.exe 99M 10-Mar-2016 06:46.
On my stable 16 install, it does work.

Just to be sure: Will it be possible to use Confluence in 17.0 and above as skin?

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - aerandir92 - 2016-03-10

(2016-03-10, 10:15)Klaus1189 Wrote: I found it, it's somewhere different, but it doesn't work in KodiSetup-20160309-7b1467a-master.exe 99M 10-Mar-2016 06:46.
On my stable 16 install, it does work.

Just to be sure: Will it be possible to use Confluence in 17.0 and above as skin?

Yes it will, but must be installed manually, it won't come with the installer

Good to hear that, maybe the devs include Confluence as alternative skin in the installer?

There are so many things missing in Estuary, that are in Confluence, so many little things like how to display the files as one big list with very small preview icons, or only preview icons. I also do not like the preview icon in Estuary, because it is square and cuts off picture.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - C-Quel - 2016-03-10

I am interested in what looks like a new skin feature... Favourite TV Channels? how is this list to be populated? Kodi has a play count on Live TV now? os some other magic ;-)

Either way looking like this is a step in the right direction and thank you for your time in bringing this to the Kodi user base!

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - caribo - 2016-03-10

Great work Phil65, Piers, Ronie

I cannot believe what a difference this skin makes. It looks spanking, and is very intuitive placing things in easy reach, such as in progress movies, Favourite TV channels, most played radio channels, recently played albums.... Previously I used xperience1080 and sometime Confluence so I initially found Estuary to be quite a change and wasn't sure about it..... BUT .. half an hour later I was converted! It's like having a new media centre!

The only Issue I have come across is that PVR widgets are not populated at startup (maybe because PVR manager has not fully started when home.xml is loaded?)... and require a skin reload to become visible.. I hope this gets fixed soon as I use PVR quite a lot...

Well done guys!

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Hoosier205 - 2016-03-10

(2016-03-07, 09:13)mazey Wrote: Addons were much more important on the settings page then skin settings Sad took me almost 10mins to figure out how to get to the addons install from zip etc section. everyone knows where skin settings are already.

i also liked the SD/HD flag next to file names which is gone now, they dont even show with the extra media info stuff available. Sad

first aired looks ugly ontop of the plot (seems squashed now and a space between them makes 2 spaces less available for plot), its available in episode info if people wanted to see it.

thanks so much for fixing the search box though Smile

Where the heck did you find it? I cannot locate the section allowing you to install from zip...

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - SmoothSinner - 2016-03-10

Thank you guys! The program itself is actually stunning, not just the skin, the program as well. Now, when I go to adons --- VIDEO--- it shows me some icons shortcuts. I used to go to appearance, setting, shortcuts, and changed the shortcuts to those I use the most. I don't know how to do that. I have to go to all my icons to look for the one I want to use. Is there a way to take care of that? Thanks a lot.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Japaja - 2016-03-10

OK, finally tried the new skin and I love it. Good job to all that worked on it.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - mazey - 2016-03-10

(2016-03-10, 18:57)Hoosier205 Wrote:
(2016-03-07, 09:13)mazey Wrote: Addons were much more important on the settings page then skin settings Sad took me almost 10mins to figure out how to get to the addons install from zip etc section. everyone knows where skin settings are already.

i also liked the SD/HD flag next to file names which is gone now, they dont even show with the extra media info stuff available. Sad

first aired looks ugly ontop of the plot (seems squashed now and a space between them makes 2 spaces less available for plot), its available in episode info if people wanted to see it.

thanks so much for fixing the search box though Smile

Where the heck did you find it? I cannot locate the section allowing you to install from zip...

the only way is to show add-ons subfolder and there is a little icon at the top add-on browser click that.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - mazey - 2016-03-11

the latest skin update is amazing, totally on the right track now Smile

just a few things needing a update still in case you missed them,

media info/metadata needs the new (720 HD/1080 HD) to replace h264 there and flip it around with the aspect ratio. so its in the same order as list view.

Showname
S01E01 Episode Name
^
i would really like to see this on top when watching a tv show and all in white as the blue is hard to read from so far away watching a big screen. around the edges all icons are blue and the writing is white. which makes it look good having a S01E01 in blue which you cant see its a blur for me doesnt look good.

we really need the Add-ons browser (install from repo/zip) put back in settings, maybe add another row on the right for 3 more boxes, system information reduced to system info. or just replace skin settings with add-ons again.

themes still dont work in android it says Theme skin default and is greyed out, maybe you can figure out whats going on?

for in-progress shows, recently added eps, is it possible to go more then 10 shows/movies across (say 20 shows/movies across)?

thank you so much for all your hard work and it really is appreciated Smile