Kodi Community Forum
v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin (/showthread.php?tid=262144)

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Klaus1189 - 2016-03-11

How do I switch between different view modes? I only have one greyed out option called WideList
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4y5u0gBKYqbcjNscVJLelA3Mkk/view?usp=sharing

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Razze - 2016-03-11

(2016-03-10, 12:58)caribo Wrote: Great work Phil65, Piers, Ronie

I cannot believe what a difference this skin makes. It looks spanking, and is very intuitive placing things in easy reach, such as in progress movies, Favourite TV channels, most played radio channels, recently played albums.... Previously I used xperience1080 and sometime Confluence so I initially found Estuary to be quite a change and wasn't sure about it..... BUT .. half an hour later I was converted! It's like having a new media centre!

The only Issue I have come across is that PVR widgets are not populated at startup (maybe because PVR manager has not fully started when home.xml is loaded?)... and require a skin reload to become visible.. I hope this gets fixed soon as I use PVR quite a lot...

Well done guys!

Well it's still pre alpha, so there are still some funky things happening here and there. Like the one you mentioned on the home screen.

(2016-03-11, 09:11)mazey Wrote: [...]

we really need the Add-ons browser (install from repo/zip) put back in settings, maybe add another row on the right for 3 more boxes, system information reduced to system info. or just replace skin settings with add-ons again.

themes still dont work in android it says Theme skin default and is greyed out, maybe you can figure out whats going on?

[...]

Should still be available through addons on the home screen or addons and then the sub menu items.

Themes had a bug on android afaik, should be fixed soon if not already.

(2016-03-11, 09:36)Klaus1189 Wrote: How do I switch between different view modes? I only have one greyed out option called WideList
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4y5u0gBKYqbcjNscVJLelA3Mkk/view?usp=sharing

File lists only have those, you'll have to scan to library to get the enriched lists.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - LeeJS - 2016-03-11

The skin looks great.Good work.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - kekePower - 2016-03-12

Hi.

Thanks for the great looking new skin for Krypton. Loving it.

Found a small bug, though.

The resolution of my screen is 1600x900 and the alignment of the timer is off a little bit as you can see in the screenshot.
Using Mageia Linux 5 and have compiled Krypton locally from git.

Tried to use Trac, but was unable to log on. Got an error about cookies not being enabled and that's why I'm reporting it here.

Thanks.

Cheers,
kekePower

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Klaus1189 - 2016-03-13

Do I have to worry because the downloaded Confluence Skin doesn't work completely in the last and todays Nightly?
-> Like some control buttons do not pop up like video or audio settings when I press M on the keyboard.

The delay time while refresh rate change is done isn't applied, do I need to open a ticket for that?
And v17 also needs a buffer second, do you recognized that hang at the first few seconds?

Hopefully the things work in future again ...

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - ilovethakush - 2016-03-13

(2016-03-12, 23:52)kekePower Wrote: Hi.

Thanks for the great looking new skin for Krypton. Loving it.

Found a small bug, though.

The resolution of my screen is 1600x900 and the alignment of the timer is off a little bit as you can see in the screenshot.
Using Mageia Linux 5 and have compiled Krypton locally from git.

Tried to use Trac, but was unable to log on. Got an error about cookies not being enabled and that's why I'm reporting it here.

Thanks.

Cheers,
kekePower

Three times in the past week in this very thread I have mentioned that this skin only works on 1080p. Not just with what you pointed out, but tv and movie posters in some views are cut off and or stretched. I have been completely ignored. So fuck it, not using this skin.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - thewarm - 2016-03-13

Refreshing change. Matches Windows 8.1 perfectly!

I know this is not the place to ask, but with all the code updates, why do I still have these lines at the end of my log? Been there for years...

08:04:26 T:6696 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10013 from the window manager when it didn't exist
08:04:26 T:6696 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10014 from the window manager when it didn't exist
08:04:26 T:6696 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10015 from the window manager when it didn't exist
08:04:26 T:6696 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10016 from the window manager when it didn't exist
08:04:26 T:6696 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10017 from the window manager when it didn't exist
08:04:26 T:6696 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10018 from the window manager when it didn't exist
08:04:26 T:6696 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10019 from the window manager when it didn't exist
08:04:26 T:6696 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10021 from the window manager when it didn't exist
08:04:26 T:6696 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10107 from the window manager when it didn't exist
08:04:26 T:6696 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10115 from the window manager when it didn't exist
08:04:26 T:6696 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10104 from the window manager when it didn't exist

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - MONSTA - 2016-03-13

Hi.
"Сolours" in skin settings are too bright. Small fonts almost merge. The only normal background is maroon. Probably better will make it a little darker.
Thanks

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - rsoares - 2016-03-13

Hi,

The skin looks great.Good work.

Why some addons the poster and banner dont work, in the others skins works normaly.

thanks

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Shomei - 2016-03-13

Hi. Very nice looking skin overall.
But there are some things I don’t like.

1. Only 11 items in the list view compared to 14 items in Confluence skin. Too much waste of space at the top and the bottom I think.

2. I prefer list view and not the tiles|extra_big_icons_view almost everywhere in the Estuary now (also in Settings screen). I hope there will be options...

3. 16/9 preview thumbnails for video files because all videos are widescreen now. Square thumbnails are ugly. And items_list on the left, thumbnails on the right side maybe...

4. Settings in the main menu.

5. More compact OSD menu.

6. We have additional osd-info (O – key), so I want to see important information there. Similar to Potplayer OSD info (Tab - key).

7. Hotkeys to open audio|subtitles list.

8. Confluence-like horizontal menu because it was awesome =)

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Wheresthebeef - 2016-03-14

I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but I've found that the TV shows widget "unwatched tv shows" on the home screen is mentioning shows that have currently have 0 episodes in them.

I think if a show currently has 0 episodes then it should not appear under "unwatched tv shows". Especially if you have "show empty tv shows" disabled in the settings.

Thank you

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - rodalpho - 2016-03-14

(2016-03-13, 23:23)Shomei Wrote: 3. 16/9 preview thumbnails for video files because all videos are widescreen now. Square thumbnails are ugly. And items_list on the left, thumbnails on the right side maybe...
Agreed-- this is one of my major blockers, I can't STAND right-aligned listviews. They are an abomination unto god.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - mazey - 2016-03-14

i agree with 1, should be even number like 12 would be nice instead of 11.

i also agree with 3. it does seem strange to have thumbnails on the left instead of right.

the rest im not a fan of, its fine as is, imo.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - rodalpho - 2016-03-14

The default spacing makes better use of white space and is (to my mind, anyway) unequivocally more attractive, but it takes a lot for me to trade-off functionality for beauty.

Google's webapps like Gmail have sizing options-- Comfortable, Cozy, and Compact. Perhaps something similar would be in-line here?

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Razze - 2016-03-14

(2016-03-14, 00:27)Wheresthebeef Wrote: I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but I've found that the TV shows widget "unwatched tv shows" on the home screen is mentioning shows that have currently have 0 episodes in them.

I think if a show currently has 0 episodes then it should not appear under "unwatched tv shows". Especially if you have "show empty tv shows" disabled in the settings.

Thank you

Haven't seen that so far and I'm using this a lot. Have you hidden the specials in for these shows somehow and are there still unwatched specials?

Edit: Sorry, I mixed up stuff, thought you were referencing the "ongoing tv shows" not "unwatched tv shows"
Phil actually already fixed those, might take some days to hit master.