Kodi Community Forum
v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin (/showthread.php?tid=262144)

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - C-Quel - 2016-04-17

(2016-04-15, 00:48)yamcenutzer Wrote: OK guys, I have to say it:

WMC , born 2005, died 2015

For pvr usage , although WMC is long dead, it still has by far the best UI in terms of how the supported features are presented and ALL OF THEM are accessible by the remote.

It seems the skinners, great work that they do, don't really use pvr too much.

Or just have not had chance to do it due to NORMAL life commitments Smile this does not pay the bills... just hack your own mods into it for now until they have got around to adding bells and whistles to this alpha skin

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Shomei - 2016-04-20

This empty object (poster ?) does not make sense in the list view e.g. when using youtube plugin or another non-movie video list.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Razze - 2016-04-20

(2016-04-20, 21:40)Shomei Wrote: This empty object (poster ?) does not make sense in the list view e.g. when using youtube plugin or another non-movie video list.

A wild guess from my side, but addons need to set the correct content type now. This is far stricter with estuary then with confluence. By design.
Not sure if the youtube addon does that correct right now.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - cursedbysam - 2016-04-23

Hello guys Wink

I am testing the skin right now and would it possible to insert two important functions which were available in the old skin?

1)
If you are in the movie section there was a shortcut to hide all watched films. That shortcut isn't there anymore.
2)
If you are scrolling through folders with files without a scanner (movie, serie, music) you cannot change the style of the folder video like poster wall, wall with information, and so on...

Maybe this function coming back, that would be really cool.

Else this skin is sooooo much better and beautifuler than the old one! Great respect!! Smile

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Razze - 2016-04-24

(2016-04-23, 19:38)cursedbysam Wrote: 1)
If you are in the movie section there was a shortcut to hide all watched films. That shortcut isn't there anymore.

Go into the side blade and change "All videos" to "Unwatched"

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - raptorjr - 2016-04-24

I have a few questions.

Is there a beta repository for this skin?

How do I get the colors in the EPG?

Is there a version of the skin that shows information when you skip/ff/rew/paus LiveTV? Very hard to skip around in LiveTV now when you don't have a clue on where you are in the stream.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - blm14 - 2016-04-26

Havent installed this yet but it appears that this new skin is designed around scraping your media library and presenting it from the home screen. Is it possible to still just use the "navigate your directories" approach and not scrape your media library? Mine is quite large (>20TB) and over wireless this will take way too long and anyways I have a particular directory structure I've used to organize that I want to continue to use...

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - mishka - 2016-04-27

I just downloaded and installed Kodi 16.1 "Jarvis".
I would like to have the Estuary skin but am not able to find it.
When I go to
>Settings
>Appearance
The skin is Confuence
When I press on the Skin, I get two Skins - Confluence and Re-Touched
If I go to "Get More", I do find more skins but not Estuary
How do I get and install Estuary?
Any help would be appreciated
Thank you

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - MikeKL - 2016-04-27

(2016-04-27, 19:41)mishka Wrote: I just downloaded and installed Kodi 16.1 "Jarvis". I would like to have the Estuary skin but am not able to find it.
Because its not available with Jarvis, only with latest development builds of Kodi v17.0 “Krypton” you could update to Krypton from Jarvis, but of course Krypton is a development release and prone to breakages etc

See bottom of page https://kodi.tv/download/ for more information

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - CyberCodeDroid - 2016-04-29

Mr.Phil, fantastic work! Big Grin

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - greenbag - 2016-04-29

I love this new skin! At first I couldn't find things as easily as Confluence, but I just needed to play around with it. The only thing I find missing/different than Confluence, is the data output after pressing 'o' on the keyboard just shows framereate and such, but not the codecs anymore. That's minor. What I'm really missing.. or just haven't found yet, is the on-screen signal strength meter in pvr,hts live tv. It would be nice to check my signal strength.

Other than that... I absolutely love it! Thank you!

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - greenbag - 2016-04-30

I found the metadata. Tongue

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - mazey - 2016-04-30

heh yeah, i liked the info on the osd when playing like 720p 5:1 dolby x264 etc but atleast its added to the file list or id really be in trouble.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Razze - 2016-04-30

(2016-04-29, 20:19)greenbag Wrote: The only thing I find missing/different than Confluence, is the data output after pressing 'o' on the keyboard just shows framereate and such, but not the codecs anymore. That's minor.

As far as I know it's not due to the skin but due to changes in Krypton video player. Just FYI

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - greenbag - 2016-04-30

(2016-04-30, 20:49)Razze Wrote:
(2016-04-29, 20:19)greenbag Wrote: The only thing I find missing/different than Confluence, is the data output after pressing 'o' on the keyboard just shows framereate and such, but not the codecs anymore. That's minor.

As far as I know it's not due to the skin but due to changes in Krypton video player. Just FYI

Thanks. I thought it was pvr.hts, so opened a ticket.. he said it was the skin.