Kodi Community Forum
v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin (/showthread.php?tid=262144)

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - ElectricPim - 2016-05-03

Is it possible to show Metadata as default instead of Plot in the info screen?.
`Not available` is not very informative IMHO.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Razze - 2016-05-03

(2016-05-03, 15:04)ElectricPim Wrote: Is it possible to show Metadata as default instead of Plot in the info screen?.

Well it's not the skins fault, if the scraper doesn't provide data.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Milhouse - 2016-05-03

(2016-05-03, 16:22)Razze Wrote: Well it's not the skins fault, if the scraper doesn't provide data.

If you're playing from Files rather than the Library, the item wouldn't even have been scraped.

Is it possible for Metadata to be the default whenever there is no plot? Or hide the Plot tab when there is no plot (just as the Cast tab doesn't appear when playing from Files).

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - dirtylion - 2016-05-03

someone got already a Live TV MOD ?

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Shomei - 2016-05-03

(2016-05-03, 17:26)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 16:22)Razze Wrote: Well it's not the skins fault, if the scraper doesn't provide data.

If you're playing from Files rather than the Library, the item wouldn't even have been scraped.

Is it possible for Metadata to be the default whenever there is no plot? Or hide the Plot tab when there is no plot (just as the Cast tab doesn't appear when playing from Files).

I also prefer Metadata info.
______

I wish kodi player (O key) has similar to potplayer OSD-info (Tab key in potplayer)

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - ElectricPim - 2016-05-04

(2016-05-03, 16:22)Razze Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 15:04)ElectricPim Wrote: Is it possible to show Metadata as default instead of Plot in the info screen?.

Well it's not the skins fault, if the scraper doesn't provide data.

- all files/library have metadata, not all have a plot (pun not intended)
- during play I use (i) info a lot, for seeing codec, time, time to go or endtime. I never wanna see the plot during play, maybe before play.
- only for DVB-T I consider plot useful in the info screen during play

Hence I would love to see metadata default/configurable: many people many tastes.

I'm beginning to like the new skin a lot, although I had some confusion in the beginning. Thanks for all the good work.

What did confuse me:
- I would expect to see the My Add-ons shortcut in the menu Add-Ons (Video add-ons, Musci-add-ons), I feel it's hidden under Add-ons->Download/Install Icon. In general it's confusing to see add-ons categories that I don't see under my add-ons
- in the EPG guide (TV-> guide) left will bring me to the slide-in menu. There is no shortcut to leave it, right doesn't work here (it does normally)

I know it's a work in progress, I hope my remarks have value.

The first thing I always hacked in to the old skin, was a direct shortcut for `subtitle offset`

I know a lot of people use subtitle offset a lot more then audio offset, so you would make people happy with a new shortcut.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Roby77 - 2016-05-06

Sorry if Ot

I would like to have favourites at startup....so i edit guisetting.xml with
Code:
<startupwindow>10134</startupwindow>

but if i close favourites window (to go in other section) or go back from library i get only a blank screen

thank you

edit:nevermind happen also with aeon nox 5

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - mazey - 2016-05-06

any chance we can get the Addons shortcut on the settings screen again, now that there is room Smile

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Razze - 2016-05-06

(2016-05-06, 03:49)mazey Wrote: any chance we can get the Addons shortcut on the settings screen again, now that there is room Smile

I don't think it was removed for room reasons Smile

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - mazey - 2016-05-06

(2016-05-06, 10:52)Razze Wrote:
(2016-05-06, 03:49)mazey Wrote: any chance we can get the Addons shortcut on the settings screen again, now that there is room Smile

its useful when hiding addons tab Tongue

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Guilouz - 2016-05-06

(2016-05-06, 10:52)Razze Wrote:

It go back on my MOD if you want.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - mowgli80 - 2016-05-06

I am not getting the skin to display correctly. Running kodi on Zotac-ID11 with Ubuntu 16.04 + Nvidia v340 proprietary drivers. Been having this problem since day 1.
Any suggestions how I can fix it?

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Guilouz - 2016-05-06

(2016-05-06, 19:36)mowgli80 Wrote: I am not getting the skin to display correctly. Running kodi on Zotac-ID11 with Ubuntu 16.04 + Nvidia v340 proprietary drivers. Been having this problem since day 1.
Any suggestions how I can fix it?

You must have latest Kodi build.