Kodi Community Forum
v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin (/showthread.php?tid=262144)

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Klaus1189 - 2016-06-05

(2016-06-01, 14:03)Klaus1189 Wrote: I just downloaded Kodi nightly from today: 01.06.2016 called:
KodiSetup-20160531-1e56320-master.exe 90M 01-Jun-2016 03:54

The automatic refresh rate change is done, but the feature "pause playback during refresh rate change" still does not work in this nightly like it should like in 16.1 Final

Is that a known issue?

Nobody knows something about this issue. I can't believe that ...

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Razze - 2016-06-05

(2016-06-05, 15:02)Klaus1189 Wrote:
(2016-06-01, 14:03)Klaus1189 Wrote: I just downloaded Kodi nightly from today: 01.06.2016 called:

The automatic refresh rate change is done, but the feature "pause playback during refresh rate change" still does not work in this nightly like it should like in 16.1 Final

Is that a known issue?

Well your not in the right topic to report such a problem, as it's not skin related.
And your even missing, on which platform you have the problem. Probably windows as you downloaded the exe?

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Klaus1189 - 2016-06-06

(2016-06-05, 23:11)Razze Wrote:
(2016-06-05, 15:02)Klaus1189 Wrote:

Is that a known issue?

Well your not in the right topic to report such a problem, as it's not skin related.
And your even missing, on which platform you have the problem. Probably windows as you downloaded the exe?

Yeah, you're right. I use Windows 10 Pro 1511. I can't believe that nobody has recognized that. However, I created a bug report here

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - CyberCodeDroid - 2016-06-07

OT: Skin is amazing, there would be the possibility to create a theme for linux?

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - jant90 - 2016-06-08

Just played around with it and I absolutely love the design, a job well done!

There's just one thing I don't understand, it's an issue I already had with Confluence and I expected modern design would fix it, it just makes no sense to my why the favourites button is hidden at the bottom and all the favourites entries are hidden in some kind of submenu/subscreen. They're called favourites, as in you put in the entries that you use most, on a daily basis, like your go-to add-ons that provide content you want to have quick access to because you use them all the time. Especially considering how easily users can hide any button from the main menu via the skin settings I expected the favourites button to be there as well.

Anyways, as I don't expect this to be implemented I was wondering if I could add something like that myself in a simple way. For example by editing a XML file and copy/pasting another main menu entry but rename it to favourites, that kind of simplicity. If that's possible could anyone point me to the right XML please?

Thanks!

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Ichabod Fletchman - 2016-06-08

(2016-06-08, 14:57)jant90 Wrote: Just played around with it and I absolutely love the design, a job well done!

There's just one thing I don't understand, it's an issue I already had with Confluence and I expected modern design would fix it, it just makes no sense to my why the favourites button is hidden at the bottom and all the favourites entries are hidden in some kind of submenu/subscreen. They're called favourites, as in you put in the entries that you use most, on a daily basis, like your go-to add-ons that provide content you want to have quick access to because you use them all the time. Especially considering how easily users can hide any button from the main menu via the skin settings I expected the favourites button to be there as well.

Anyways, as I don't expect this to be implemented I was wondering if I could add something like that myself in a simple way. For example by editing a XML file and copy/pasting another main menu entry but rename it to favourites, that kind of simplicity. If that's possible could anyone point me to the right XML please?

Thanks!

Yes there is an easy way to do what you want. You can edit the keymap and assign a key to open favourites.

For example, under global section add:
PHP Code:
<f>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</f

This will allow you to press the assigned key on any screen (as long as that key isn't used in another section), and access the favourites, then you don't have to go to the home screen.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - jant90 - 2016-06-08

(2016-06-08, 15:29)Ichabod Fletchman Wrote:
(2016-06-08, 14:57)jant90 Wrote: Just played around with it and I absolutely love the design, a job well done!

Thanks!

Yes there is an easy way to do what you want. You can edit the keymap and assign a key to open favourites.

For example, under global section add:
PHP Code:
<f>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</f

This will allow you to press the assigned key on any screen (as long as that key isn't used in another section), and access the favourites, then you don't have to go to the home screen.

Yeah I'm aware of that, though that's not really what I'm looking for. I mostly use my TV remote (via CEC) and the Yatse remote app to control Kodi so a hotkey would be useless in my case. I could of course add a command to Yatse but then I'm out of luck when using my TV remote.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - rodalpho - 2016-06-08

Try using the Keymap Editor addon, it makes this sort of thing really easy.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - jant90 - 2016-06-09

(2016-06-08, 19:55)rodalpho Wrote: Try using the Keymap Editor addon, it makes this sort of thing really easy.

I said I do not want to map the favourites menu to a key but instead I want it to show up in the main menu. As far as I'm aware the Keymap Editor addon is useless for that.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Ichabod Fletchman - 2016-06-09

(2016-06-09, 00:27)jant90 Wrote:
(2016-06-08, 19:55)rodalpho Wrote: Try using the Keymap Editor addon, it makes this sort of thing really easy.

I said I do not want to map the favourites menu to a key but instead I want it to show up in the main menu. As far as I'm aware the Keymap Editor addon is useless for that.

Rather than editing the skin, you could take a look at the Estuary Mod
It allows extensive customisation to most areas of the skin.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - jant90 - 2016-06-09

(2016-06-09, 00:47)Ichabod Fletchman Wrote:
(2016-06-09, 00:27)jant90 Wrote:

Rather than editing the skin, you could take a look at the Estuary Mod
It allows extensive customisation to most areas of the skin.

Thanks, missed that one, looks very promising indeed! Smile

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - AnthonyJS02 - 2016-06-10

What happened to the MOD for this skin?

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Smiggel - 2016-06-10

Hi guys,

I have a question about the new skin. I have tested it and it seems pretty nice so far. There is only one thing though, that I can not find. In confluence I see the number of episodes in the tv series list. This is replaced in Estuary for the year of the series.

I really would like to number of episodes displayed in stead of the year. The year is not important. I think it's more important the be able to see in the list how many episodes there are available. Now I have to scroll down every tv series in order to see if I have an episode in there. That is not really user friendly.

Can someone tell me if I can set the skin so it will display the number of episodes? I have been looking all over, but can not find.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Smiggel - 2016-06-10

(2016-03-08, 00:34)Klojum Wrote: Image

I'm hoping that the Estuary skin will be 21x9 aspect aware. Not just because of the fact that movies are often shot in that video aspect, but also because you can put so much more information on a screen. For example, the 'Recently added episodes' would benefit from a wider listing. Also descriptions for movies, tv shows and episodes will hardly need to scroll, because of the bigger text boxes. There is plenty of workspace. Right now I'm just attempting some simple skin edits Smile

How did you manage to display the episode quality in the list (HD, SD, etc)?

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Razze - 2016-06-10

(2016-06-10, 01:44)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: What happened to the MOD for this skin?

The topic broke the forum rules, due to screenshots of banned apps. So it was removed, which is standard procedure.