Kodi Community Forum
v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin (/showthread.php?tid=262144)

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - ThePoetStefan - 2016-12-07

(2016-12-05, 13:59)jd17 Wrote: The whole discussion would be obsolete if we could simply use any custom background... Like we could in Confluence, Estuary v1 and basically any skin there is.
I believe custom background was a choice until beta 6 came out, But anyhow I second this request of having custom background back.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - glubbish - 2016-12-07

I got close to the v1 color look by setting :
<color name="primary_background">FF5FCF00</color>
<color name="secondary_background">FF5FCF00</color>
in chartreuse.xml
I imagine the same can be done for the default blue

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - mazey - 2016-12-08

using default blue theme, i choose type 7 looks the same as type 1 with red tinge same spots, type 2 is the only one that seems to eliminate the red tinge but not fully. latest android arm nightly.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - drdwridav - 2016-12-08

Great user friendly skin but I'd like to echo the sentiments above about being able to add a custom background.
Also is there a way to reduce icon size so that part of a box does not drift off the screen to the right? I can understand why it's done this way (to give that ongoing list feel so you know it continues 'over the page') but it fails the wife and kids test :-)

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - _matt_ - 2016-12-08

(2016-12-08, 09:16)mazey Wrote: using default blue theme, i choose type 7 looks the same as type 1 with red tinge same spots, type 2 is the only one that seems to eliminate the red tinge but not fully. latest android arm nightly.

I'm seeing the same thing on the latest nightly. 1 and 7 appear to be identical.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - allan87 - 2016-12-09

I like v.2 very much. Please note:
- there is a cosmetic bug in with the channel list in PVR. When you scroll the channels up, the text rolls all the way to the top of the screen and is superimposed over other text.
- I, personally, would prefer the "recently watched channels" in the PVR recordings section, to be below recent recordings. Frankly, I don't see how "recently watched channels" belongs here at all - it's the "recordings" tab.

[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - ksooo - 2016-12-09

(2016-12-09, 00:51)allan87 Wrote: - I, personally, would prefer the "recently watched channels" in the PVR recordings section, to be below recent recordings. Frankly, I don't see how "recently watched channels" belongs here at all - it's the "recordings" tab.

No, it's not. It's actually the "TV" tab, not "recordings".

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - CyberCodeDroid - 2016-12-09

(2016-12-03, 16:12)Gracus Wrote:
(2016-12-03, 12:39)BelgarionNL Wrote: Pardon the language: What the HELL is happened to my dashboard: http://imgur.com/a/V6EfW

everything is HUGE... this was installed automatically with the windows store update

Welcome to the world of Estuary V2 Confused
Still no solution?

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Razze - 2016-12-09

(2016-12-09, 16:13)CyberCodeDroid Wrote:
(2016-12-03, 16:12)Gracus Wrote:
(2016-12-03, 12:39)BelgarionNL Wrote: Pardon the language: What the HELL is happened to my dashboard: http://imgur.com/a/V6EfW

everything is HUGE... this was installed automatically with the windows store update

Welcome to the world of Estuary V2 Confused
Still no solution?

(2016-12-04, 21:46)Razze Wrote:
(2016-12-04, 21:08)Ed76 Wrote: as some others have noticed the covers/thumbnails on the homescreen are a little bit to big now

That's already addressed in the latest skin version

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - The-Boxhead - 2016-12-09

Estuary v2 is a huge step backwards... Estuaryv1 was perfect, clean fast and nice use of screen real estate. It was easy to navigate and effective.
Estuary v2 looks and feel so clumsy, the fonts are horrible with hopeless spacing, icons and homescreen layout is awful, top and bottom bars are ugly, all views are bad and favorites are cumbersome....

Sorry but i rolled back to the last version with Eastuary v1 and will stay there Smile

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Martijn - 2016-12-09

(2016-12-09, 18:33)The-Boxhead Wrote: Estuary v2 is a huge step backwards... Estuaryv1 was perfect, clean fast and nice use of screen real estate. It was easy to navigate and effective.
Estuary v2 looks and feel so clumsy, the fonts are horrible with hopeless spacing, icons and homescreen layout is awful, top and bottom bars are ugly, all views are bad and favorites are cumbersome....

Sorry but i rolled back to the last version with Eastuary v1 and will stay there Smile

And that's where your support will end forever so you don't have to ask us anything any more.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - allan87 - 2016-12-09

(2016-12-09, 08:48)ksooo Wrote:
(2016-12-09, 00:51)allan87 Wrote: - I, personally, would prefer the "recently watched channels" in the PVR recordings section, to be below recent recordings. Frankly, I don't see how "recently watched channels" belongs here at all - it's the "recordings" tab.
No, it's not. It's actually the "TV" tab, not "recordings".
TV has several tabs - channel list, guide, recordings…. Recently watched channels is, in fact, incongruously in the recordings section.

[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - The-Boxhead - 2016-12-09

(2016-12-09, 18:47)Martijn Wrote:
(2016-12-09, 18:33)The-Boxhead Wrote: Estuary v2 is a huge step backwards... Estuaryv1 was perfect, clean fast and nice use of screen real estate. It was easy to navigate and effective.

And that's where your support will end forever so you don't have to ask us anything any more.

No problem, you can not please everyone. Best of luck to you guys anyhow Smile

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - jd17 - 2016-12-09

Kind reminder:
(2016-11-28, 10:03)jd17 Wrote: Requests for v2:

1. Please bring back the ability to use any background.

(2016-11-24, 23:21)jd17 Wrote: Please bring back the awesome "slide-out" for the currently selected item in Wall view, maybe just as an option if I'm a minority in liking it.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - juramusger - 2016-12-09

Hmm, am I stupid or is Estuary always showing the OSD when playing music with visualisation?
Pressing "i" just shows/disables the cover and metadata. But the progress bar on the bottom and "now playing..." and the clock on the top always stay there.
I haven't found an option in the settings to change this behaviour.