Kodi Community Forum
v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin (/showthread.php?tid=262144)

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - illiac4 - 2016-03-03

I have tested livetv only and i must say that the confluence was better designed. One thing that bothers me that you do not see the channels logo. You have to go on channel and then you will see it. It makes visual selection much harder since there are no logos with channel names that was helpful to quickly see what channel is.

Second what i did like on confluence was that you could watch channel even when not on full screen. In small screen you was able to watch channel. I do no see the point of overlying the live tv because it has no point. I hope you will implement small screen livetv option like in confluence.

Also maybee usefull would be to make a default a longpress on ok button to switch fullscreen.

[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - ksooo - 2016-03-03

(2016-03-03, 09:32)illiac4 Wrote: I have tested livetv only and i must say that the confluence was better designed. One thing that bothers me that you do not see the channels logo. You have to go on channel and then you will see it. It makes visual selection much harder since there are no logos with channel names that was helpful to quickly see what channel is.

Second what i did like on confluence was that you could watch channel even when not on full screen. In small screen you was able to watch channel. I do no see the point of overlying the live tv because it has no point. I hope you will implement small screen livetv option like in confluence.

Also maybee usefull would be to make a default a longpress on ok button to switch fullscreen.

Yeah I second that. Would be really very nice to get the logos in the channel list back as well as non full screen playing channels.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - mazey - 2016-03-03

for some reason if i stop playing a video the directory resets and shows me the first item again then i have to scroll all the way down to the next episode.

also i cant select themes on android tv (its greyed out)

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Piers - 2016-03-03

(2016-03-03, 09:37)mazey Wrote: for some reason if i stop playing a video the directory resets and shows me the first item again then i have to scroll all the way down to the next episode.

Are the xbt files in /media?

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - mazey - 2016-03-03

(2016-03-03, 11:02)Piers Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 09:37)mazey Wrote: for some reason if i stop playing a video the directory resets and shows me the first item again then i have to scroll all the way down to the next episode.

Are the xbt files in /media?

not sure where that directory is on android, couldnt see it using es file explorer.

Re: RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Milhouse - 2016-03-03

(2016-03-03, 08:37)querty1000 Wrote: (RPi2 - milhouse Openelec)
Is the skin fully remote access compatible? I can only browse through the movie or TV database, but never reach the tool bars with the navigation keys (up/down/right/left). The only keys, that will work also are the Exit key and the Back key, both will go to the main menu (home screen).
I had to plug in a mouse to reach the settings menu to go back to another skin or to reach the shutdown button.

The skin is working fine with default keymaps and my build, "toolbars" are accessible using up/down. Are you using a custom keymap?

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - querty1000 - 2016-03-03

(2016-03-03, 11:37)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 08:37)querty1000 Wrote: (RPi2 - milhouse Openelec)
Is the skin fully remote access compatible? I can only browse through the movie or TV database, but never reach the tool bars with the navigation keys (up/down/right/left). The only keys, that will work also are the Exit key and the Back key, both will go to the main menu (home screen).
I had to plug in a mouse to reach the settings menu to go back to another skin or to reach the shutdown button.

The skin is working fine with default keymaps and my build, "toolbars" are accessible using up/down. Are you using a custom keymap?

Up/Down scrolls for me to the movie-database. On down if "Z" is arrived it switches to the beginning "A", or on Up if "A" is arrived it switches to "Z" (like all other skins) and does not select any toolbar. I will test this again at home today evening.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - odt_x - 2016-03-03

Thanks for the hard work! This skin is pretty much what a modern interface should be with the important stuff being accessible from the main screen immediately.

Couple of small things - just my 2 cents after a few hours using the skin:

1) Bug: Favorite TV/Radio channels don't show after a clean startup with Estuary skin. They became listed only after switching to Confluence and back
2) Improvement: The Music menu item does not go to the default music source entry when there is nothing scanned in the library. Could this be changed with a condition if library is empty?
3) Request: Please add an interactive favorites menu entry instead of the small button at the bottom of the list?

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Milhouse - 2016-03-03

(2016-03-03, 12:54)querty1000 Wrote: Up/Down scrolls for me to the movie-database. On down if "Z" is arrived it switches to the beginning "A", or on Up if "A" is arrived it switches to "Z" (like all other skins) and does not select any toolbar. I will test this again at home today evening.

Not really sure I follow - I'm not sure which "toolbars" you are referring to inside the Movies library - there's only the blade menu and scroll bar.

Say you're in the home screen, with "Movies" highlighted in the main navigation menu. If you keep clciking down, TV shows, Music, Add-ons, Pictures, Videos, Weather (if not disabled)... where do you go when you click down on Videos/Weather? You should enter the small cluster of icons bottom left (File Manager, Settings, Favourites, Power).

Alternatively, if you click OK on "Movies" to enter the Movies library, you should have an "Options" icon in the bottom left corner of the screen that informs you which direction to push (up or left, depending on your current view - it's left for the default List view) to pop out the blade menu.

Maybe some screenshots will help, highlighting the toolbars are that you are unable to access.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - dukester - 2016-03-03

Love it, this is good work for sure. It gives Kodi a nice "new" feeling on the first start. a few PVR hangs myself here also like it was mentioned already but i love the PVR layout myself, everything is nice and clear and easy to see and navigate, also im using a large custom keymap and have no issues at all with navigation like the user above.

** edited feature request out

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Raitsa - 2016-03-03

Is there a way for all of us upgradeaholics (already using Estuary from the 1st post) to update to the very latest skin version?

(2016-03-03, 17:58)Raitsa Wrote: Is there a way for all of us upgradeaholics (already using Estuary from the 1st post) to update to the very latest skin version?

Not at the moment.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Forage - 2016-03-03

I've been playing with the skin for a bit now. It's didn't take me long to find my way around the UI so IMHO you guys did a good job making it clear and simple as it should be. I can't say I really have a preference for the old default skin or this one, but still.

A few initial comments:
  • To changing text ("Find movies...", "Find music...", etc) in the search box on the home screen is really distracting. I think I understand that you did it to be clear about its capabilities, but it keep drawing my attention each time it changes. This is a no-go for me. Please consider a fixed text.
  • The "HD" and "SD" labels in the movie list are not that important to have it there behind the date if you ask me. It clutters the UI, with some movies having the label and some don't, too much to make it worth it. You'll probably watch the movie either way, no matter the quality. I'd consider removing it completely, maybe having it just in the movie details next to the codec.
  • Is the movie date that important to have it behind the movie in the list itself as well as in the details next to it? That the same data in the same view twice is redundant I think. It's probably not going to affect your choice so I wouldn't consider it important enough to have it in the list itself.
  • Please consider squeezing in the movie genre in the list view so you can directly see it while browsing through your collection. That's the one thing I missed in the previous skin a well.
  • Also, the genre is a bit hidden now if you go look at the movie details. I was searching it in the list on the right with the other details. The top bar isn't something you'd look at often.
  • I'd love to see the option back to prevent the background from changing. It's a lot of changing in the background when browsing for something you can't really see anyway. More distracting then useful if you ask me.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - querty1000 - 2016-03-03

(2016-03-03, 16:08)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 12:54)querty1000 Wrote: Up/Down scrolls for me to the movie-database. On down if "Z" is arrived it switches to the beginning "A", or on Up if "A" is arrived it switches to "Z" (like all other skins) and does not select any toolbar. I will test this again at home today evening.

Not really sure I follow - I'm not sure which "toolbars" you are referring to inside the Movies library - there's only the blade menu and scroll bar.

Say you're in the home screen, with "Movies" highlighted in the main navigation menu. If you keep clciking down, TV shows, Music, Add-ons, Pictures, Videos, Weather (if not disabled)... where do you go when you click down on Videos/Weather? You should enter the small cluster of icons bottom left (File Manager, Settings, Favourites, Power).

Alternatively, if you click OK on "Movies" to enter the Movies library, you should have an "Options" icon in the bottom left corner of the screen that informs you which direction to push (up or left, depending on your current view - it's left for the default List view) to pop out the blade menu.

Maybe some screenshots will help, highlighting the toolbars are that you are unable to access.

Damn, forget it, i have just choosen the skin for touchscreens instead the new one. they sounds similar.

(2016-03-03, 18:26)Forage Wrote: I've been playing with the skin for a bit now. It's didn't take me long to find my way around the UI so IMHO you guys did a good job making it clear and simple as it should be. I can't say I really have a preference for the old default skin or this one, but still.

A few initial comments:
  • To changing text ("Find movies...", "Find music...", etc) in the search box on the home screen is really distracting. I think I understand that you did it to be clear about its capabilities, but it keep drawing my attention each time it changes. This is a no-go for me. Please consider a fixed text.
  • The "HD" and "SD" labels in the movie list are not that important to have it there behind the date if you ask me. It clutters the UI, with some movies having the label and some don't, too much to make it worth it. You'll probably watch the movie either way, no matter the quality. I'd consider removing it completely, maybe having it just in the movie details next to the codec.
  • Is the movie date that important to have it behind the movie in the list itself as well as in the details next to it? That the same data in the same view twice is redundant I think. It's probably not going to affect your choice so I wouldn't consider it important enough to have it in the list itself.
  • Please consider squeezing in the movie genre in the list view so you can directly see it while browsing through your collection. That's the one thing I missed in the previous skin a well.
  • Also, the genre is a bit hidden now if you go look at the movie details. I was searching it in the list on the right with the other details. The top bar isn't something you'd look at often.
  • I'd love to see the option back to prevent the background from changing. It's a lot of changing in the background when browsing for something you can't really see anyway. More distracting then useful if you ask me.

Please don't post suggestion in this thread - there is a dedicated suggestions thread.