Kodi Community Forum
Feature Requests - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: Feature Requests (/showthread.php?tid=262603)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Feature Requests - edrikk - 2016-08-06

I've added my comment here as well, but I did want to note it in this Feature Request thread.

My wife commented tonight that she can't read the new skin's font.... She's has perfect eye sight... This is on a 50" Plasma in the living room, from about 10' away... Basically the reason/use case for Estuary.

We've been using Kodi for over 5 years in this same setup and all has been fine in terms of readability... Ability to increase font size will really be useful.

RE: Feature Requests - bilgepump - 2016-08-08

(2016-08-05, 16:29)kekomat Wrote:
(2016-05-06, 18:25)theotocopulitos Wrote: Request: add the file name and path in the info screen, specially for movies and tv shows - I think that this information is useful and is included in most skins.

+1

kekomat
I would also like this information available, please. Others have also noticed its absence. 285783 (thread)

Personally, I'd like the icons for unwatched and part-watched either different, bigger, or able to be changed for different or bigger. From a distance, and especially when I don't have my glasses on (which I don't in the middle of the night when I put the tv on), differentiating between the square and the half-filled circle is difficult for me. (My eyesight isn't that bad, I only have a little bit of magnification in my glasses)

Thank you very much for your hard work. I love the new layout.

RE: Feature Requests - edrikk - 2016-08-09

I think general "from the couch" view ability needs to be addressed.
I raised the font size issue, but this also falls in the same category (to which I also agree)...

RE: Feature Requests - kekomat - 2016-08-11

I would like earlier seasons of TV shows to keep the cover art in file mode when another folder of the same TV show is added. With Estuary once you add a folder with another season of a show the folder of the same show you added before loses it's associated image.

Any chance for that??

RE: Feature Requests - Justy - 2016-08-13

I love both the new skins and have converted my whole family already because I couldn't wait to use such a clean interface. My one request would be to add the video resolution into the "metadata info" currently it shows the aspect ratio. For the same show Estuary shows "2.40:1" in the same area that Estouchy shows "1080 HD"

RE: Feature Requests - iainmacleod - 2016-08-13

What I would love to see is bandwidth usage when looking at the diagnostics - I miss it when analyzing any lag on my network.

Sent from my OnePlus 2

RE: Feature Requests - aerandir92 - 2016-08-22

The option to show tags as collections in the full Movie list.
Say if you scroll through your movie list and notice an MCU movie, you might decide "Hey, I want to see an MCU movie I haven't seen in a while". As it is now, I would have to go back out to the main menu, navigate to the little tag button, then navigate to my MCU tag, and there are the movies. I should just be able to scroll in my movie list to M (if sorted by title) and MCU should be right there.

RE: Feature Requests - Shomei - 2016-08-22

Please add an option to disable the pause overlay menu and show OSD-info instead (see screenshot).
This will solve a huge problem with overlapping important area of the screen, especially subtitles.

RE: Feature Requests - Bobburt - 2016-08-23

Would it be possible to get a thumbnail view within "Video" sources, like Confluence had? As it is right now with the beta, you can't change it from its WideList setting.

RE: Feature Requests - wjharing - 2016-08-24

HI, I really like the new skin.
Wanted to suggest a few points for improvement:

- the 'watched' circle icon (half filled, when watching still in progress), would it be possible to fill it (pie chart wise) for the percentage the movie/show has been watched for? This will help to understand how much still to watch, before it is completed. Circle could be slightly bigger to improve the visibility

- on the main screen, when TV Shows is highlighted, the right side lists 'recently added' and randomly 'unwatched' shows. What would be more useful is to list the 'Next Unwatched TV show' of your most recently watched TV shows. That way you can instantly continue from the main page watching the TV shows you watched yesterday and continue from there. Second option to list should be 'in progress', allowing you to instantly continue watching something you haven't competed before.

- finally, there is a difference in size of text/display when pausing the movie/show, vs. bringing up the menu to activate subtitles etc. during playback

RE: Feature Requests - lowKF - 2016-08-29

(2016-03-08, 18:50)Splike Wrote: - Persistent movie titles. Wall view only shows the movie title of a movie, if you hover over it with the mouse or have it selected. Persistent titles is good, because you can quickly see the title of all movies on the screen, without having to read the cover art (Which can be difficult sometimes)

I've made a mockup of how it would look.

(2016-04-06, 10:58)Gothicawakening Wrote: Persistent Movie Titles: I really hate how the title only shows when the movie is selected.. if you have anything in your folder that doesn't have a poster there is no way to know what it is! Some posters are fairly obscure too, I'd love to have the name below the poster (like in Splike's mockup).

I've just migrated from Jarvis+Confluence to Krypton+Estuary.

My standard view was Confluence's Thumbnails -- the closest equivalent iiuc in Estuary it 'Wall'.

I've got lots of posters for movies, as well as custom collections art, that do NOT show the title or collection name ON the art.

In 'Wall', currently, without persistent movie titles (see spike's mockup), it's at best cumbersome to find your target -- particularly if it's generic Collection art.

One more big thumbs up on the feature request for a Persistent Movie Titles option for Estuary/Wall

RE: Feature Requests - PatOso - 2016-08-31

Please Add "Play Trailer minimized in information movie" Big Grin

Thanks for the new skin.Nod

RE: Feature Requests - Igrgic - 2016-09-03

Please add finaly in main menu:

Movies1
Movies2
Movies3
TV shows1
TV shows2
TV shows3

RE: Feature Requests - sarbes - 2016-09-07

Please include a view suited for (video) add-ons. The only viewmode for this task is "Fanart", which doesn't display the thumbnail of the video.

An typical add-on supplies at least the following information (this would make a good basic view):
- Title
- Thumbnail (16x9)
- Fanart

Most online sources include additional metadata, which would be good to include in an additional view:
- Plot
- Duration of the video
- Show title*

*Most add-ons display episodes from different shows in one directory. The video title itself doesn't tell the user which show it is (e.g. "Apéritif"). If a view could display the name of the show ("Hannibal" - "Apéritif"), it would be clear. The add-ons could put the show name in the title itself, but this would result in very long titles, sometimes twice as wide as the label. This leads to scrolling which is far from optimal.

Metadata which could be displayed on the infoscreen:
- Date aired on tv
- Date aired on web source
- Expiring date
- Channel (studio) name
- Channel (studio) logo
- Rating

In addition, I would like to make a request for a dedicated view for sports matches. Add-ons could provide custom infolabels:
- Home team name
- Guest team name
- Home Logo
- Guest Logo
- Home score
- Guest score

I did a mockup with Confluence some time ago, it looked pretty neat. Message me is you want an add-on which supports those labels.

RE: Feature Requests - forcedalias - 2016-09-08

Very nice skin.

My request: MPAA media flag in movie list. If possible, also on movie info screen during playback, maybe next to the other media flags under 'metadata' tab.