Kodi Community Forum
Feature Requests - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: Feature Requests (/showthread.php?tid=262603)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Feature Requests - Gracus - 2017-02-08

(2017-02-08, 14:23)Alexsource Wrote: I like the new skin, but it doesn't seem to be mouse friendly enough. e.g.: the side menĂº goes away too fast, and when going through a list of series/movies/whatever, it scrolls too fast, wich sometimes forces me to use the keyboard Tongue

Is there an option or something I havent seem?

No option that I'm aware of...

Best solutions could be:

-use another skin more mouse friendly
-use a remote or a game controller (or keep using your keyboard)

RE: Feature Requests - sabrex - 2017-02-08

(2017-02-08, 14:23)Alexsource Wrote: I like the new skin, but it doesn't seem to be mouse friendly enough. e.g.: the side menĂº goes away too fast, and when going through a list of series/movies/whatever, it scrolls too fast, wich sometimes forces me to use the keyboard Tongue

Is there an option or something I havent seem?

Estuary is not well-suited for mouse or gyro-mouse navigation as you've discovered. Confluence (which you can still install on Kodi 17) is much better suited for that purpose. I have to say that after resisting Estuary for the same reason you've stated, I eventually switched to a non-gyro remote on Estuary and prefer the new experience much more than I did with a gyro-mouse on Confluence. Your experience may vary, of course...

RE: Feature Requests - Alexsource - 2017-02-08

Thanks for the replies!
Well, I guess I can still use the keyboard and I do have Kore on my phone, and use it from time to time Tongue
I'll eventually try Confluence on 17 or other skins Wink

RE: Feature Requests - Soli - 2017-02-09

The skin is pretty cool, just not for me.

A couple of things immediately stood out in a negative way:

Kodi logo on top left corner needs to go. I know I'm using Kodi and don't need to be reminded of that.
The row with power settings search needs to go too. At least make it configurable from the skin settings. (although the logo really needs to dissappear...)

Settings and power (and even search) I expect to be able to include in the "s" menu instead of the home screen. That makes it easy to configure something, now I have to navigate back to the home screen and then mavigate to the settings menu if I had to configure something. I'm sure it'll be a great skin with a few tweaks.

RE: Feature Requests - abescalamis - 2017-02-09

My only two requests are:

*I want Kodi to show the movie ratings (yes I know that I can see the rating by going to movie information)
*Option to autohide the side bar menu, and to come up when moving all the way to left.

RE: Feature Requests - BumbleBernie - 2017-02-10

Increased font size is important to me and other users.

The workarounds modifying xml files do not work for all users with Raspberry installations.

Why can't the the font size settings in Confluence also be included in the new Skin Estuary Huh

This would help to make a great product even better and more attractive to older people.

Bernie

RE: Feature Requests - fliphusker - 2017-02-10

The last 2 posters hit the nail on the head for me and both were the reason i came here.
I did not know I could see the ratings from the info part, but why go through all that when a simple script, (assume it would be fairly simple for someone who knows that they are doing.) would be awesome. Color code it would be even better. And toss a number rating with it.
The font thing is really annoying. Come on now, there are what, 50 different fonts to change, but the majority of us who want bigger font really only want it in certain places. For me that is in the tv shows/movies titles for the list. And then everything in the description panel of the movie. I also would like bigger font on the time and everything else when viewing a movie. (Think it is called OSC or OCS.) Why not make a customizable panel that allows you to change the font for certain things?
I am fine with digging through .xml files, but hate that I have to change everything as the lines in .xml files are so poorly labeled. Then when it gets updated, you lose everything and that sux. Now I have to take my box up to my computer and drag the file to it, again and hope it is compatible.

RE: Feature Requests - raptorjr - 2017-02-11

In the video playback OSD you have current position, total length, time remaining, and at what time the media ends in the top right corner.

I actually think that the total length is not needed. There is enough information available already about the length of the media.

A better use of that position would be to show how much time you have timeshifted if you are playing LiveTV. And nothing at all if it is some other kind of video.

I hope this is a good suggestion =)

RE: Feature Requests - majorsl - 2017-02-12

Let us add Add-Ons as main menu items. The Add-Ons menu is nice, but it throws everything in there with no regard for if an Add-On even functions as an interactive user item.

I don't need the wife and kids messing with "setup once" Add-Ons when they are trying to get to a legitimate video/music/movie trailer add-on.

The beauty of Confluence was making them widgets, although I always felt there should have been an option to make them menu items with that skin too.

RE: Feature Requests - Vimes - 2017-02-12

Hi

This is possible in Confluence but is not a feature which is std in Estuary.....

Mark some TV shows and or Movies as your favourites.

Then as you have watched them, or no longer wish to keep them, you decide to delete them from your library from within their listing, either from the TV shows group or the Movie one.

But unless you remember to remove it as your favourite before you delete it from your library then it is stuck in your favourites as you can't seem to use the context key to remove it from that list.

Going back to Confluence and then into my Favourites listing I can use the context key to manage the favourite listing and so delete what I want. This can't be done with Estuary.

It can be done with the Estuary mod.

RE: Feature Requests - ketterer - 2017-02-13

Feature request - Commented xml files
I'm both trying learn how to skin and modify skins, and as always with anything, comented code makes for easier learning. I have been reading the manual and understand the general idea of most elements, but trying to find where something is specifucally can be challenging. I mean bith for modifying the code and observing and learning from it is very hard when everthing is uncomented.
as a start at least general coments on main sections

RE: Feature Requests - AnthonyB - 2017-02-14

Horizontal scrolling (e.g. Home screen -> scroll through categories) shouldn't just stop at the last item on right edge, thus forcing you to have to scroll left to get all the way back.. it should function like a carousel whereby one more click past last item on right of horizontal scroll takes you back to the first item.

RE: Feature Requests - AnthonyB - 2017-02-14

Changing order of Categories - there's no notification that the change will only take place after restarting Kodi which is quite confusing. Currently, you go an change the node order, go back to Home screen and nothing has changed.

There should be an exit notification when leaving the node order change dialogs that you need to restart Kodi for changes to take effect.

RE: Feature Requests - DjDiabolik - 2017-02-15

mmmmmmmmmmmmm... it's possibly a LOST Feature when pass to Confluence to Estuary.

There's no more possibly to READ/WATCH the changelog of addons.... on Confluence it's possibly that from info of addons here on Estuary it's only possibly to disable, disable autoupdate, check update, uninstall or play. No more Read Changelog.

Please RE-ADD... i thinks this is a usefull feature.

RE: Feature Requests - Kalanur - 2017-02-20

I really like Estuary but there is one important feature (for me) missing:

Instead of showing "In progress TV shows" it should only show the next unwatched episode of all the series so you can directly start to watch from the home screen.

Something like the "On deck" feature of Plex and Emby.