Kodi Community Forum
Beta Spotify for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: Beta Spotify for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=265356)

RE: Spotify for Kodi - User 224999 - 2016-05-04

(2016-05-04, 17:32)Njaynl Wrote: I tried the addon today and i needed to connect spotify again is this normal ?

Yes, sorry. I needed to expand the scope to get the last played lists working

RE: Spotify for Kodi - darkdays - 2016-05-05

Just tried it out a bit more today, the speed is much improved, great work! Thanks for the answers, seems like the context menu has shrunk to a more manageable size as well, but I have been playing around with the skin quite a bit so could be related to that as well, the backside of too much customization Wink

(2016-05-02, 17:32)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-04-22, 16:33)darkdays Wrote: Illogical back button behaviour in some contexts
When browsing an album, context clicking and doing a search on artist top tracks pressing back on the result land me back on the Kodi main menu rather than back to the previous screen. I have a feeling that this might be a skinning/kodi issue in conjunction with the addon, so not sure this actually have anything to do with your addon except that it is the only place I encounter it.
This should be fixed in next version.

It is indeed, but it is still a bit unintuitive to me to get thrown back to the plugin root. I guess I expect to end up where I was just before I went off.
I guess my intuition would be a behaviour like this; if I'm in /root/my music/playlists/playlist/song/artists top tracks/ and press back I go one step down in the tree rather than all the way to root. Would this behaviour make any sense?

(2016-05-02, 17:32)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-04-22, 16:33)darkdays Wrote: Inbox gone?
Can't see my inbox anywhere. In Spotimc it's listed among the playlists.
There is no such thing as a inbox in spotify. What did spotimc list in there ?

Sure is, but seems like it is called "Messages" in the Spotify apps and is hidden behind a strange icon next to the user icon. (Maybe it changed or maybe it has always been called that, my Spotify usage has been 99% Spotimc the last year or two Smile) It contains songs sent to you by your friends. In my Spotimc it is displayed at the top of the playlist list by default(?) along with Starred and Discover Weekly.

ps. I'm going to try and write up some more suggestions regarding navigation, behaviour, etc later on.. Being able to add songs/albums to the queue would be nice for instance. But will take some time to figure out which strange behaviours are related to the addon and which are related to the skin or Kodi. Smile ds.

A new suggestion:

Turn off/make optional(Spotimc handled this quite nicely)/separate "Appears on"-results from the actual artists albums when listing "All albums for artist".

Example; When I do a "All albums for artist" of a Townes van Zandt song I get about 44 compilations and 14 of his albums all mixed up and it's not easy for me to tell what is what (in Madnox at least, maybe other skins fare better?).

Found something that might be a bug or weird behavior. I get "this track is not available in your country" quite a lot in my playlists, which is strange since they've always worked here before both in Spotimc and in the Spotify PC & android app. When I go to "artist top tracks" for Townes van Zandt all the songs the addons lists refuse to play with that message. But if I browse his albums I can play the same songs just fine in the addon. Seems odd.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - Njaynl - 2016-05-05

(2016-05-04, 18:38)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 17:32)Njaynl Wrote: I tried the addon today and i needed to connect spotify again is this normal ?

Nothing to do about this ? I never use a keyboard for kodi and now when i start the addon the webpage comes up and i need to connect my keyboard re login then go back to kodi ! Would be awesome if the connection is foreverBig Grin

RE: Spotify for Kodi - werewolf80 - 2016-05-05

hi guys, Marcel,

when opening an album or playlist from my music it takes some minutes to open it, same when starting playing the tracks. Not every time, but regular than exception it seems at this moment...

Opening the list of artists from my music results in a fault. Log here

(2016-05-05, 08:52)Njaynl Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 18:38)marcelveldt Wrote:

Nothing to do about this ? I never use a keyboard for kodi and now when i start the addon the webpage comes up and i need to connect my keyboard re login then go back to kodi ! Would be awesome if the connection is foreverBig Grin

I think you only have to do it when there's certain updates that need new permissions(?), so I don't think it will happen that often.
Anyway, had the same thought yesterday and if you're using OpenELEC/LibreELEC you can use the x11vnc-service from OpenELEC Unofficial repo to get a remote desktop from another computer (or phone) with a VNC-client. I got a lot of flicker in the VNC-client, but for my setup this was a much simpler solution than connecting a physical keyboard/mouse.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - Gonzo12 - 2016-05-06

Why no In-App-Browser to verify the login? o_O

RE: Spotify for Kodi - firelake42 - 2016-05-06

(2016-05-05, 02:45)darkdays Wrote: Found something that might be a bug or weird behavior. I get "this track is not available in your country" quite a lot in my playlists, which is strange since they've always worked here before both in Spotimc and in the Spotify PC & android app. When I go to "artist top tracks" for Townes van Zandt all the songs the addons lists refuse to play with that message. But if I browse his albums I can play the same songs just fine in the addon. Seems odd.

I can confirm this. Experienced it today with a Spotify-curated playlist that I've listened to a thousand times before in the web player without any problem. Since I was playing in shuffle mode, I could not check which songs were actually affected and if maybe they could be played when selected from their albums, like darkdays did.

Anyway, if there is a limitation to playing some songs in some countries, it would be better to not have a dialog that needs to be confirmed with OK before going to the next song. I had to grab the keyboard several times today just to keep the playlist going. Darkday's experience however indicates that they should acutally be playable and that it is something else.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - Njaynl - 2016-05-06

A nice option would be a shuffe playlist option is that possible ?

RE: Spotify for Kodi - werewolf80 - 2016-05-06

(2016-05-05, 12:16)werewolf80 Wrote: hi guys, Marcel,

when opening an album or playlist from my music it takes some minutes to open it, same when starting playing the tracks. Not every time, but regular than exception it seems at this moment...

Opening the list of artists from my music results in a fault. Log here

Playlists and albums seems to work fine now, but artists keep giving faults...

However, great addon!
Cheers

RE: Spotify for Kodi - ArthurJam - 2016-05-07

Hi, thank you for your work.

I use your plugin on my Nvidia Shield TV (Android).
I have successfully connected my premium account.

I have got this notification each time i launch the spotify plugin
Code:
Login error: Platform not supported for playback, continuing without playback support.

Is it normal ?

I can navigate my Spotify library without any problems.
When I run a title nothing seems to happen.

After installing the official spotify APK, your plugin launches the official application.
Unfortunately, it play always the first song of the album and not the choosen title.

Moreover can I expect a full integration kodi as traditional music files ?

Thank you.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - RobboLew - 2016-05-07

Does this still work?

RE: Spotify for Kodi - Jönke - 2016-05-08

Shield tv is not supported

RE: Spotify for Kodi - User 224999 - 2016-05-08

(2016-05-08, 00:08)Jönke Wrote: Shield tv is not supported

In fact, it might be within a few days. Some guy was kind enough to compile the libspotify source for arm64.
I will include this in the addon and let's see what happens if a few shield owners try it out :-)