Kodi Community Forum
Beta Spotify for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: Beta Spotify for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=265356)

RE: Spotify for Kodi - Ander007 - 2020-11-17

(2020-10-27, 19:58)trihy Wrote: If you enable spotify connect on addon settings and open spotify on other device, kind of work. But still with many problems.

Does the github version differ from marcel repository? Seems newer.

Hi, on my Android device (nvidia shield pro) I have the same issue with Spotify, unable to launch Spotify appI got same error message : >> "Default browser should now be opened
And then another message > "You dont have an app to do this"
even I installed Web viewer plugin, no progress here.

I tried both Spotify 1.1.58 repo version: Venon / marcelveldt, but no progress.. Sad
Any idea please ?

RE: Spotify for Kodi - Jönke - 2020-11-18

Not working on Android i think

RE: Spotify for Kodi - Vodalex - 2020-11-30

Hello friends!
I have installed Spotify Plugin on CoreELEC 9.2.5 on Hardkernel N2+. It is working great except one issue. The sound is being played only stereo. If i play local files they play surround. On all speakers. Because the option Stereo Upmix activated. The sound device is ALSA: AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI Multi Ch PCM) Is there any chance to activate surround sound in this plugin? Sincerely yours, Alexander.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - Vodalex - 2020-11-30

(2020-11-30, 14:31)Vodalex Wrote: Hello friends!
I have installed Spotify Plugin on CoreELEC 9.2.5 on Hardkernel N2+. It is working great except one issue. The sound is being played only stereo. If i play local files they play surround. On all speakers. Because the option Stereo Upmix activated. The sound device is ALSA: AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI Multi Ch PCM) Is there any chance to activate surround sound in this plugin? Sincerely yours, Alexander.

Ok, it was my fault. I had to reslect 5.1 as output configuration in global settings and reenable stereo upmix. Problem solved. Sound plays on all 6 speakers now.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - ratte1313 - 2020-12-02

Hey guys, 

Addon is working perfectly except one little problem.
Whenever I skip a track or the next track plays after the last one I have to manually press play because it pauses at the beginning of the track.
I am using the Kodi Player and tried it on firetv and macOS and I also played around in the Kodi Player settings. 

Maybe someone got a solution?

Kind regards Smile

RE: Spotify for Kodi - DevinCook - 2020-12-15

Has anyone been able to install this lately?

From the Kodi log file I get:

ERROR: Requested path https://raw.githubusercontent.com/marcelveldt/repository.marcelveldt/master/plugin.audio.spotify/plugin.audio.spotify-1.1.58.zip not found in known repository directories

RE: Spotify for Kodi - DevinCook - 2020-12-15

Fixed the issue - Sorry

RE: Spotify for Kodi - coffee_nerd - 2020-12-16

Hi,

I installed the latest version of this addon and it works. Thanks for this! Music

There is one topic I do not understand. Is there any chance to add and listen to podcasts?
I've created some playlists with podcast episodes with my Spotify App on my mobile
and tried to access them with the Kodi addon. The playlists itself are available there,
but none of the podcast episodes. If I create playlists for songs or audiobooks it works with the addon.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - mikseymono - 2020-12-21

(2020-12-16, 09:09)coffee_nerd Wrote: Hi,

I installed the latest version of this addon and it works. Thanks for this! Music

There is one topic I do not understand. Is there any chance to add and listen to podcasts?
I've created some playlists with podcast episodes with my Spotify App on my mobile
and tried to access them with the Kodi addon. The playlists itself are available there,
but none of the podcast episodes. If I create playlists for songs or audiobooks it works with the addon.

I'm on Kodi 18.9 with the marcelveldt repo 1.1.58 (OSMC Vero 4k) and it does not work now. It did about six months ago..........can anyone out there help please?

Thanks,
M

RE: Spotify for Kodi - mikseymono - 2020-12-22

Anyone got any helpers on this please? It was working really well in the summer.........

TIA.

M

RE: Spotify for Kodi - mikseymono - 2020-12-23

(2020-12-22, 22:20)mikseymono Wrote: Anyone got any helpers on this please? It was working really well in the summer.........
Just to help, everything looks the same, I have all my playlists...it's just the sound......when you press play the TV goes "pop" and it looks like it's playing but there is no sound.........I have adjusted and changed all sorts of outputs but all the same.....

TIA.

M

RE: Spotify for Kodi - robgolbh - 2021-01-04

Hello good Morning!
I have rpi3 + kodi leia 18.9 - leia (libreElec).

what happens is that the music doesn't play until the end. it hangs at a certain time and moves to the next song in the playlist. is there anything that can be done?
Usually stops with 3 minutes.
hugs and congratulations for the project

RE: Spotify for Kodi - amos - 2021-01-10

Topic: Spotify Broken (for me) as of 8 Jan 2021 - Throws exception on install/bootup and asks you to visit website to authenticate with spotify (even if you have previously done so).

The recent CherryPi v12.0 update two days ago broke the Spotify addon for me (on an OSMC Pi). It now throws an exception (it affects SkipHelperService too, so you likely will see that error if you have it), and on selecting Spotify, it pushes you to login to a website (which doesn't work on osmc). Until this is fixed, I reinstalled CherryPy 11 for now and prevented updates; this enables me to go on using the spotify etc.

These (deliberately verbose) instructions are for confluence and work for now (so long as the cherrypy module at this location is not updated); in other skins things will be in different places.

Download:

https://github.com/kodi-community-addons/script.module.cherrypy/archive/master.zip

somewhere your kodi can see (on my Pi I donwloaded it and scp'ed it to my osmc home space) and then System: Add-ons -> Install from Zip. Then select this file and install.

Now System: System: Add-ons -> Manage dependencies. Find CherryPi. Check it says version 11*. Select and turn off autoupdates. (note the double depth System menu item on confluence here -> it is different menu from the Addons menu above).

Hopefully future fix updates will allow us to turn on autoupdates for CherryPi again. Once we tick do it to AutoUpdate, it will pick up the most recenct CherryPi version from the marcelveldt repository.

* (if not I would check the github repository has not been updated to v12, and if not delete all thing dependent on CherryPi, uninstall CherryPI, try again and then reinstall upstream apps, but this shouldn't be necessary)

Spotify for Kodi with CherryPy 12.0 is broken - mueb-hof - 2021-01-10

Since 2 days on my Rasperry PI OS the Spotify Plugin on Kodi doesn´t work anymore. The cherrypy kodi module 12.0 has a bug. It can´t load urllib.parse.
I think the reason is the difference between Python 2 and 3, but i can not fix it.

The new update "cherrypy 12.0" came 2 days ago. I searched the log and found the reason.

So i go backward to cherrypy 11.0.1 "script.module.cherrypy-11.0.1.zip" and disable the autoupdates. Now it works fine again.

Here are the log with module 12.0

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named parse
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/service.py", line 13, in <module>
                                                from main_service import MainService
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/main_service.py", line 14, in <module>
                                                from httpproxy import ProxyRunner
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/httpproxy.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                import cherrypy
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.cherrypy/lib/cherrypy/__init__.py", line 66, in <module>
                                                from ._cperror import (
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.cherrypy/lib/cherrypy/_cperror.py", line 123, in <module>
                                                import urllib.parse
                                            ImportError: No module named parse
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Tested on Raspberry PI OS with Kodi 18.7 and another one on Raspberry PI OS virtual with Kodi 17.6
The Addon was on both the same repository.marcelveldt-1.0.2.zip. 
It works with CherryPI 11.0.1 but not with 12.0

If you need more log, tell me.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - Angelinas - 2021-01-10

Fixed.on version 12.0.1 update your script.module.cherrypy from repo