Kodi Community Forum
Beta Spotify for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: Beta Spotify for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=265356)

RE: Spotify for Kodi - Arnaud400 - 2021-12-21

Hi all, I’m using Osmc with Kodi 19.3. I’m getting the usual message about wrong credentials when opening the app. I’ve updated the username and password in the settings but no luck. It seems that some people need to input a token either on a browser or through the app. Can someone help me on how I could get to that step. Nothing is happening on my Spotify app when I try to login and I do not have a browser installed on my osmc.

Thanks!

RE: Spotify for Kodi - Saxnot - 2022-01-26

(2021-12-21, 16:11)Arnaud400 Wrote: Hi all, I’m using Osmc with Kodi 19.3. I’m getting the usual message about wrong credentials when opening the app. I’ve updated the username and password in the settings but no luck. It seems that some people need to input a token either on a browser or through the app. Can someone help me on how I could get to that step. Nothing is happening on my Spotify app when I try to login and I do not have a browser installed on my osmc.

Thanks!
I had the same problem (LibreELEC 10.0.1, Kodi 19.3). For me it worked, after adding
0 :
  <cache>
    <buffermode>0</buffermode>
  </cache>
to the advancedsetting.xml (more info in the wiki)

RE: Spotify for Kodi - nanonint - 2022-01-26

Hi!
New to kodi. How do I install this Spotify Plugin for kodiHuh I really need it.
Thank you!

RE: Spotify for Kodi - nanonint - 2022-01-26

Ok, I managed to install Kodi Plugin from this https://github.com/ldsz/plugin.audio.spotify , and successfully logged in (thanks to @Saxnot ).
But I can't play any music. It gives me an error. How do I fix thisHuh
Please help me!!!

RE: Spotify for Kodi - abrej - 2022-01-29

Hi,

I am having the same problem, did you solve it ?

Thanks

RE: Spotify for Kodi - abrej - 2022-01-29

(2021-07-11, 08:11)lipown Wrote: Hi I am on latest Raspbian on RPI 4 4GB. Having Kodi 18.7, Spotify addon 1.1.58. 
When I play song via spottify connect from android mobile It will play either two songs and the second is stuck on android phone spotify on 00:00 duration while on Spotify addon the song is playing and the third one is not played at all. Or the plugin plays only first song while you see on android phone that the duration of the song is going over the end till the infinity.

I am having the same behaviour on RPI 4, did you solve it ?

Thanks

RE: Spotify for Kodi - jasf110110 - 2022-03-26

Hi, I had this problem with Kodi 19 on RPi4 with LibreElec, Basically I could log in and see my playlists, but trying to actually play anything brought up an error almost instantly (within half a second), saying "Check the error log for more details". I checked the Kodi log, no errors.

I tried the buffertype option in advanced settings XML file, but that didn't help for my situation.

Anyhow, I may have stumbled on an answer to this. I switched from Local Playback to Spotify Connect, and chose itself as the destination. That briefly allowed me to play music but if anyone else connected via Spotify Connect, it would play whatever they selected first, and ignored local and remote connections from that point on.
Then, after switching back to Local Playback (which is what it was on before I started messing with it), everything seems to be working. Maybe it's a problem with the default playback settings, and changing it out/changing it back has set some that are more valid, I'm not sure.

Let me know if this fixes anyone's problems.

Also, "Check the error log for more details", can anyone tell me where this is. I checked the settings menus View Logs option, but all I saw in there were information posts (eg, Spotify has been installed), no errors. I've also tried all the options and settings in there (and in the system logging settings menu), and can't get anything from addons to show up in there. I'm not even sure this is the log I'm supposed to be checking lol. If anyone could give me a quick pointer (rather than hijack this thread), I'd appreciate it.

Jas.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - tobias83 - 2022-04-18

Spotify Addon in Hotel-like Wlan - edit Player Mac?

Hallo Dear Addon Developers,

I have Kodi 17 on Libreelec Raspberry Pi4. The Addon works fine, if make a hotspot with my android phone within installed spotify android app. But if I want to use my Wlan, which is no private Wlan but hotel-like, the addon errors "no credientials". The Wlan needs a Voucher code entered by the browser.

How can I make the Kodi addon to remember that it was already activated? Can I restart the addon on the bash with some --options?
Can I edit the player mac somewhere in the settings? The standard command is:

/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/spotty/arm-linux/spotty-muslhf -c /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.spotify/ -b 320 --disable-discovery --lms localhost:52308/lms --player-mac None -n Kodi (LibreELEC)

Kind Regards,
Tobias

RE: Spotify for Kodi - AmbientBenji - 2022-05-14

No succes using this app after installing it on my Nvidia Shield TV 2019 (won't play music) or Windows 11 machine (crash after installing the addon). I made 2 issues on github:
https://github.com/ldsz/plugin.audio.spotify/issues/27
https://github.com/ldsz/plugin.audio.spotify/issues/26

RE: Spotify for Kodi - AmbientBenji - 2022-05-14

Did you get it to work? I installed it, but it won't play music. See my post above.

Love the addon though. On Kodi I can use it with Milkdrop (project M), Winamp feelings Music . Also you can sort by year, that's isn't possible with the official app! See also this post on Spotify: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Order-sort-albums-by-release-date-year/idc-p/4954954/highlight/true#M194761

RE: Spotify for Kodi - ray2301 - 2022-06-22

it's always a problem to setup this plugin. i've been using it since it first got out. i'm on windows 11 and kodi matrix now and it works for me now without problems. i don't think it would automatically if i installed it and logged in on another kodi setup.
those settings for cache in advancedsettings.xml are not going to help you when you can't play a song. they are good though if you have a problem with audio buffering issues. this plugin can sometimes skip to next/stop if the song is longer (like 8+ minutes) so this was the fix for it. but you guys can't get it to play at all.

trying to use spotify as a connect target and playing from kodi to spotify does not work well and it can only create problems when trying to log in after you've used it. use it to play directly on kodi.

i don't have any experience with other OS-es other than windows, but spotty.exe which is needed on windows for the plugin to function ("...\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.spotify\resources\lib\spotty\windows\...) can sometimes multiply even though there should be only one process of it active so watch for that in task manager. that causes it to restart and you cannot login or play or do anything else. in that "...\plugin.audio.spotify\resources\lib\spotty\" directory i see other spotty versions for other platforms. perhaps the same scenario can happen on any platform.

spotty.exe can also stay behind and not exit together with kodi since it's a separate process. when you open a new instance of kodi, it will create a new instance so that can duplicate it too.

then i fond a "singleinstance" autohotkey script that kills any duplicate instances of a process (in this case spotty.exe) but leaves the first one running and since that script is running - 0 problems. with or without the advancedsettings.
anyway, my tip after so many years of messing with this plugin is to look at the spotty process in your task managers if it's restarting or if there's more than one at a time.
there's nobody currently working to improve this plugin as i see and it's been a long time since it only jumps from one good person to another good person that adapts it so it would work and leaves it like that.
if it weren't spotify i would give up on it a long time ago.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - Kodependent - 2022-07-16

Been trying to get the addon to install on Kodi running on my Qnap HD Station. It installs and after putting in my login info, it says that I need to continue to authorize the app in Spotify and the default browser should be opened. HD Station doesn't work like that. Even with multitasking turned on and a chrome browser window open, it never opens up a webpage or anything and there is no way to authorize it. I click OK anyway and it just eventually times out to the main menu you get but I'm not logged in an have no access to my music.

I have this addon on installed on another install of Kodi on a Win10 laptop. It works fine there, but I was hoping to ditch the laptop and just use the qnap. This is like the one thing that I use often enough that would keep me from making the move.

I even tried copying the addon and addon settings from my working laptop install to the qnap but it didn't make a difference.

The main reason I like using this addon for Kodi is because it works great with the visualizer, otherwise I could just use the Spotify app ans switch between.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - kthxbye - 2022-08-22

Hi!
Im running kodi on amazon fire tv stick 4k (rooted) and when this addon opens browser and it says it is authorised, when I run spotify addon again it asks to open the auth link in the browser again. says success and goes back to requesting authorisation.
I dont have a premium yet, because I wanted to see if this addon works ok for me, otherwise Id rather not to pay for the premium just yet.
May be this happens because Im not a premium user? Or other reasons?
Any info would help, thanks!

RE: Spotify for Kodi - Tecko71 - 2022-09-19

spotify does not play any content on Leia. I am logged in and can browse any content but does not play music.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - Tecko71 - 2022-09-19

I can not play tracks localy on my shield device.... I got it working. I installed a remote kodi on windows. The shield kodi app need remote device I do not understand why.