Kodi Community Forum
Beta Spotify for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: Beta Spotify for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=265356)

RE: Spotify for Kodi - glk1001 - 2023-09-19

Hmm, the buffering was a clue but your log shows Kodi still using XCURL:: DllLibCurlGlobal instead of CFileCache. And the log shows the errors causing the problem are like:

error <general>: CCurlFile::CReadState::XFILE::CCurlFile::CReadState::FillBuffer - (0x240edc36620) Failed: Timeout was reached(28)

So there is something weird going on with XCURL:: DllLibCurlGlobal. I was also using Kodi portable on Windows 10 and with buffering = 1 it worked fine - no XCURL:: DllLibCurlGlobal.

I'm not sure how much work you want to put in (I'm keen to try and figure this out) but could you possibly start a new clean portable Kodi install and just have 'plugin.audio.spotify'
(v1.3.6 NOT v.1.3.6-experimental) as the only addon. If that works you could gradually add more addons seeing if any of them cause problems.

And could you add some curl logging - under 'Enable component-specific logging/ - Specify component-specific logging...' select 'Verbose logging for the libcURL library'.

Thanks

RE: Spotify for Kodi - tehax - 2023-09-19

Hey, thank you. No its not a problem for me. The good thing for portable mode is the fast easy way to do it. So, here my log from fresh install with the needed things in PCF.
You should also add a message to resart Kodi after typing the credentals and then after modifying the PCF. log

RE: Spotify for Kodi - glk1001 - 2023-09-20

Hi,

I think I've figured out the problem. I can reproduce it on Windows and linux using the buffermode setting.

The main problem is that in non-buffered mode Kodi tries to open the Spotify streams multiple times (presumably to
get the stream's metadata first up) which makes for some tricky coding to cater for this. Interestingly, the original
author of the Spotify Kodi plugin, marcelveldt, mentions this Kodi problem for another project he's working on
(https://github.com/music-assistant/hass-music-assistant/issues/358).

And this was catered for in the ldsz version of the plugin (1.3.0) but when I did the code simplfying and cleanup I removed
the complicated code that handled multiple opens. Because I was happily using buffered streaming nothing went wrong when I
tested my changes.

I'm not at all sure why Kodi has this strange non-buffered multiple open code. I can't see why it should be different from
opening streams in buffered mode.

Also, I find the buffered mode much faster to load streams than the non-buffered mode. I mention this because I think your
Kodi setup is using non-buffered mode although I'm not 100% sure.

Anyway, I've put the fixes in an updated v1.3.6 and removed the experimental version. Can you let me know if it's fixed for you?

Thanks.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - tehax - 2023-09-20

Hi, with new v1.3.6 i don´t really notice improvements but the good thing is that the music title plays to the end. With the fact of the multi opening streams it seems you are on the right path imho. Log

RE: Spotify for Kodi - glk1001 - 2023-09-20

Playing to the end is good. And the code is much cleaner I think. I'll be interested how it goes with all your other addons.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - kicker - 2023-09-22

Hi and thanks for your work on the plugin, really appreciated.
I just wanted to ask if you have any plans to bring back the "headless connect" server feature.
The use-case I am looking for is running the plugin on a vero4k player and controlling it using a phone, as a "spotify speaker". Trying to rung just spotty binary as suggested in librespot readme does not seem to work (the client is visible on the phone, seems to start playing, but no sound comes out). I see in the code you made quite a big changes in the way audio stream is handled, so I think this would have to be done also differently, but my understanding of the code is very limited :-).

RE: Spotify for Kodi - glk1001 - 2023-09-25

Hi,

Yes, I made big changes to simplify the code including taking out the headless connect code (which was tagged as experimental by the way).

I might be able to look at putting it back without complicating the existing code, although I had trouble understanding it as well.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - kicker - 2023-09-26

Sounds great, thanks for the heads up. I'll try finding some time to look into the code myself, but I am sure you will finish it sooner than I will be able to find my way around :-).
Again, thanks for your time on this plugin.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - kthxbye - 2023-09-30

is this not working on nexus? where is the "latest" spotify plugin hosted? trying to find options for playing back spotify inside kodi... seems like a rare beast

I found https://github.com/glk1001/plugin.audio.spotify
Installed 1.3.6 (I believe this one is the latest)
But it keeps 'login failed' erroring...
Im 100% sure I entered my username + password right...
Im running kodi nexus on rooted amazon fire tv stick 4K

RE: Spotify for Kodi - wags1 - 2023-09-30

@kthxbye Is your FireTV device actually "rooted" or do you just have developer options enabled thru the menu system? Those are two entirely different things.

it is hardware rooted (I had to short some pins for that some years ago)
Im not sure how critical if its rooted or not, but decided to mention just in case

(2023-09-30, 14:57)wags1 Wrote: @kthxbye Is your FireTV device actually "rooted" or do you just have developer options enabled thru the menu system? Those are two entirely different things.

@kthxbye Thanks for the clarification. You would be surprised how often the term “root” is misused…😉

As to your question, I didn’t even think this addon was compatible with Android. Was a new version released for Android?

@kthxbye If you scroll back a few pages in this thread you will see that the issue you are running into is indeed because this addon is not yet supported on Android, only Windows and Linux.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - kthxbye - 2023-10-01

got it, thanks!
big pity