Kodi Community Forum
Beta Spotify for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: Beta Spotify for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=265356)

RE: Spotify for Kodi - txprog - 2016-08-05

There is a way to get authenticated without a webbrowser installed on the computer. (My case: i'm using Vera 2, and don't have kodi installed on another computer.).
The idea is to get the url called by the webbrowser, and use SSH port redirection to play the authentication process through it.

1. ssh to the device from your current OS (works by default on OSX and Linux):
    Code:
    ssh -L 52308:127.0.0.1:52308 IP_TO_YOUR_DEVICE

2. on the device with Kodi, create a "fake" firefox script (sudo nano /usr/bin/firefox) with the content:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    echo "$@" >> /tmp/ff

3. make it executable:
    Code:
    sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/firefox

4. in Kodi, go on Music > Addons > Spotify. It will try to connect and wait the authentification.

5. during the connection, look at the file in /tmp/ff, you'll see an url like
    Code:
    https://accounts.spotify.com/authorize?scope=playlist-mo.....

6. copy/paste the url into your webbrowser on your computer

7. after accepting the authorization, the redirect failed for me. In the url, replace localhost with 127.0.0.1, press enter

8. "You can now close this browser window.". You're done!

RE: Spotify for Kodi - kavuraki - 2016-08-06

While I am saving firefox file getting this error:

Code:
Error writing /usr/bin/firefox: Read-only file

How can I get writing permission? Libreelec 7.02 (Odroid C2)

RE: Spotify for Kodi - burns7272 - 2016-08-09

Hi. I need a little help. I need a little more detail on how to install spotify an android box like which repository is it in? I'm not the most advanced Kodi user so I'm completely lost lol. I love using my Spotify account on my phone and would be great on my Kodi. A step by step would be great if you have time. Thank you for your help Smile

RE: Spotify for Kodi - newphreak - 2016-08-10

http://sprunge.us/MaWQ

What's going on with spotify? Suddenly it refuses to play songs

RE: Spotify for Kodi - loggio - 2016-08-10

You're getting the same error as everyone else is posting about.

Not working on current krypton builds. Hasn't been working for me for a long time now.
Might have something to do with this error

ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file

It's the same thing I see in all the debug logs.

We'll have to wait for marcelveldt to respond, he hasn't been very active lately.

I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

I find it really strange though, if you delete your addons.db file from kodi (backup first) reboot and then enable the spotify addon only, it'll work.
As soon as you enable other addons it stops working again.

It'll also work if you select "play using - video player" but it's incredibly slow at loading and crashes when trying to stop or skip a song.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - oledb0815 - 2016-08-10

(2016-03-21, 23:35)marcelveldt Wrote: Currently supported platforms:

Windows 32+64 bits
iOS
Android ARM-based (not aarch64 like nvidia shiield!)
Linux x86/x64/arm/arm64
OSX

So, no support for arm64 or x86 on Android, sorry!
If someone is interested in compiling libspotify for these platforms, let me know.

Thanks to @mazkolain for the libspotify python implementation!

Thanks for testing and enjoy the spotify experience on Kodi

yes, it would be great if you can compile libspotify for odroid c2. Because I just changed to it but my favorite app dosn't work on that platform ;-(
What to do?

Thanks,
Olli

RE: Spotify for Kodi - User 224999 - 2016-08-11

(2016-08-10, 21:57)loggio Wrote: You're getting the same error as everyone else is posting about.

Not working on current krypton builds. Hasn't been working for me for a long time now.
Might have something to do with this error

ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file

It's the same thing I see in all the debug logs.

We'll have to wait for marcelveldt to respond, he hasn't been very active lately.

I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

I find it really strange though, if you delete your addons.db file from kodi (backup first) reboot and then enable the spotify addon only, it'll work.
As soon as you enable other addons it stops working again.

It'll also work if you select "play using - video player" but it's incredibly slow at loading and crashes when trying to stop or skip a song.

Like I said before: KRYPTON IS NOT SUPPORTED!

There was a change in recent Krypton build that causes the spotify stream to fail, it did work once with a small fix but that fix is also broken again. I have to wait for the Kodi devs to reply to my call for help.

In the meanwhile just use Jarvis as your daily driver, Krypton is at alpha stage atm

RE: Spotify for Kodi - Jönke - 2016-08-11

Works on rpi with Libreelec and krypton Smile

(2016-08-11, 17:37)Jönke Wrote: Works on rpi with Libreelec and krypton Smile

Hmm, that is interesting... On my Windows machine it's failing.
Did you do anything special ? Or does it just work out of the box on libreelec (except for the authenticaion workaround) ?

No nothing special, just work out of the box on libreelec (except for the authenticaion workaround)

RE: Spotify for Kodi - loggio - 2016-08-11

(2016-08-11, 21:09)Jönke Wrote: No nothing special, just work out of the box on libreelec (except for the authenticaion workaround)

Is this a fresh install? And have you installed any other skins/addons etc?

(2016-08-11, 21:09)Jönke Wrote: No nothing special, just work out of the box on libreelec (except for the authenticaion workaround)

Is it a recent krypton build? E.g. Alpha 3 ?

No , not fresh , updated a couple of days ago. Beta 1

(2016-08-11, 23:18)Jönke Wrote: No , not fresh , updated a couple of days ago. Beta 1
Milhouse nightly builds ?

(2016-08-11, 23:18)Jönke Wrote: No , not fresh , updated a couple of days ago. Beta 1

Can you do me a favour and navigate to /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database backup and remove all addon .db files

Reboot, re-enable spotify and test... This should work.
After that, go through and re enable your addons 1 by 1 testing spotify after each to see if it still works.
Install some skins too, Eminence, Titan etc...
After all said and done you can just restore your old .db files