Kodi Community Forum
Beta Spotify for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: Beta Spotify for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=265356)

RE: Spotify for Kodi - foxstefano - 2016-10-26

(2016-10-26, 20:02)sibu Wrote: First of all, thank you marcelveldt for developing this addon - it's great.

However it's not playing any tracks in my current Kodi installation (Kodi 17.0-BETA4 Git:20161024, Ubuntu 16.04).
Here's my logfile: https://paste.ubuntu.com/23384645/

Any help is greatly appreciated!

At now you can only reverse to Kodi 16.1, the addon currently doesn't work in Kodi 17 betas

RE: Spotify for Kodi - sibu - 2016-10-26

Oh, thats sad...
Do you know when a fix will be released? I want to use Kodi 17, for Intel VAAPI, the new skin and a few other things.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - foxstefano - 2016-10-27

I don't know, I'm not a developer, but Kodi 17 is still in beta, anything could happen day by day

RE: Spotify for Kodi - FernetMenta - 2016-10-29

I would like to investigate but I don't even get to the point where something goes wrong in Kodi. On OSX the addon crashes as soon as I click on it.

Spotify for Kodi - mrpg - 2016-10-29

(2016-10-29, 09:22)FernetMenta Wrote: I would like to investigate but I don't even get to the point where something goes wrong in Kodi. On OSX the addon crashes as soon as I click on it.

Vm linux/windows box? So thankful you want to help! Desperately want this plugin to work again

Sent from my iPhone

RE: Spotify for Kodi - markusloffler - 2016-10-29

(2016-10-29, 09:22)FernetMenta Wrote: I would like to investigate but I don't even get to the point where something goes wrong in Kodi. On OSX the addon crashes as soon as I click on it.
It crashed for me to at some point I remember, but I just restarted it and it was ok. One thing is that a web browser should open where you allow the addon to access Spotify. On my Mac for some reason it opened Chrome. Does a web browser open for you? Maybe installing Chrome helps?
Regards,
Markus

RE: Spotify for Kodi - ray2301 - 2016-10-29

(2016-10-29, 14:16)markusloffler Wrote:
It crashed for me to at some point I remember, but I just restarted it and it was ok. One thing is that a web browser should open where you allow the addon to access Spotify. On my Mac for some reason it opened Chrome. Does a web browser open for you? Maybe installing Chrome helps?
Regards,
Markus
regarding that, it opens in chrome for me too on windows even though firefox is the default browser so you might be right. just wanted to pich that in.

Sent from my SM-G925F

RE: Spotify for Kodi - benji791 - 2016-10-29

(2016-10-10, 19:51)benji791 Wrote:
(2016-05-18, 20:06)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-05-18, 16:44)benji791 Wrote: Yes when I'm listening to music I like the full screen display of kodi with slideshow of artists. It works well. The only facility I'm missing is a shortcut to save to my spotify music. I think a keyboard shortcut would be convenient. But yes I'm not 100% sure it is feasable.

Well, to have it as a button in the skin will require skin modifications but a keyboard shortcut will do.
I'll create something for this, I'll let you know once it's available to test.

EDIT: New version will be available on the repo within an hour. With that new version just create a shortcut / keyboard shortcut to this command:

RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/?action=add_track_to_playlist)
hello,

I completely forgot to test this. My bad.
I did this right now and it works wonderfully.
But I just realized it was not exactly what I was hoping for.
In fact I wish to save to my music and not to add to a playlist.
So I tried to replace RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/?action=add_track_to_playlist) by RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/?action=save_track) and it unfortunately doesn't work. Would you please publish this in the accessible methods.

Thanks in advance
Hello, one small up for this

Envoyé de mon SM-A510F en utilisant Tapatalk

RE: Spotify for Kodi - sibu - 2016-10-31

(2016-10-26, 20:02)sibu Wrote: First of all, thank you marcelveldt for developing this addon - it's great.

However it's not playing any tracks in my current Kodi installation (Kodi 17.0-BETA4 Git:20161024, Ubuntu 16.04).
Here's my logfile: https://paste.ubuntu.com/23384645/

Any help is greatly appreciated!

@FernetMenta do you find anything in my log? Thank you for your help!

RE: Spotify for Kodi - mplove - 2016-11-05

(2016-10-15, 14:27)CaBrA Wrote: Finally we can have native Kodi interface with Spotify Big Grin

Thanks

Can you explain for a noob how can i use this script?

Thanks.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - sebastianda - 2016-11-05

Hi,

I'm on Beelink mini MXIII with Libreelec, I have installed Spotify addon, copied the files from my PC with Kodi and addon working and I can manage to start Spotify on my box, but songs are playing only 30 seconds. Any idea how to fix it?

RE: Spotify for Kodi - hexapterygon - 2016-11-09

Posting because I don't want to see another Spotify add-on die!

I have this add-on running in OSMC on my Raspberry Pi 1 (with a pretty sub-optimal internet connection at that). It works really well and plays just like local media (i.e. song transitions are smooth, it works with music visualizations). Delay/lag while navigating is actually really good considering most add-ons suffer pretty heavily on my setup.

For posterity's sake, here is what I'm working with:

Raspberry Pi 1
OSMC
Kodi 16.1 - RC3
Had to copy the cache files from a Windows machine (my Mac on El Capitan was getting the ASCII error mentioned in other places on this thread)

For copying the cache files, I put the entire "plugin.audio.spotify" directory onto a flash drive, put it in my Pi, and used SSH to move it to the correct directory in OSMC. I then installed the Spotify add-on from the repository and it works great!

Thanks again for making this! Spotify was kind of the deal breaker for my Kodi based Pi, HTPC setup lol

RE: Spotify for Kodi - foxstefano - 2016-11-09

^ If the addon won't work in the final release of Kodi 17, it will die like the others...

RE: Spotify for Kodi - ray2301 - 2016-11-09

(2016-11-09, 20:32)foxstefano Wrote: ^ If the addon won't work in the final release of Kodi 17, it will die like the others...
and it should if no one else is interested in developing it. this is such an essential add-on for kodi. i actually went to apple music from spotify, but after setting-up kodi as my media center, and in the lack of itunes addons that would support apple music, i ended up buying a spotify family account together with my apple music account because kodi actually doesn't need anything else for music if you have spotify integrated in it. it's just a great synergy with kodi. now i'm back to kodi 16.1 from v17 nightlies. some things are better with 17, but 16 still has most support. so i'm just staying with 16 untill it stops working and i cancel my spotify membership again and go back to itunes to kodi airplay streaming. i'm actually sorry i am not able to help developing this plugin and helping the author to make it work and be better. that is a shame.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - marv_el - 2016-11-09

(2016-11-09, 20:49)ray2301 Wrote:
(2016-11-09, 20:32)foxstefano Wrote: ^ If the addon won't work in the final release of Kodi 17, it will die like the others...
and it should if no one else is interested in developing it. this is such an essential add-on for kodi. i actually went to apple music from spotify, but after setting-up kodi as my media center, and in the lack of itunes addons that would support apple music, i ended up buying a spotify family account together with my apple music account because kodi actually doesn't need anything else for music if you have spotify integrated in it. it's just a great synergy with kodi. now i'm back to kodi 16.1 from v17 nightlies. some things are better with 17, but 16 still has most support. so i'm just staying with 16 untill it stops working and i cancel my spotify membership again and go back to itunes to kodi airplay streaming. i'm actually sorry i am not able to help developing this plugin and helping the author to make it work and be better. that is a shame.

at least you can using airplay to play spotify on kodi with v17. that's how i use it for now.