Kodi Community Forum
Beta Spotify for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: Beta Spotify for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=265356)

RE: Spotify for Kodi - darkdays - 2016-04-22

Just tried installing it on two OpenELEC boxes (6.0.3 & 6.95.2). No luck on either, both timed out. Then I tried launching chromium once through the OE interface and after that chromium launched when starting the addon and everything worked fine. Might help anyone having the same troubles. Guess chromium doesn't launch cleanly on first launch and/or something goes wierd..

I've been using Spotimc the last couple of years (still working here), tried Spotlight and before those were availiable I used to compile the old SpotyXBMC but more features and native UI in a addon is like a dream come true. So far everything seems to be working 100%. Great work and much appreciated, you should get a donations page. Good Spotify-support in Kodi is what makes my media centers come pretty close to perfection.

A couple of (hopefully constructive) questions/thoughts;

How is caching handled?
Can't see any setting for max cache size. Normally it's not something I worry about, but I just spent last night purging the /storage partition of one of my OE boxes from gigabyte after gigabyte of old thumbnail caches and plugin caches, that had been building up since early 2013 and had eventually managed to fill the storage partition to the point that I couldn't upload the latest update to it yesterday. So until I forget that tedious experience, I'm weary of bad/non-existent cache management Wink

Is the loading of playlists, songs , albums, etc. something that could be handled faster?
15 seconds to get inside the playlist folder, every time, is rather annoying. Entering a really large playlist (~900 songs) also takes quite a while. Could caching the entire tree, read ahead or some other clever wizardry be possible or is it entirely in the hands of Spotify?

Could one get rid of paging?
When browsing playlists I get paging. When I browse my songs I get paging. Luckily browsing a large playlist I don't get it, paging through 1000+ songs is a real pain. Could you make paging optional?

Inbox gone?
Can't see my inbox anywhere. In Spotimc it's listed among the playlists.

Illogical back button behaviour in some contexts
When browsing an album, context clicking and doing a search on artist top tracks pressing back on the result land me back on the Kodi main menu rather than back to the previous screen. I have a feeling that this might be a skinning/kodi issue in conjunction with the addon, so not sure this actually have anything to do with your addon except that it is the only place I encounter it.

Super large context menus
When I right click an album I get a context menu with 17 items, filling my 50 inch plasma from top to bottom. If one adds one or two more options I guess I'll find out whether my skin deals with that situation. I guess this might be another addon vs. skin issue, but it looks quite daunting.

Ps. Spotify Connect would of course be another dream come true, as has been mentioned earlier in the thread. I haven't followed Spotify on that issue lately but when I did it wasn't in the API yet and there weren't any confirmed plans of adding it either. Ds.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - angelflames1337 - 2016-04-22

Hi, I just installed this addon on my OSMC Raspberry Pi, and try to login using facebook ID. It just stop and ask me to check the log. May I know how to extract the log?

RE: Spotify for Kodi - User 224999 - 2016-04-22

(2016-04-20, 19:48)BoxFreak Wrote: Working quite nice. Just slow sometimes when browsing or searching.

Is it possible to implement "Artist radio"?

1) I have not yet implemented any caching. All browsing is doen real time so completely depending on your internet connection speeds.
I will go ahead and implement some caching next week.

2) I don't know if artist radio is already available in the new API, once it's there I will add it in the addon.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - User 224999 - 2016-04-22

(2016-04-21, 18:37)Purge Wrote: Username with åäö dont work Sad

I am using Libreelec .
Is there a workaround ? Because i can´t change my username in spotify.

Can you provide me the EXACT error message you're getting ?
Also the kodi logfile would be great, doesn't have to be a debug log, a normal one will do just fine.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - Siriusbizzy - 2016-04-24

Hoi Marcel Wink

Can't get the app to work on my Pi3-OpenElec Kodi, could you check the log and tell me what the problem is?
Installing is no problem, but after entering L/P there appears to be a time-out of sorts but I cannot make heads tails out of it.

Debug Log

RE: Spotify for Kodi - Jönke - 2016-04-25

Read first page
"There has to be a webbrowser installed on your system for the first authentication dialog"

There is a small workaround to try if you have another client which actually does have a browser:
1. install the spotify client on a pc with a browser
2. open the spotify client and accept the authentication request in the browser.
3. now, on the filesystem navigate to kodi userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify and copy the cache file to the same location on your pi

RE: Spotify for Kodi - angelflames1337 - 2016-04-25

(2016-04-25, 06:09)Jönke Wrote: Read first page
"There has to be a webbrowser installed on your system for the first authentication dialog"

There is a small workaround to try if you have another client which actually does have a browser:
1. install the spotify client on a pc with a browser
2. open the spotify client and accept the authentication request in the browser.
3. now, on the filesystem navigate to kodi userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify and copy the cache file to the same location on your pi

I tried this. But when I open my C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\userdata in my PC where my Spotify Kodi is running fine, the only files in there is RssFeeds.xml, no other files.

Edit: OK I figured this out, the folder was a wrong one. Now that I copied the myname.cache file to my Pi OSMC Kodi folder, the Spotify open up. But now it wont play from the start, and each songs only lasts 30 seconds before switching to other songs.
Edit2: I also got "Login error: Platform not supported for playback, continuing without playback support." when launching Spotify Kodi.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - Purge - 2016-04-26

ok

here is the error log :

http://paste.ofcode.org/cxBLH4W32SmWvuMeCywj8n

RE: Spotify for Kodi - sjobbels - 2016-04-27

Wow what a great addon @marcel!! Finally a mymusic section for a spotify addon.
I have one request with the spotlight addon I could use the context menu to add for example my playlists to favourite and use this in the aeon mq skin as a menu item. But I can't open the context menu with this addon.

Keep on the good work!!

RE: Spotify for Kodi - perro6969 - 2016-04-27

working great on raspberry pi 3 with openelec.
Thanks!

RE: Spotify for Kodi - agsnowdon - 2016-04-29

Has anyone got this working on a fire tv 2 box? / Are you expecting it to work on it?

I managed to authorise via Firefox but now get "login error:"

Was I supposed to get a pin when I authorised it?

RE: Spotify for Kodi - User 224999 - 2016-04-30

(2016-04-26, 14:43)Purge Wrote: here is the error log :

It's hard for me to test (as I don't have a username with special characters) but I think i just fixed it.
Will upload a new version later today

(2016-04-29, 18:44)agsnowdon Wrote: Has anyone got this working on a fire tv 2 box? / Are you expecting it to work on it?

I managed to authorise via Firefox but now get "login error:"

Was I supposed to get a pin when I authorised it?

It should work altough I never tested it.
What error do you get? Can you maybe share your kodi log ?

(2016-04-24, 23:36)Siriusbizzy Wrote: Can't get the app to work on my Pi3-OpenElec Kodi, could you check the log and tell me what the problem is?
Installing is no problem, but after entering L/P there appears to be a time-out of sorts but I cannot make heads tails out of it.

I just fixed the error. I'll provide a new version later today

I started working on the caching, which will also remove the need for paging.
I think I can have a new beta version up tomorrow or mmonday.