Kodi Community Forum
Beta Spotify for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: Beta Spotify for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=265356)

RE: Spotify for Kodi - foxstefano - 2017-11-18

I agree, but I don't know what you mean for "immediately": on Windows (64 bit) this addon became useless in july...
And I'm happy it works on libreelec, but as I said in my post I'm looking for something working on Windows.
Marcevedt has all the rights to be busy of course: I just said that I hope that someone could go on with his work, cause I would like to use Spotify in Kodi too, like I did until july.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - jurialmunkey - 2017-11-18

(2017-11-18, 05:37)foxstefano Wrote: I agree, but I don't know what you mean for "immediately": on Windows (64 bit) this addon became useless in july...
And I'm happy it works on libreelec, but as I said in my post I'm looking for something working on Windows.
Marcevedt has all the rights to be busy of course: I just said that I hope that someone could go on with his work, cause I would like to use Spotify in Kodi too, like I did until july.

There were posts in late September that were trying to address the windows issues. Because a single dev hasn't found a solution to a platform specific issue in 2 months is hardly evidence that the addon has been abandoned, particularly when other updates are happening.

Also if there was a previous version that worked then why don't you just reinstall that version instead. There is no rule that you have to use the most recent version of an addon.

There are old zip versions available in the repository directory. I assume the windows issue is why the old 1.0.26 version is in here:
https://github.com/marcelveldt/repository.marcelveldt/tree/master/plugin.audio.spotify

RE: Spotify for Kodi - jays - 2017-11-18

I installed the spotify addon today from the zip repository linked in the first post. Within 30 minutes of entering my spotify credentials via the addon in Kodi I got 2 emails from Facebook saying someone was trying unsuccessfully to log into my account, which uses the same email address as Spotify but a different password. Considering using the addon was the only thing I've done online today I'm very suspicious of the timing. I've since uninstalled it and changed my Spotify password.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - Camella - 2017-11-20

Having trouble with YouTube on Kodi 17 I downgraded to generic LibreElec with kodi 16.1
I tried this spotify add-on but it didn't let me login in using Yatse to enter the password
As far as I know all language settings are set to US English

After a lot of tries I got frustrated and gave up
A few days later I tried it again using the remote control and osk and it worked right away
Spotify connect works surprisingly well, very happy with it.

LibreSpot on Kodi 17 (libeelec) allowed me to scroll through the song using my phone but I don't care about that

Great work Marcel, thanks for your add-on

Edit
I'm not very lucky with my generic build

It starts really well but then after a few songs it starts repeating a bit of the previous song
So song 1 plays through and then you get 3 seconds of song 1 before it goes to song 2
After a few songs it starts repeating complete songs

RE: Spotify for Kodi - ray2301 - 2017-11-20

i've been using this plugin since it came to be.

i can only say the version 1.0.26 does nothing on windows x64 for me (kodi 17.5 32-bit) as it won't work correctly so it only plays 30-second clips.

going back to newer (recent) versions, I always get a problem already described here - after a few songs, music stops playing and kodi hangs OR music stops playing several seconds (10 or more) before end and won't skip to the next song OR music skips to the next song before the previous song was finished (because the song played before hangs on the last X seconds).

version 1.1.34 just works for me. no problems other than: when playing from another device directly to kodi via spotify connect, things hang sometimes but playing directly from kodi never gives me a problem except if i skip the song sometimes (than it could hang depending on "when" you skip).

i still love this addon and for me it's not dead. it works just fine on my configuration.
and yeah, no one tried to steal my facebook password or my spotify password, at least not while i was using this plugin Smile

RE: Spotify for Kodi - jannk - 2017-11-23

Hi - can i use this addon for openelec which is not connected to any screen (monitor or tv), but directly to an amplifier (via HDMI). I control this openelec by mobile phone - it works just fine for listening music from my NAS, but I'd like to do the same for Spotify. 
(I assume premium subscription)

thanks!

Spotify for Kodi - katwax - 2017-11-23

Yes it should work. If I want to play spotify via my Libreelec I also only use my phone.
Start the Libreelec box and then use spotify app on my phone to play trough my box.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

ah - so it's enough to have this addon installed and librelec box appears as another device on my mobile Spotify client? That would be nice.

Spotify for Kodi - katwax - 2017-11-23

Yes that's how I do it. Sometimes it plays a song 2 times, like you have it on repeat, bit then you can just do next song in spotify app.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

cool, thanks - i'll give it a try

RE: Spotify for Kodi - 44bigs - 2017-11-24

Thanks marcelveldt for creating this awesome plugin. Getting Spotify Connect on LibreELEC has been a challenge for many but you've made it so easy! Do you accept donations anywhere? Found it.. beers are coming your way!

RE: Spotify for Kodi - jannk - 2017-11-26

(2017-11-23, 17:41)katwax Wrote: Yes that's how I do it. Sometimes it plays a song 2 times, like you have it on repeat, bit then you can just do next song in spotify app.

Hm .. does it really work this way for you or for anyone else?? I installed Spotify addon, I was able to log in, browse and play music (good work!), but I can't control it from my phone or computer - kodi simply doesn't show up among available devices, I still only have 2 (phone and computer). I however can see kodi addon among authorized apps in spotify + when I play a music from phone, it stops music from kodi and vice versa.

RE: Spotify for Kodi - katwax - 2017-11-26

I just tried it and for me the Kodi box shows up in devices.
Select it and after 2 seconds the music starts playing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

RE: Spotify for Kodi - sualfred - 2017-11-27

Is it just me or is the viewtype override option broken? Even if I set the correct ID in the settings, every lists is going to be shown in the list view by default.

Edit:
Broken. Found the issue. Will create a PR.

Edit2:
https://github.com/marcelveldt/plugin.audio.spotify/pull/60

RE: Spotify for Kodi - jurialmunkey - 2017-12-01

@marcelveldt - Last few days I've been having trouble browsing content. It will look like the content is loading but then show an empty container. If I go back and re-open the folder a few times, eventually the plugin will show the content. Happens in all folders/sections of the plugin. I get a 404 error in the log whenever the content doesn't load. However, if I can get it to load, songs will still play completely fine. Not sure if it is a problem on my end or on the spotify web api end (though I couldn't see anything in their changelog and the web player seems to work fine). Pretty sure it started happening before the most recent plugin update.

This is the error I keep getting:
Code:
07:02:23.246 T:140509092513536   ERROR: Unable to find plugin
07:02:23.246 T:140511766972544   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://
07:02:23.246 T:140511766972544   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://) failed
07:02:33.187 T:140508362123008 WARNING: plugin.audio.spotify --> Exception in plugin_content ! --> http status: 404, code:-1 - https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/:
                                             error

Let me know if you need anything else.

EDIT: Seems to have resolved itself. Must've been some issue on the Spotify Web API end.