Kodi Community Forum
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) (/showthread.php?tid=265888)

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - gorgone - 2016-11-06

with kodi 17 latest beta is vu+ duo2 (enigma2) streaming fixed
but i have some rebuffering is it possible to add network buffer 1-5 s ?

tested with dreambox Player buffer 1s all ok with streaming !!!!

i have gigabit cable .... no clue why kodi needs to rebuffer and dream Player not ....

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - KILLERNADS - 2016-11-06

Hey guys,

I'm possibly on the market for a new kodi box.

Already have the nvidia shield which plays 2d content perfectly. However, I'm looking at something reliable for 3D blue ray ISO files.

In my research and people's suggestions I've come across getting either the HiMedia Q5 or the Zidoo X9s.

All fingers seem to point to getting the Zidoo box, it seems more reliable and also cheaper.

But I wanted to know from you guys if there's any reason as to why I would want to get this HiMedia box instead?

Anything better in this box that would benefit me more?

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - aelfwine - 2016-11-08

As you can tell from the first post: the Q5 has problems with 3D bluray iso/mvc files. I don't know about zidoo.

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - looun - 2016-11-08

(2016-11-08, 02:44)aelfwine Wrote: As you can tell from the first post: the Q5 has problems with 3D bluray iso/mvc files. I don't know about zidoo.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=265888&pid=2441174#pid2441174

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - KILLERNADS - 2016-11-08

(2016-11-08, 02:44)aelfwine Wrote: As you can tell from the first post: the Q5 has problems with 3D bluray iso/mvc files. I don't know about zidoo.

Oh right thanks for letting me know that!! I'm assuming that's the same for q10 as well?

I haven't heard any problems with 3D ISO files on the Zidoo so maybe I should just go for that one then.

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - ppoulos - 2016-11-08

(2016-11-08, 10:40)KILLERNADS Wrote: Oh right thanks for letting me know that!! I'm assuming that's the same for q10 as well?

I haven't heard any problems with 3D ISO files on the Zidoo so maybe I should just go for that one then.

I know this is off topic, but...

The Q10 Pro is currently much more stable with a more mature firmware and has better playback than the Zidoo X9S in its current iteration. Except for the micro stutters still present with 3D ISO files, most everything plays back fine on the Q10 pro.

On the other hand the Zidoo X9S is still in its infancy - that is they are still beta testing the firmware. Playback is very erratic, especially with high bit rate sources, and especially with 3D or Dolby Atmos soundtracks added to the mix. Supposedly the picture quality is better, but if you plan to watch lossless blu-ray rips you will be disappointed with the large amount of video stuttering and hangups occurring with the Zidoo. It may be months, if at all, before future firmware updates can solve most of the problems.

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - KILLERNADS - 2016-11-08

(2016-11-08, 12:29)ppoulos Wrote:
(2016-11-08, 10:40)KILLERNADS Wrote: Oh right thanks for letting me know that!! I'm assuming that's the same for q10 as well?

I know this is off topic, but...

The Q10 Pro is currently much more stable with a more mature firmware and has better playback than the Zidoo X9S in its current iteration. Except for the micro stutters still present with 3D ISO files, most everything plays back fine on the Q10 pro.

On the other hand the Zidoo X9S is still in its infancy - that is they are still beta testing the firmware. Playback is very erratic, especially with high bit rate sources, and especially with 3D or Dolby Atmos soundtracks added to the mix. Supposedly the picture quality is better, but if you plan to watch lossless blu-ray rips you will be disappointed with the large amount of video stuttering and hangups occurring with the Zidoo. It may be months, if at all, before future firmware updates can solve most of the problems.

I'm not sure how accurate your description is. Everything that I've read points to the opposite. 3D ISO files are my biggest priority, I already have the nvidia shield to playback everything 2d perfectly fine. However, maybe I will replace this with an all in one box that plays everything fine. The Zidoo seems to point to that device. I think it's the only device that can play 3D ISO files in a good way.

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - hdmkv - 2016-11-08

At this point, I'd recommend Zidoo over HiMedia. For 3D ISO's definitely, and anything up to 1080p. What needs attention on Zidoo is 4K, for all variations of color space/deep color and FPS matching videos. But, I agree that 4K (on present Android 5 f/w) is slightly better than Zidoo, but Zidoo is catching up quickly.

The 3D microstutters issues on HiMedia isn't bad, and some may never notice the issue. But, if you do, you can't un-notice again, and you'll probably see 4-6 hiccups in a 2-hour movie. HiMedia will probably (hopefully) fix this issue as it's the most glaring one, but as it requires a fix from SoC-manufacturer HiSilicon and a new SDK, it will likely take several months (just a guess).

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - ceaca - 2016-11-08

(2016-11-08, 15:29)hdmkv Wrote: The 3D microstutters issues on HiMedia isn't bad, and some may never notice the issue. But, if you do, you can't un-notice again, and you'll probably see 4-6 hiccups in a 2-hour movie. HiMedia will probably (hopefully) fix this issue as it's the most glaring one, but as it requires a fix from SoC-manufacturer HiSilicon and a new SDK, it will likely take several months (just a guess).

That long? Sad

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - hdmkv - 2016-11-08

I think so, yes. They just released a buggy Android N f/w based on a new SDK. It's a closed f/w not meant for public consumption. They're waiting for HiSilicon to fix 3D issue (no idea how long that will take), then incorporate that in yet another new SDK. Every SDK brings its own set of issues (it may break things that are already working, even while adding new things).

Of course, HiMedia could surprise us, prove me wrong (happy if this happens Smile) and deliver a stable Android N f/w with 3D microstutters fixed sooner... but, wouldn't count on this.

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - ceaca - 2016-11-08

And you test something on new beta Android N FW?
I am so disappointed, it might be appropriate to sell it and buy me another from competition...Confused
I took it because the promising SOC.

No, just reading reports by others who've tested w/N. I have the N-based f/w, but don't want to install it.

HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro remain very good players. They do 4K really well. They play 3D ISO's fairly well... yes, microstutters are there, but you don't notice it every 42 seconds as you would with most 23.976 content playing at 24.00. Can't explain exactly why, but @looun has mentioned this as well. Could be our display (TV/PJ) smoothing our FPS discrepancies or HiMedia doing something similar.

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - afss - 2016-11-08

(2016-11-08, 18:23)hdmkv Wrote: No, just reading reports by others who've tested w/N. I have the N-based f/w, but don't want to install it.

HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro remain very good players. They do 4K really well. They play 3D ISO's fairly well... yes, microstutters are there, but you don't notice it every 42 seconds as you would with most 23.976 content playing at 24.00. Can't explain exactly why, but @looun has mentioned this as well. Could be our display (TV/PJ) smoothing our FPS discrepancies or HiMedia doing something similar.

Could there be a chance the SDK is ^new/different for Android N and the 3D ISO Microstutters are fixed on the beta-load ? Maybe worth checking.

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - OlivierQC - 2016-11-08

(2016-11-08, 18:23)hdmkv Wrote: No, just reading reports by others who've tested w/N. I have the N-based f/w, but don't want to install it.

it is the same for me

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - OlivierQC - 2016-11-11

new Beta available this morning, i will try it on the week end.