Kodi Community Forum
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback (/showthread.php?tid=266316)

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - ppoulos - 2016-10-27

(2016-10-27, 23:31)Statikk Wrote: There is a new build available! 10/27/2016 I'm guessing it's based on Beta 4.

Thanks afedchin!! Smile

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32/KodiSetup-20161027-6e9e50c-msdk_mvc_wip.exe
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32/KodiSetup-20161027-6e9e50c-msdk_mvc_wip-PDB.7z

What is the KodiSetup-20161027-6e9e50c-msdk_mvc_wip-PDB.7z file for? It unarchives to a PDB folder full of .pdb which only seem necessary for debugging and configuration of the main KodiSetup file.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - timstephens24 - 2016-10-27

Can't skip, fast forward, or rewind. But a new build is progress, so that's good.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - hdmkv - 2016-10-28

Thanks @afedchin, added to post #1... is there a changelog?

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Caramba69 - 2016-10-28

Most of my MVC/3D MKV don't work and freeze when played with the latest build.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - SofaKng - 2016-10-28

Thanks afedchin. I know myself and a lot of other users really appreciate the work you're doing.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - movie78 - 2016-10-28

(2016-10-28, 14:38)SofaKng Wrote: Thanks afedchin. I know myself and a lot of other users really appreciate the work you're doing.

+1
We all appreciate your work without this we will all be stuck with unfinished Chinese products.Big Grin

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Jamey - 2016-10-28

Hi Guys,

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Been reading through the thread. The more I read, the more confused I get. Looking to get a fanless PC for an HTPC and considering purchasing the Intel Skylake i7 6500U Industrial Barebone.

My understanding from reading the charts and this thread, this should be able to handle my 3D iso / mvc needs. The graphics card is an intel HD 520... which may not handle games very well (which is fine because I don't want to use it for games) but should handle 3D iso / mvc content? But then, I read something that 6th generation I7s were not good?

My goal is to eventually have a wireless, fanless setup that can beautifully stream 3D iso from a server. Every non-htpc solution seems to have extremely slow wifi.

1st - is there a specific version of KODI to download? Is the a kodi build that has everything all ready set up for 3D iso / mvc?
2nd - is there a step-by-step write up to follow. Is see a couple, but they seem to be lacking critical steps.
3rd - If the Skylake isn't a good option, and I want to stick around 4-$500 What is the best....most "Awesomest" option? The chart seems a bit outdated

Thanks for any useful help.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - movie78 - 2016-10-28

(2016-10-28, 20:07)Jamey Wrote: Hi Guys,

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Been reading through the thread. The more I read, the more confused I get. Looking to get a fanless PC for an HTPC and considering purchasing the Intel Skylake i7 6500U Industrial Barebone.

My understanding from reading the charts and this thread, this should be able to handle my 3D iso / mvc needs. The graphics card is an intel HD 520... which may not handle games very well (which is fine because I don't want to use it for games) but should handle 3D iso / mvc content? But then, I read something that 6th generation I7s were not good?

My goal is to eventually have a wireless, fanless setup that can beautifully stream 3D iso from a server. Every non-htpc solution seems to have extremely slow wifi.

1st - is there a specific version of KODI to download? Is the a kodi build that has everything all ready set up for 3D iso / mvc?
2nd - is there a step-by-step write up to follow. Is see a couple, but they seem to be lacking critical steps.

3rd - If the Skylake isn't a good option, and I want to stick around 4-$500 What is the best....most "Awesomest" option? The chart seems a bit outdated

Thanks for any useful help.

1st and 2nd question check page 1 and Skylake is plenty good if you don't need 4K

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Jamey - 2016-10-28

Yup, seen 1st page. Wasn't sure if it was outdated due to newer builds. But not seeing the specific Kodi builds needed. ie, version numbers or links to those builds that currently work.

Is it worth waiting for 7th gen for 4k?

(2016-10-28, 20:31)Jamey Wrote: Yup, seen 1st page. Wasn't sure if it was outdated due to newer builds. But not seeing the specific Kodi builds needed. ie, version numbers or links to those builds that currently work.

Is it worth waiting for 7th gen for 4k?

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vc_wip.exe

That is your call, I did Cool

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Siutsch - 2016-10-28

Same problem with PVR like with last beta4.

Original beta5 is working.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - hdmkv - 2016-10-28

(2016-10-28, 20:31)Jamey Wrote: Yup, seen 1st page. Wasn't sure if it was outdated due to newer builds. But not seeing the specific Kodi builds needed. ie, version numbers or links to those builds that currently work.
It's there in post #1. It, the spreadsheet linked to there, and this thread are all specific to @afedchin's MVC Kodi builds only. I only mark whatever is latest as "recommended" after I test and more so check what users are reporting about it.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Jamey - 2016-10-29

OMG. Thanks. It looked so much like an add banner that two of us had to look like ten times...lol

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Statikk - 2016-10-29

New build available (10/28) thanks afedchin!!

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32/KodiSetup-20161028-845f95d-msdk_mvc_wip.exe
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32/KodiSetup-20161028-845f95d-msdk_mvc_wip.pdb

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Siutsch - 2016-10-29

One question for my understanding (and sorry, if this was already answered in this thread):

I tested this 3D build for the 1st time and it works (I have a Zotac ID92 with Intel 4600 graphics as HTPC with Windows 10x64),
the last version again with PVR! Smile

But:
I tested it with an MVC iso (Lichtmond - The Journey).
Kodi detects the 3D MVC Stream, but only, if "Decode the stereo stream from 3D files" is selected, like described in the screenshot on the 1st page of this thread.

So the two FullHD streams for both eyes will be decoded but the picture will be reduced horizontal to 50% , so that you get a normal FullHD HSBS stream.

That's the same quality I get with a ready made HSBS FullHD file, or not?

Isn't it possible, that both FullHD streams get to the display device (in my case a JVC X30 3D projector), like with a 3D BD Player or with a PS3 (or PS4 I think)?

I don't have a BD Player, but I tested my PS3 as BD player with some 3D blurays and this works, so my HDMI Switch (Ligawo 4x2) I use also passes through a 3D signal correctly.

So: what's the benefit of this special 3D Kodi build, which indeed can decode iso MVC files, but only if reduced to a HSBS FullHD file, compared to the HSBS files I already have from many 3D movies?

Thanks for an explanation and again sorry, if this was already answered.