Kodi Community Forum
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback (/showthread.php?tid=266316)

RE: Intel-specific HTPC/NUC selection w/reliable MVC 3D ISO - movie78 - 2016-04-14

A quick way of increasing the performance of Windows 10[/i]

RE: Intel-specific HTPC/NUC selection w/reliable MVC 3D ISO - woronczak - 2016-04-14

(2016-04-14, 15:19)hdmkv Wrote: Stumbled upon this, which looks cool for using Netflix on any HTPC with the Win8/10 app store version...
http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRemoteController/

Only thing I'm missing w/NUC is being able to launch via Kodi Netflix (above) and Amazon VOD (just via Google browser). Advanced Launcher programs add-on is dead, and Chrome Launcher add-on also seems dead (or at least non-functional).

Having above work would make NUC's more all-in-one media boxes. Doesn't appear you can navigate Windows 10's metro (or tablet) mode via a remote. Tried MCE remote and didn't work, and would prefer not to use an air-mouse.

Advanced launcher still works - I have it going with my nucs on these builds. Only problem is it doesn't seem to return focus to kodi on exit. Launcher4kodi has a setting to keep focus but that means netflix loses focus when open. I have ordered an airmouse as I cant figure it out.

RE: Intel-specific HTPC/NUC selection w/reliable MVC 3D ISO - Skank - 2016-04-14

(2016-04-14, 14:33)hdmkv Wrote: @Skank, for audio, can you check two things:
  1. Right-click audio icon is taskbar at bottom-right, choose 'Playback devices', make sure the right device is set as default. Also, click 'Configure', set to 7.1 and apply.
  2. In Kodi, make sure you have WASAPI HDMI selected for audio under 'Passthrough output device', not just at the top where it says 'Audio output device'.
For Intel video settings:
  1. Right-click 'Intel HD Graphics' icon in bottom-right of taskbar and choose 'Graphics Properties...'
  2. Click 'Video' icon.
  3. Under 'Image Enhancement', disable 'Skin Tone Enhancement'.
  4. If there's an 'Advanced' tab there (depends on h/w), go to it and disable both 'Contrast Enhancement' and 'Film Mode Detection' (latter will be done by Kodi).

@sarcoptic, didn't know about Driver Booster; thanks. Will add to post #1 as another option to Intel's driver utility and Windows update.

yeah about audi, it is already set like that
for video, ill check those

RE: Intel-specific HTPC/NUC selection w/reliable MVC 3D ISO - Skank - 2016-04-14

(2016-04-14, 14:45)hdmkv Wrote: Ya know, Intel PQ has really spoiled me! Just got my HiMedia Q10 Pro, the final production unit (vs. pre-production I've had until now). If not for Intel, I'd be gaga over its 3D PQ, which is excellent... but Intel PQ in comparison is excellent-er Wink. Other players just can't match the vibrancy, rich colors, that depth, those details. And, this is with Q10 Pro having its terrific Imprex PQ engine 2.0!

are you saying q10 pro image quality is better than intel?

RE: Intel-specific HTPC/NUC selection w/reliable MVC 3D ISO - hdmkv - 2016-04-14

Other way around: Intel better, but Q10 Pro PQ is also very good. When two are compared, Intel sharper, better depth. Slight, but noticeable.

(2016-04-14, 16:37)woronczak Wrote: Advanced launcher still works - I have it going with my nucs on these builds. Only problem is it doesn't seem to return focus to kodi on exit. Launcher4kodi has a setting to keep focus but that means netflix loses focus when open. I have ordered an airmouse as I cant figure it out.
Hmm, may keep my Minix A2 Lite air-remote then. Just need to figure out how to right-click w/it.

RE: Intel-specific HTPC/NUC selection w/reliable MVC 3D ISO - ArieS - 2016-04-14

(2016-04-14, 16:47)Skank Wrote:
(2016-04-14, 14:33)hdmkv Wrote: @Skank, for audio, can you check two things:
  1. Right-click audio icon is taskbar at bottom-right, choose 'Playback devices', make sure the right device is set as default. Also, click 'Configure', set to 7.1 and apply.
  2. In Kodi, make sure you have WASAPI HDMI selected for audio under 'Passthrough output device', not just at the top where it says 'Audio output device'.
For Intel video settings:
  1. Right-click 'Intel HD Graphics' icon in bottom-right of taskbar and choose 'Graphics Properties...'
  2. Click 'Video' icon.
  3. Under 'Image Enhancement', disable 'Skin Tone Enhancement'.
  4. If there's an 'Advanced' tab there (depends on h/w), go to it and disable both 'Contrast Enhancement' and 'Film Mode Detection' (latter will be done by Kodi).

@sarcoptic, didn't know about Driver Booster; thanks. Will add to post #1 as another option to Intel's driver utility and Windows update.

yeah about audi, it is already set like that
for video, ill check those
Have you checked the supported Audio formats in windows?
I had an issue where after installing the drivers with the Intel utility drivers, I had no HD formats listed.
I deleted the driver and let Windows look for it. After that I had the HD formats listed in Windows and I was able to use Wasapi in Kodi.

What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - ma9ick - 2016-04-15

(2016-04-14, 16:58)hdmkv Wrote: Other way around: Intel better, but Q10 Pro PQ is also very good. When two are compared, Intel sharper, better depth. Slight, but noticeable.
Can you please check if Beelink BT3 (Cherry Trail) supports x.v.Color / xvYCC output? It should, according to specs but it would be nice to have an actual real-world test/confirmation, though I'm not sure how to do that. Confused

For the test you would need a Sony or Panasonic TV that supports "x.v.Color". Above that, Intel graphics supports it (including Cherryview inside X5-Z8300), and there are bunch of "Mastered in 4k" BD titles from Sony which actually contain xvYCC source, I'm just not sure what software player (if any) can reproduce it.

RE: Intel-specific HTPC/NUC selection w/reliable MVC 3D ISO - hdmkv - 2016-04-15

I don't have a Sony or Panasonic TV. @looun has a BT3 w/a Panasonic I think, so he may be able to help. Just send him a PM.

RE: Intel-specific HTPC/NUC selection w/reliable MVC 3D ISO - woronczak - 2016-04-15

(2016-04-14, 15:19)hdmkv Wrote: Stumbled upon this, which looks cool for using Netflix on any HTPC with the Win8/10 app store version...
http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRemoteController/

Only thing I'm missing w/NUC is being able to launch via Kodi Netflix (above) and Amazon VOD (just via Google browser). Advanced Launcher programs add-on is dead, and Chrome Launcher add-on also seems dead (or at least non-functional).

Having above work would make NUC's more all-in-one media boxes. Doesn't appear you can navigate Windows 10's metro (or tablet) mode via a remote. Tried MCE remote and didn't work, and would prefer not to use an air-mouse.

I figured out how to get it working properly. In the advanced launcher settings, check the option to put kodi into windowed mode and once you exit netflix then it returns to kodi properly.

RE: Intel-specific HTPC/NUC selection w/reliable MVC 3D ISO - hdmkv - 2016-04-15

Nice find, thanks.

RE: Intel-specific HTPC/NUC selection w/reliable MVC 3D ISO - ma9ick - 2016-04-15

(2016-04-15, 14:05)hdmkv Wrote: I don't have a Sony or Panasonic TV. @looun has a BT3 w/a Panasonic I think, so he may be able to help. Just send him a PM.
Thanks, I'll do that.

BTW, it seems that Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) supports xvYCC decoding and output over right hardware.

RE: Intel-specific HTPC/NUC selection w/reliable MVC 3D ISO - movie78 - 2016-04-15

(2016-04-12, 16:15)movie78 Wrote: I have decided to give the Skylake one more shot, so I order the Intel NUC6i3SYH Kit bundle from NewEgg for $278.
Intel NUC6i3SYH Kit with 6th Generation Intel Core i3 Processor
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 260-Pin DDR4 SO-DIMM ...
ADATA Premier SP550 2.5" 120GB SATA III TLC

Should receive it on Thursday, if everything works great, this would be the one that I am keeping Image

Got the I3 Skylake in yesterday, setup it up, try my usual test file A Turtle Tales and Ant-Man and I am experiencing the same issue I had with the previous one that I purchase, Blurriness and Glass effect, Try disabling all the Video Enhancements and still the same results.
I guess I am the only one experiencing this issue with i3 Skylake.NoNoNo

I'm forgetting who else has this same NUC? I'd ask what exact version # of graphics/audio driver they're using.

RE: Intel-specific HTPC/NUC selection w/reliable MVC 3D ISO - movie78 - 2016-04-15

(2016-04-15, 15:45)hdmkv Wrote: I'm forgetting who else has this same NUC? I'd ask what exact version # of graphics/audio driver they're using.

I am done with it, looking into i3 4th GEN NUC, sad thing is that I missed out on the $130 deal for the i3Sad

RE: Intel-specific HTPC/NUC selection w/reliable MVC 3D ISO - Skank - 2016-04-15

You should get the dn2820 with 2830 proc Wink