Kodi Community Forum
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback (/showthread.php?tid=266316)

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - movie78 - 2016-05-31

(2016-05-31, 20:39)timstephens24 Wrote: It's posts like that that put us in this situation.

We are already in the situation,so it's time to settle all the misunderstanding.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - movie78 - 2016-05-31

(2016-05-31, 21:08)ArieS Wrote: movie78 & hdmkv, I just received the D34010WYK from the same ebay seller as you guys. Did you have to update the BIOS on yours?

Once you finish the Audio and GFX drivers combination, make sure you disable all Windows updates.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - hdmkv - 2016-05-31

(2016-05-31, 21:17)movie78 Wrote: We are already in the situation,so it's time to settle all the misunderstanding.
+1. I think we can at least agree that the way MVC on Windows is being supported now isn't the right way. I mean we don't even know if keeping support alive via this one-way, non dev-involved thread has has sustainability, or if we're leading more users interested, excited about it into an eventual dead end?

There's obviously a lot of interest, and users are involved, even outside this forum, so why not support it properly as it makes Kodi look good. You know, finally a one-box-does-it-all solution. But, if I was a new user and started reading what happened, how could I not help but feel sour and unsure if I should jump in. Anyway, done beating a dead horse Wink.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Statikk - 2016-06-01

I think afedchin has just been busy probably with his IRL job and stuff. According to github he hasn't done much in the last couple of weeks until less than a day ago. IMO cut him some slack. Who knows what else he has going on in his life. He was the only one willing to work on this in the first place (it seems like most the devs here really don't care about 3D). He was cranking out test builds fairly quickly for awhile there and he got it to the point where the only issue I'm aware of is the TrueHD chapter skip/seeking one and is probably just taking a breather. The fact that he even bothered with new builds after what happened was pretty cool of him. It obviously does make testing a little harder but he still seems to be taking a look at bug reports and fixing issues. I'd rather have a silent dev than no dev at all.

I really think what happened was partially people getting out of line but a whole lot of language/cultural differences to. My fiancee is German, has been speaking English for about 17 years, and I've known her for 15 of them. We still have misunderstandings based on language and culture and it can be frustrating from both sides.

It would be nice to know if afedchin plans to continue working on this build and whether it will make it's way into the main branch, but to be honest I really don't feel as though he owes us anything. I appreciate the work that he has done to get the build where it is and hope he plans to continue with it. If not, I hope someone else will be willing to pick up where he left off and carry it the rest of the way.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Statikk - 2016-06-01

Here are the last 2 MVC builds since they are falling off the list and won't be available soon.

Kodi MVC WIP 020160505 This is the recommended build. This build has issues with chapter skip/seeking on MVC MKVs with TrueHD audio.

Kodi MVC WIP 20160512 This is the latest build which still has issues with chapter skip/seeking on MVC MKVs with TrueHD audio but they are less severe. However this build does not contain any of the packaged addons (like pvr) or inputstream components.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - hdmkv - 2016-06-01

@Statikk, thanks. Someone had mentioned this a while ago, but there doesn't appear any work on MVC itself left to do. The chapter skip/seeking w/TrueHD MVC MKV's maybe, or is this more related to overall Kodi 17 master alpha? Other issues also seem to be Kodi 17 Alpha related. Don't know, just speculating, as we don't have any insights from @afedchin himself.

What I'd hope is MVC soon gets merged into mainline Kodi 17 so it at least has a more assured life going forward. If it can't be soon, again would be nice to know the plan. Think my frustration stems from all the conversation since the 'incident' just being one way (like talking to a wall). MVC w/Windows has been the most exciting thing to happen w/Kodi, maybe other than Kodi on Pi2/3 and Shield, that additional dev interest and support would be great.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - movie78 - 2016-06-01

(2016-06-01, 14:13)hdmkv Wrote: @Statikk, thanks. Someone had mentioned this a while ago, but there doesn't appear any work on MVC itself left to do. The chapter skip/seeking w/TrueHD MVC MKV's maybe, or is this more related to overall Kodi 17 master alpha? Other issues also seem to be Kodi 17 Alpha related. Don't know, just speculating, as we don't have any insights from @afedchin himself.

What I'd hope is MVC soon gets merged into mainline Kodi 17 so it at least has a more assured life going forward. If it can't be soon, again would be nice to know the plan. Think my frustration stems from all the conversation since the 'incident' just being one way (like talking to a wall). MVC w/Windows has been the most exciting thing to happen w/Kodi, maybe other than Kodi on Pi2/3 and Shield, that additional dev interest and support would be great.

+1

MVC w/Windows is the that has happened to Kodi since HD AUDIO supportNod, it would great if it can only integrated into Linus(OpenElec etc..)

I agree with you guys on this being the most amazing feature to hit Kodi in ages. I started using Kodi way back when it was XBMP...before the name change to XBMC. When high def content hit and my orginal XBOX was no longer able to play things I moved on. It wasn't until the addition of MVC 3D that I could finally get everything I wanted from Kodi again and it brought me back. I didn't want multiple boxes for different things and I wanted the same solution on both TVs. I can finally have that now thanks to this build. It would be great to hear that afedchin's hard work has paid off and will make it into Kodi 17. I wonder who makes the call on that.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - hdmkv - 2016-06-01

@movie78 or anyone else, is Launcher4Kodi working for you as expected? For me, for initial boot-up, even from my D34010WYK NUC completely powered off, it works fine going right into Kodi. But, if I power off using my Harmony Ultimate, the NUC doesn't really seem turned off... the blue power light stays on.

Then, next time when I power on via remote, I get no picture and have to physically turn the NUC off by holding the power button down for 2-3 secs, then press to power it back up. At this point, Windows tries to auto-repair itself as PC wasn't shut down properly.

I'm wondering if I should set Kodi's shutdown function to 'Suspend' instead of 'Power off system'. Latter doesn't seem to be working, at least w/these MVC builds. Or, maybe the issue has something to do with the IR function for power for D34010WYK in Harmony's database.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - movie78 - 2016-06-01

(2016-06-01, 20:14)Statikk Wrote: I agree with you guys on this being the most amazing feature to hit Kodi in ages. I started using Kodi way back when it was XBMP...before the name change to XBMC. When high def content hit and my orginal XBOX was no longer able to play things I moved on. It wasn't until the addition of MVC 3D that I could finally get everything I wanted from Kodi again and it brought me back. I didn't want multiple boxes for different things and I wanted the same solution on both TVs. I can finally have that now thanks to this build. It would be great to hear that afedchin's hard work has paid off and will make it into Kodi 17. I wonder who makes the call on that.

+1

(2016-06-01, 20:22)hdmkv Wrote: @movie78 or anyone else, is Launcher4Kodi working for you as expected? For me, for initial boot-up, even from my D34010WYK NUC completely powered off, it works fine going right into Kodi. But, if I power off using my Harmony Ultimate, the NUC doesn't really seem turned off... the blue power light stays on.

Then, next time when I power on via remote, I get no picture and have to physically turn the NUC off by holding the power button down for 2-3 secs, then press to power it back up. At this point, Windows tries to auto-repair itself as PC wasn't shut down properly.

I'm wondering if I should set Kodi's shutdown function to 'Suspend' instead of 'Power off system'. Latter doesn't seem to be working, at least w/these MVC builds. Or, maybe the issue has something to do with the IR function for power for D34010WYK in Harmony's database.

Same issue here, the Kodi Shutdown functionality on the D34010WYK NUC is not as reliable as the DN2820, so what I have being is using the soft Kodi Shutdown option which works 7/10 times and then sometimes I have to hold the power button down for 2-3 secs to turn it down then use the Harmony remote to turn it back upConfused

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - timstephens24 - 2016-06-01

Shutdown from my Harmony would always suspend for me, so I have a Powershell shutdown script in my hotbar, so part of the "shutdown" of the Harmony is to press Win + 8 where I put the script shortcut.

PS:

It looks like @afedchin is working and improving 3D MVC for Windows.
One of the feature that I am excited for support Bluray 3D Menu has added to latest GitHub branch

[3DBD] Added support of 3D-BluRay playback. 11 hours ago

Can't wait for the next MVC release.

@afechin GitHub

(2016-06-01, 21:09)timstephens24 Wrote: Shutdown from my Harmony would always suspend for me, so I have a Powershell shutdown script in my hotbar, so part of the "shutdown" of the Harmony is to press Win + 8 where I put the script shortcut.

Does your Powershell shutdown script allow to shutdown the device completely with the Harmony remote and wake-up?

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - surya_neo - 2016-06-01

(2016-06-01, 20:22)hdmkv Wrote: @movie78 or anyone else, is Launcher4Kodi working for you as expected? For me, for initial boot-up, even from my D34010WYK NUC completely powered off, it works fine going right into Kodi. But, if I power off using my Harmony Ultimate, the NUC doesn't really seem turned off... the blue power light stays on.

I followed below steps to launch kodi when the nuc boots up.

1. Added a cheap usb bluetooth adapter to the NUC(this step may not be necessary and I guess only need it if you need text entry)
2. Added device "Microsoft Windows Computer" to my activity(in addition to NUC and other devices)
3. Added shortcut to Kodi on desktop and mapped it to "Ctrl+Alt+1"
4. Edit the start of the activity and add a delay of 5s and then add new step and mapped it to command Ctrl+Alt+1 on the Windows Computer device

make sure the delay and the command are at the end of the start of activity.

I have created similar steps to shutdown kodi and NUC when I end the activity.