Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Spinner65 - 2016-12-27

I'm running into a weird problem..

I've got:
-Kodi v17 Beta 5 running on OSMC
-Youtube 5.3.6
-custom apis entered in the settings.xml

userdata for youtube addon deleted
addon deleted +restarted kodi.
installed youtube 5.3.6
api keys pasted into settings.xml (same keys worked a few weeks ago.
removed authorizations on youtube website
restarted kodi
tried logging in with youtube addon

I've done this a few times and it always worked, but...

For some reason when I try to login via the youtube addon, and enter the 2 authorizationcodes, it allows me to only enter the first code.
Once I authorize the first code, the addon gives me a login error message.

What is weird... is that when I back out of the menu, I can see the second authorization code popup displayed in kodi for a second
It appears like the addon is trying to login before I'm given a chance to enter the second code.

Edit: It's working now. Same procedure I've done before, but I also did a manual update of the official kodi repo. Not 100% sure what the specific cause was, but it's working now.

Request: More verbose error popup when something fails (where possible)

Thanks for keeping this addon alive !

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - bubuleur - 2016-12-28

Hello, already at first I thank you for this really great addon for kodi
my config: Raspberry pi 3 with kodi 17 beta 7 and addon youtube 5.3.6
I have a question I always get an error message api daily excedded since a little while I can't access the video
I followed the manipulation at the beginning of this topic for the api (it's not easy to copy all api keys on kodi with a raspberry pi)
After putting the api when I want to connect on the addon I don't have time to read the code that after it goes into the options there must be a problem with the addon
thank you

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - thearm - 2016-12-28

I'm still having an issue and have been for a very long time. Will this ever be fixed within the app or will the API keys need to be used from here on out?

I followed the directions here and at other sites several times which are hard to follow (I seem to remember the directions asking you to paste one of the keys into a line that didn't exist). I've tried reinstalling Kodi, reinstalling the app, deleting the folder and tried it on another TV in the house. It works for a little while then stops with the quota error again so I feel like I got though the directions successfully.

Basically I am just curious about the above question. I've given up on troubleshooting the issue and spending more time on it.

EDIT: I see the instructions have been modified and possibly improved. When I get the gumption, I may give it another go.

EDIT: Ok, I gathered the gumption from somewhere and it did work. Those new directions (new to me) were perfect. Thank you very much!

Can't Search Youtube In Kodi - daxi345 - 2016-12-28

Hello Folks,

I am getting an error when trying to search youtube in Kodi. Everything else works fine. I am using 5.3.6. The error log says:

02:02:00 T:1843097608 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/kodion/search/list/) failed

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jmh2002 - 2016-12-28

(2016-12-28, 04:39)thearm Wrote: EDIT: Ok, I gathered the gumption from somewhere and it did work. Those new directions (new to me) were perfect. Thank you very much!

Angel

Yes, normally when it 'doesn't work' it's because the instructions haven't been followed correctly, or the API Keys were not entered correctly.

As far as I am aware there are no problems with the addon or the instructions for normal use (I use the addon daily myself).

For other users who have issues, please see:

* HOW TO DELETE THE YOUTUBE ADDON AND DO A CLEAN INSTALL in the FAQ on Page 1 here.

Regarding any "Daily Limit Quota Exceeded" Errors please see:

* PERSONAL API KEYS - EXTRA INFO in the FAQ on Page 1 here.

Thereafter you should use my Instructions on Page 1 here to create your own YouTube Personal API Keys.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - compy - 2016-12-28

Can you please share simple troubleshooting guide to make sure Dash is enabled on Android ? what to check, im clueless how to make sure Dash is enabled, i can enable it in Kodi but not in SPMC, but people can use it in SPMC not sure what m i missing , i am using 16.5.3

(2016-12-28, 09:44)jmh2002 Wrote: Regarding any "Daily Limit Quota Exceeded" Errors please see * PERSONAL API KEYS - EXTRA INFO in the FAQ on Page 1 here.

You should thereafter use my Instructions on Page 1 here to create your own YouTube Personal API Keys.

(2016-12-28, 09:50)compy Wrote: Can you please share simple troubleshooting guide to make sure Dash is enabled on Android ?

I'm not using Kodi 17 or Dash yet, but I would be happy to add a guide to the FAQ if the information is provided to me.

Aside from that, there have been many posts regarding Dash in the last 10 pages or more here, they may be worth reading. And since you state that "i can enable it in Kodi but not in SPMC" maybe you need to ask in an SPMC support thread?

Re
I have configured the addon with the keys api and I just connect with my account and it tells me
Acces not configured. Youtube data api has not been used in the project
If someone has an idea
Thank you

Now I have the message login failed with my Pi 3
It's really complicated

It is not very complicated but you do need to follow all of the steps exactly and correctly, and in the order shown.
Probably you have missed a step or something.

As a guess, did you follow Step 2 and Enable the YouTube Data API ?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2016-12-28

(2016-12-28, 09:13)daxi345 Wrote: Hello Folks,

I am getting an error when trying to search youtube in Kodi. Everything else works fine. I am using 5.3.6. The error log says:

02:02:00 T:1843097608 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/kodion/search/list/) failed

Any help would be appreciated.
Hi there,

I'm going to state something very obvious.

The error you posted tells me nothing other that your search failed.

Anyone who posts an error like this will be ignored. debug log (wiki) is the only way i'll look at an error through a log file.

Jeff

(2016-12-28, 11:34)bubuleur Wrote: Now I have the message login failed with my Pi 3
It's really complicated

Login failed message means your API Key has a typo or was not set up correctly.

(2016-12-25, 18:52)grymster Wrote: No I have not use dash version.
Here id debug log - http://pastebin.com/MbvHktC0

Explanation for activity in log file.
1. 20:58:09 - Enabled Debug Logging
2. 20:58:40 - Started cartoon (5 minutes long) at YouTube and left it on itself
3. 21:24:25 - Checked temperature and it was 80

That's how it looks in htop:

I'll look into the CPU usage later. but.. all I'll be able to do is duplicate it. unless i can see how to fix it with what i know i wont be able to do anything about it right away. All previous zips are available on the github site so if you want to roll back go for it. Just remember to disable your auto-update for that particular plugin.

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - grymster - 2016-12-28

(2016-12-28, 14:44)jdf76 Wrote: I'll look into the CPU usage later. but.. all I'll be able to do is duplicate it. unless i can see how to fix it with what i know i wont be able to do anything about it right away. All previous zips are available on the github site so if you want to roll back go for it. Just remember to disable your auto-update for that particular plugin.

Jeff

Thanks I'll give it a try.