Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - axlt2002 - 2017-01-22

(2017-01-22, 18:19)ssarava9 Wrote:
(2017-01-21, 21:02)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-01-21, 20:57)ssarava9 Wrote: You guys are awesome, i changed the settings in inputstream to 1080 and stream selection to manual and that did the trick, now getting 4k as well
happier than ever...:-)

Thanks guys

Really happy that you managed it! Can I ask you a favour? Can you please try to play this video through the YouTube add-on and report back at which resolution it is played?

Thanks!

Unfortunately it plays only in 720 but in youtube web view plays in 1080, dont know why

Thanks for the feedback! So it seems there is still something that needs to be "tuned" inside inputstream. I hope that the developers will solve it. Keep in touch! Wink

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - axlt2002 - 2017-01-23

(2017-01-21, 19:23)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi Jeff,

Just one clarification on the add-on versions...tell me if something is wrong:

- 5.3.6 is on the Kodi repository
- 5.3.7 is available on github under the "Releases" page (why is not on Kodi repository?)
- 5.3.8 is the actual github "under construction" version (and should be downloaded through "Download ZIP")

Thanks! Smile

Hi Jeff, can you provide a feedback on this? Thanks and have a great day! Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Pipppero2007 - 2017-01-23

Hi,

I cannot no more have the graphic interface in the YT plugin.

Simply there's no more that option, even in the interface.

Actually I can only browse via text.

I need to browse via images.

How to obtain that?

Thanks!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jmh2002 - 2017-01-23

I dont really understand your question 100% however you can maybe try:

* HOW TO DELETE THE YOUTUBE ADDON AND DO A CLEAN INSTALL

from the FAQ in Post #3 on Page 1 here.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - ssarava9 - 2017-01-23

(2017-01-22, 21:52)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-01-22, 18:19)ssarava9 Wrote:
(2017-01-21, 21:02)axlt2002 Wrote: Really happy that you managed it! Can I ask you a favour? Can you please try to play this video through the YouTube add-on and report back at which resolution it is played?

Thanks!

Unfortunately it plays only in 720 but in youtube web view plays in 1080, dont know why

Thanks for the feedback! So it seems there is still something that needs to be "tuned" inside inputstream. I hope that the developers will solve it. Keep in touch! Wink

Yes some videos plays in 720 though it has 1080 when played in browser, still some issues needs clean up

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Pipppero2007 - 2017-01-23

(2017-01-23, 13:32)jmh2002 Wrote: I dont really understand your question 100% however you can maybe try:

I met the problem after I did a *clean install* (new computer, never had YT addon here).

I try to explain me better: the YT addon can be used in *text* way (I read the name of the videos) or by *images* (I have big squares images of the preview for each videos).

In fact, in the settings I can choose the MAX number of videos per page. That is useful for the "images" browsed view.

Unluckily after I installed the YT plugin in my new computer, when I launch it, the wizard didn't ask me what interface I want and also in the settings there are any option to change from text view to images view.

I want this again:
http://cdn.htpcbeginner.com/images/2015/08/04-Install-Youtube-Kodi-content.jpg

Thank you!!!

(2017-01-23, 21:32)Pipppero2007 Wrote:
(2017-01-23, 13:32)jmh2002 Wrote: I dont really understand your question 100% however you can maybe try:

I met the problem after I did a *clean install* (new computer, never had YT addon here).

I try to explain me better: the YT addon can be used in *text* way (I read the name of the videos) or by *images* (I have big squares images of the preview for each videos).

In fact, in the settings I can choose the MAX number of videos per page. That is useful for the "images" browsed view.

Unluckily after I installed the YT plugin in my new computer, when I launch it, the wizard didn't ask me what interface I want and also in the settings there are any option to change from text view to images view.

I want this again:
http://cdn.htpcbeginner.com/images/2015/08/04-Install-Youtube-Kodi-content.jpg

Thank you!!!

You may need to change the view to thumbnails to see the posters again

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - FulesZacsko - 2017-01-23

Hi guys,

I have a problem with youtube plugin. At one time /one week ago/ youtube stopped, and after that can't logint, can't browse can't doing anything. Just settings. I did a clean install for KODI 16.1, did a clean install for Ubuntu 16.04, try lot of repo, but same problem. Anybody have any idea?

I have a same problem with Tunein plugin...

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - co5mo - 2017-01-23

how can I prevent the unofficial yt addon from updating other then disabling the autoupdate feature... because I want other addons to update and dont want to manually update everything because of yt
thanks

(2017-01-23, 23:16)co5mo Wrote: how can I prevent the unofficial yt addon from updating other then disabling the autoupdate feature... because I want other addons to update and dont want to manually update everything because of yt
thanks

Disable autoupdate only in YT addon in the configure section, other addons will still auto update

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - MetalChris - 2017-01-23

(2017-01-23, 23:24)ssarava9 Wrote:
(2017-01-23, 23:16)co5mo Wrote: how can I prevent the unofficial yt addon from updating other then disabling the autoupdate feature... because I want other addons to update and dont want to manually update everything because of yt
thanks

Disable autoupdate only in YT addon in the configure section, other addons will still auto update

You could also change the version to 9.9.9 in the addon.xml file of the unofficial version.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - vipa - 2017-01-24

My youtube addon stopped working yesterday.
I did no changes to the system and as far as I know there was no addon update.

kodi 16.1
youtube 5.3.6

kdoi.log
when I try to browse
Code:
11:45:41 T:140111454381824   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
11:45:41 T:140111454381824  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.3.6) on Jarvis (16.1) with Python 2.7.12
11:45:41 T:140111454381824   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'urllib2.URLError'>
                                            Error Contents: <urlopen error [Errno 0] Error>
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/runner.py", line 32, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 93, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 127, in _internal_root
                                                return self.on_root(context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/provider.py", line 537, in on_root
                                                self.get_client(context)
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/provider.py", line 150, in get_client
                                                YouTube(language=language, config=youtube_config).refresh_token(refresh_tokens[1])
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client/login_client.py", line 116, in refresh_token
                                                result = requests.post(url, data=post_data, headers=headers, verify=False)
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/simple_requests/api.py", line 194, in post
                                                return _request('POST', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/simple_requests/api.py", line 165, in _request
                                                response = opener.open(request)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 429, in open
                                                response = self._open(req, data)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 447, in _open
                                                '_open', req)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 407, in _call_chain
                                                result = func(*args)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1241, in https_open
                                                context=self._context)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1198, in do_open
                                                raise URLError(err)
                                            URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 0] Error>
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
11:45:41 T:140112813615424   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/
11:45:41 T:140112813615424   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/) failed

when i try to play a live channel
Code:
11:45:59 T:140112006465280  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.3.6) on Jarvis (16.1) with Python 2.7.12
11:45:59 T:140112006465280   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'urllib2.URLError'>
                                            Error Contents: <urlopen error [Errno 0] Error>
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/runner.py", line 32, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 93, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/register_provider_path.py", line 12, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/provider.py", line 367, in on_play
                                                return yt_play.play_video(self, context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/helper/yt_play.py", line 16, in play_video
                                                client = provider.get_client(context)
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/provider.py", line 150, in get_client
                                                YouTube(language=language, config=youtube_config).refresh_token(refresh_tokens[1])
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client/login_client.py", line 116, in refresh_token
                                                result = requests.post(url, data=post_data, headers=headers, verify=False)
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/simple_requests/api.py", line 194, in post
                                                return _request('POST', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/vipa/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/simple_requests/api.py", line 165, in _request
                                                response = opener.open(request)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 429, in open
                                                response = self._open(req, data)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 447, in _open
                                                '_open', req)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 407, in _call_chain
                                                result = func(*args)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1241, in https_open
                                                context=self._context)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1198, in do_open
                                                raise URLError(err)
                                            URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 0] Error>
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
11:45:59 T:140112813615424   ERROR: PlayMedia could not play media: plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=z371JVsNNjY

I don´t know if it is related, but my twitch addon stopped working at the same time. And if I visit youtube with my browser, everything is working fine.

UPDATE: It´s this bug: https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.youtube/issues/14 The Link provides a solution as well.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - axlt2002 - 2017-01-24

(2017-01-09, 00:25)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 17:24)jdf76 Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 22:22)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi Jeff! I hope you are doing well!

I have tried the video you linked above and it plays at 4K (but Kodi is buffering...)! I think we have made a little step forward...

So far two issues then:

- Some streams are correctly played at 1080p and above, some others not;
- How is possible to set the maximum resolution to avoid 4K playing? Under inputstreams.adaptive there is such an option, but it seems it doesn't work (i.e. if I set maximum resolution at 1080p, it goes anyway at 4K).

I don't think that the issues are related to the YouTube add-on...right? Do you have a direct link with the inputstreams.adaptive developer? It seems that the development of that add-on is stuck at the time being...

The way i was told by anxdpanic how the plugin works is the stream is handed off to the player and then nothing happens with the plugin till it's done. i got 1080 on my laptop so i'm assuming it's detecting what your settings are and then pushing it out to that. Thats a guess though. Honestly i don't have contact with the developer of inputstream as I only maintain this plugin from and administrative point. The coding is done by others and i just maintain the code and answer questions i know in the forum. I know the coder we have is working on another project so he's very hard to get a hold of at the moment.

Sorry i couldn't help you more.

Jeff

Thanks for your answer Jeff. For the time being I will survive with 720p or 4K! The day of 1080p will arrive! Smile

Hi Jeff,

peak3d (the developer of inputstream) kindly answered to the issue I opened some time ago on github. From his analysis of the log, it seems that inputstream is not involved...that is why the video is played at 720p and not at 1080p. So the issue may be ralated to YouTube add-on not "calling" mpeg/dash for that video.

I hope you can calloborate in order to solve this issue. I'm of course available for any kind of testing.

YouTube Plug-in Thread - Gothico - 2017-01-24

Axl, you could try and set the Kodi Desktop to 1080p.
YT uses this setting.

On RasPi its a tweak ( set to 720p) to save memory, but video addons use that setting too.

Movies still play in their resulotion.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2017-01-24

@vipa: that looks to be OS related. Can you check https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.youtube/issues/14 and see if that helps you out any.

@axlt2002: I put a notice in the logs for these cases when dash was added to try to alleviate some of this.
From your log on github you can see,
Code:
17:32:34.921 T:8552  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Unable to use mpeg-dash for 7bu6CekekZY, unable to decipher signature. Attempting fallback play method...
This is drm related and currently have no way to decipher the signatures for these dash manifests.

As for limiting to 1080 max with no 4k, working with min/max bandwidth may work. Something like 3000000 minimum (720 is ~1700000~/1080 is ~3200000) and a maximum of 5-6000000 (1440@30 is ~10000000). They may need to be tweaked either way.