Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - MetalChris - 2017-01-27

(2017-01-27, 17:39)Pipppero2007 Wrote:
(2017-01-26, 22:29)jdf76 Wrote:
(2017-01-26, 21:41)Pipppero2007 Wrote: I meant exacly that! But it's awful, I have to set the thumbnails view FOR EACH page!!!

I want ALL the YT plugin to be set as thumbnail view but my normal Kodi interface must remain text.

How to do it? Huh

ok

The plugin does not handle the view settings any longer. It's actually handled by the skin. In the older versions bromix implemented a work around for it, but this work around is no longer allowed.

Thanks
Jeff

How I can set ALL KODI to be set as thumbails view as default?

This is not a Youtube issue. Views are controlled by skins. You need to post in the Skin forum.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2017-01-27

I have notified a little error on my OSMC installation...... this errors appears immediatelly when i turn on my Pi2 whitout load the Youtube Addons.... on the log appears this:
Code:
21:13:52  15.242143 T:1957184432   ERROR: ExecuteAsync - Not executing non-existing script /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/startup.py

It's a fixable error ?
I have looked on this folder.... and this file it's not present..... it's normal ?

Instead this file it's present on Github..... i can pick from here and put on folder ?? Or need to update my addons version (i have a first release of 5.3.8 posted here about one month ago) ?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2017-01-28

You can grab it from the github and put it in the same folder as addon.xml.

i haven't made a zip file for 5.3.8 and thats just a version bump from 5.3.7. I'll push it out Sunday evening. This will get any translators time to get their translations in. The ones that are there, are the ones github does automatically.

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2017-01-29

(2017-01-28, 01:03)jdf76 Wrote: You can grab it from the github and put it in the same folder as addon.xml.

i haven't made a zip file for 5.3.8 and thats just a version bump from 5.3.7. I'll push it out Sunday evening. This will get any translators time to get their translations in. The ones that are there, are the ones github does automatically.

Jeff

Oh ok.. i have simply download the full zip from github and removed the "-master" from folder inside the zip (for maintain the current structure on osmc installation and not create a double addons folder). After this simply used "Install from zip" and all error about youtube addons it's not resolved.

Little OT:
Now i have 3 warning only when i boot my pi2.......i not thinks it's a critical Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - luciferus - 2017-01-29

hi. i have installed a fresh copy of kodi on my rpi2 and the youtube addon is not working.
all i get is opening stream and nothing else. it will sit there forever.
i have reinstalled everything from scratch 3 times but still not working.
my second rpi2 that i have had since 2 years ago still working fine
thanks for any help and advice

YouTube Plug-in Thread - MB1968 - 2017-01-29

Not sure if the Dutch translator had changed the Dutch .po file for the new version. Version 5.37 contains a spell error. Playlists should be Afspeellijsten and not Aspeellijsten.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2017-01-29

I have a curiosity boys.... a possibly feature request and at same time i don't know if it's already possibly to do Smile

An Example.......... i reach a channel and obtain the video list....... currently it's possible to navigate to page 2.....3....4 using the "Next Page" and the end of list..... it's possibly (or add a feature if not) to reach/jump directly, for example, to page 5 or page X ??

For example it's possibly to add a request to user ? For example before "Next Page" add a request like "GoTo Page.." and when click on it's a keybord appears for put the number or page ?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2017-01-30

Latest version posted.

youtube plugin version 5.3.8

see post 1 for information.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jmh2002 - 2017-01-30

This morning I have added a few more sections to the:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS & USEFUL INFORMATION

jmh2002 Wrote:* WHY DO I NEED TO ACTIVATE THE YOUTUBE ADDON TWICE?
jmh2002 Wrote:* WHY CAN'T I CHOOSE THE VIEW IN THE ADDON SETTINGS ANYMORE?
* WHY DO I ONLY HAVE 'LIST', 'BIG LIST' & 'THUMBNAIL' VIEWS AVAILABLE NOW?
* HOW CAN I SET THE 'MEDIA INFO' VIEW AGAIN?
jmh2002 Wrote:* WHY DOESN'T THE MARK AS WATCHED / UNWATCHED 'TICK' WORK ANYMORE?

Please see the FAQ in Post #3 on Page 1 here for the details. I hope this is helpful Cool

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - MB1968 - 2017-01-30

Thanks for correcting the spell error.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - cheeech - 2017-01-30

(2017-01-29, 15:55)luciferus Wrote: hi. i have installed a fresh copy of kodi on my rpi2 and the youtube addon is not working.
all i get is opening stream and nothing else. it will sit there forever.
i have reinstalled everything from scratch 3 times but still not working.
my second rpi2 that i have had since 2 years ago still working fine
thanks for any help and advice

Have the same problem. It worked fine before the Kodi update yesterday. Downgrading it to the old version doesn't seem to help either.
/edit
nvm, had to restart my computer.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - gitman - 2017-01-31

getting a lot of "no video streams" errors today watching music videos. just me?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - trick91 - 2017-01-31

(2017-01-31, 05:39)gitman Wrote: getting a lot of "no video streams" errors today watching music videos. just me?

same here, couldnt get any videos to work tonight

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - finalmakerr - 2017-01-31

Thank you for your work @jdf76!

This simple code is no longer working for me, any idea why?
Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('PlayMedia(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=WFwHq6cY040)')

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - axlt2002 - 2017-01-31

(2017-01-31, 09:05)finalmakerr Wrote: Thank you for your work @jdf76!

This simple code is no longer working for me, any idea why?
Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('PlayMedia(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=WFwHq6cY040)')

Same here...I have several .strm files for music videos...but I'm not more able to watch them.

No issues for directly playing (i.e. streaming) a video.

Hope in a fix soon.

Have a great day!