Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - Kincaid - 2016-04-15

What you suggested was what I had done before only I uninstalled first and then I deleted plugin.video.youtube.

But I managed to get it to work. With the newest version already installed I deleted plugin.video.youtube again. Then I quit kodi and deleted every file in the temp folder via adbfire (running kodi on a fire tv stick). Then I made a complete restart of the stick. After starting the youtube plug-in again it instantly started the setup wizard and then it asked me to log-in. I activated both times and now everything seems to work. Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jdf76 - 2016-04-15

(2016-04-15, 02:48)Kincaid Wrote: What you suggested was what I had done before only I uninstalled first and then I deleted plugin.video.youtube.

But I managed to get it to work. With the newest version already installed I deleted plugin.video.youtube again. Then I quit kodi and deleted every file in the temp folder via adbfire (running kodi on a fire tv stick). Then I made a complete restart of the stick. After starting the youtube plug-in again it instantly started the setup wizard and then it asked me to log-in. I activated both times and now everything seems to work. Smile

Excellent, odd you had to go all the way through that

usually if you just delete addons/plugin.video.youtube and userdata (wiki) /addon_data/plugin.video.youtube it should act as if the plugin had never been installed.

Ah well least it's working for you.

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - SIngidunum - 2016-04-15

(2016-04-14, 14:05)Idokfire Wrote:
(2016-04-14, 05:07)SIngidunum Wrote: Is there update file in ,apk version to load on Fire TV stick? I have been looking all over and cant find it.
This thread is not about a YouTube App for Android. This is a YouTube add-on for Kodi which runs on Windows, Android, etc.

Idok Fire

Thank you for answer but forgive my ignorance since I haven't seen anywhere in this thread saying plug for Windows only.

It's not, it's for kodi only. It's installed via Kodi through the add-on section. You can grab the addon from the link in my signature. This week i'll work on see on getting is sync'd into the official repo.

Jeff

(2016-04-15, 04:33)SIngidunum Wrote:
(2016-04-14, 14:05)Idokfire Wrote:
(2016-04-14, 05:07)SIngidunum Wrote: Is there update file in ,apk version to load on Fire TV stick? I have been looking all over and cant find it.
This thread is not about a YouTube App for Android. This is a YouTube add-on for Kodi which runs on Windows, Android, etc.

Idok Fire

Thank you for answer but forgive my ignorance since I haven't seen anywhere in this thread saying plug for Windows only.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - SIngidunum - 2016-04-15

(2016-04-15, 04:52)jdf76 Wrote: It's not, it's for kodi only. It's installed via Kodi through the add-on section. You can grab the addon from the link in my signature. This week i'll work on see on getting is sync'd into the official repo.

Jeff

Thank you JDF76
I did grab plug from your signature but when I go to KODI add-on section it doesnt show plug anywhere.
I thought I can side load it using ATF.
Even repo does not show up.
Running 16.0 on Fire TV Stick

Nah you wont find it in the official repository.

you'll either need to download the plugin zip or repo zip, where you would install via the youtube repo.

Easiest way to do it is to put it on a usb drive or a micro flash disk and then install via a zip file and then select the file you downloaded.

Unfortunately i need to crash for the night because i have an appointment this morning, but if you still have issues i can write up a quick install guide for you tomorrow.

thx
Jeff

(2016-04-15, 05:15)SIngidunum Wrote:
(2016-04-15, 04:52)jdf76 Wrote: It's not, it's for kodi only. It's installed via Kodi through the add-on section. You can grab the addon from the link in my signature. This week i'll work on see on getting is sync'd into the official repo.

Jeff

Thank you JDF76
I did grab plug from your signature but when I go to KODI add-on section it doesnt show plug anywhere.
I thought I can side load it using ATF.
Even repo does not show up.
Running 16.0 on Fire TV Stick

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - Fludizz - 2016-04-15

Hey Jeff, really appreciate the hard work you (and of course the others) have put into keeping this plugin alive! And thanks for the Youtube Addon Repo link, added it to my RPi3/OpenELEC box and works like a charm.

Regarding the API key discussion: I do not seem to notice differences between the Server key and Browser key on my installation (maybe OpenELEC specific), but I'll stick with the server key as it seems a more appropriate key for it Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jdlive - 2016-04-15

(2016-04-10, 21:21)jmh2002 Wrote: I decided to post my simplified instructions. No screenshots, but instead a very simple step by step.

Please don't re-quote this (unless it's Jeff adding it to a wiki), because if any corrections are needed I will edit this post.

Thanks for the instructions, was able to create my own keys and get them working.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jmh2002 - 2016-04-15

You are welcome. I was hesitant myself initially due to the mix of confusing instructions that existed. So I documented and simplified everything when I tried to do it myself Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - bluenote - 2016-04-15

Hey jdf, thanks for your work on this.
What are the chances you would consider submitting to the official kodi repo ??

Thats on my list, my problem is i have to find out since this was originally bromix's plugin do i need to go through something to get it transfered or do i need to set it up as a new plugin. I was going to pm Martijn but unfortunately he doesn't accept pm's. I'll figure it out.

Jeff

(2016-04-15, 21:39)bluenote Wrote: Hey jdf, thanks for your work on this.
What are the chances you would consider submitting to the official kodi repo ??

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - ronie - 2016-04-15

(2016-04-15, 21:44)jdf76 Wrote: Thats on my list, my problem is i have to find out since this was originally bromix's plugin do i need to go through something to get it transfered or do i need to set it up as a new plugin.

nah, that shouldn't be needed i think.

just submit your addon, following the steps here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Submitting_Add-ons#Github
and the repo maintainers will let you know if anything needs to be changed.

Sweet Thanks Ronie!

Jeff

(2016-04-15, 22:36)ronie Wrote:
(2016-04-15, 21:44)jdf76 Wrote: Thats on my list, my problem is i have to find out since this was originally bromix's plugin do i need to go through something to get it transfered or do i need to set it up as a new plugin.

nah, that shouldn't be needed i think.

just submit your addon, following the steps here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Submitting_Add-ons#Github
and the repo maintainers will let you know if anything needs to be changed.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - rdorsch - 2016-04-16

(2016-04-13, 17:33)jdf76 Wrote: 5.1.19 is very old which is why you're getting the exceeded quota message.

You need to get the latest version which is 5.1.20.6. In my signature i have where you can get my repository which will autoupdate and the direct plugin zip file.

Unfortunately you will need to remove the addon_data/plugin.video.youtube directory as their has been a few changes and the uninstall routine will not get rid of this.

Code:
ok go to the file manager under system. select profile directory

Then select addon_data

then highlight plugin.video.youtube

hit c for the context menu and select delete.

Once it's removed go out of the file manager.

go to settings and then add-ons.

Then select my addons

go to the video add-ons menu

select youtube and hit the context menu again.

click add-on information.

click uninstall.

once this is done, it should be gone, but if you absolutely want to be sure. exit out of kodi and then hunt down your kodi directory and then go to addons and if you see a plugin.video.youtube delete that folder.

If you still have trouble let me know.

Thanks
Jeff

(2016-04-13, 17:28)blueribb Wrote: Will every automatic update from the repository require a log out and log in ? I am still using 5.1.19 and haven't seen the "exceeded quota" message since I installed it.

I had to logout ("Abmelden" in German) first.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - qp9013625 - 2016-04-16

Any update on the DASH support, which has also been requested on GitHub:

https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.video.youtube/issues/22

?

Wink