Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jdf76 - 2016-04-17

9 matches with #3

and # 8 is my priority right now.

Don't owrry about concentrating on that list. I'll make a new list and add it to the bottom of that list,

Jeff

(2016-04-17, 19:36)*Spider* Wrote:
(2016-04-17, 19:11)jdf76 Wrote:
(2016-04-17, 19:03)McButton Wrote: I got this working find on Kodi, all my subscriptions and info pull without issues. I added the correct API keys.
My only issue is that I put channels in my favorites or Super Favorites and get the error [Mapping for path '/channel/UC4Poo.....' not found]

Is there a way to set a direct link to a channel from favorites or must I always direct press through the YouTube addon? I assumed it was looking for a logged in account, but I'm always in.

Thoughts?

There is a current bug that I know about when you favorite an item it stores it as a channel. Unfortunately that channel doesn't auto-update in the favorites., you would have to go to the favorites editor and change it to the user. I hope to discover why that is or at least change it to adding the channel as a user instead.

Thanks
(2016-04-17, 17:18)*Spider* Wrote:
(2016-04-02, 19:51)jdf76 Wrote: Current issue list.

1. Watch later list does NOT remove the actual video from the list (automated or otherwise)
2. Age restriction blocks people from watching the Video.
3. Adding channels to "KODI favorites" doesn't auto-update
4. My Subscriptions does NOT sort by date
5. Incorrect information on addon listing. Grammar or Spelling incorrect.
6. Issue with sorting on "My Subscriptions"

7. Issue with History. Watched Videos here are not added to your history. *may not be possible*
8. Quota limit issue is back. Must fix the API pool.
9. Favoriting a video adds it as a channel instead of as a user.

Some discussions from the old list will be at

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200735
Newly suggested #8 candidate.
Newly suggested #9 candidate.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - *Spider* - 2016-04-17

(2016-04-17, 19:39)jdf76 Wrote: 9 matches with #3

Don't owrry about concentrating on that list. I'll make a new list and add it to the bottom of that list,

Jeff
Maybe prioritize the severity of the issues in ascending order?

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jdf76 - 2016-04-17

(2016-04-17, 19:50)*Spider* Wrote:
(2016-04-17, 19:39)jdf76 Wrote: 9 matches with #3

Jeff
Maybe prioritize the severity of the issues in ascending order?

EDIT: if you want just create a whole new list in the order you see fit.

Absolutely, but let me rephrase my ending as i got distracted. I'm going to put that list on the bottom of the first post.

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - McButton - 2016-04-17

Neat. Keep up the sweet work. Well done.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jdf76 - 2016-04-18

@ronie

How long does it usually take for the update to occur to the kodi repository. i submited through the mailing list if thats ok.

Thanks!

jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - 4500 - 2016-04-19

Sorry if this is an obvious question... I can't sign out of the add-on. I've gone through the API tutorial and double checked all keys have been entered correctly but when i click Sign Out it takes me back to the Configure screen and I get a Login Failed error. I've tried deleting my Temp without any luck. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

I'm using an M8 box with Kodi 15.2

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jdf76 - 2016-04-19

HI there, the Login error is due to either a bad key or issue.

To make this easy for you lets just purge your install and data directory.

ok go to the file manager under system. select profile directory

Then select addon_data

then highlight plugin.video.youtube

hit c for the context menu and select delete.

Once it's removed go out of the file manager.

go to settings and then add-ons.

Then select my addons

go to the video add-ons menu

select youtube and hit the context menu again.

click add-on information.

click uninstall.

once this is done, it should be gone, but if you absolutely want to be sure. exit out of kodi and then hunt down your kodi directory and then go to addons and if you see a plugin.video.youtube delete that folder.

Then go to Really long URL and get the latest and greatest file, if you still have issues, we will have to check out your log file to see whats up.

Thanks
jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - 4500 - 2016-04-19

Thanks Jeff, i'll try tonight, much appreciated.

Really long URL, lol Wink

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - ronie - 2016-04-19

(2016-04-18, 20:46)jdf76 Wrote: @ronie

How long does it usually take for the update to occur to the kodi repository. i submited through the mailing list if thats ok.

Thanks!

jeff

no idea i'm afraid. i'm not equipped with the task of handling script/plugin pull-requests.
ruuk / phil65 / learningit are dealing with those.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - h0d3nt3uf3l - 2016-04-19

can anyone help me out with a kodi.log where the message "quota exceeded" appears? I need to set the error-variable and then the api-rotation would work. Or did anyone have a key with an exceeded quota? Big Grin

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - DarrenHill - 2016-04-19

You could probably most simply get that by using the API keys from Bromix's original version of the add-on couldn't you? The one that's currently in the official repo. I guess those keys are still regularly over their quotas.

(2016-04-19, 18:09)ronie Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 20:46)jdf76 Wrote: @ronie

Thanks!

jeff

no idea i'm afraid. i'm not equipped with the task of handling script/plugin pull-requests.
ruuk / phil65 / learningit are dealing with those.

Ok no worries, It'll happen when or if it happens Smile

Thanks for the help Smile
Jeff

(2016-04-19, 18:51)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: can anyone help me out with a kodi.log where the message "quota exceeded" appears? I need to set the error-variable and then the api-rotation would work. Or did anyone have a key with an exceeded quota? Big Grin

Sent you the keys form 5.1.16 and 5.1.17 in PM. If anyone else wants them i can post them here. I just figured it was easier to send them to him directly Smile

Hope those help. if not we'll figure out a way to rack up the quota.

Jeff.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - h0d3nt3uf3l - 2016-04-19

Ok i'll test it with those keys. I've still running 5.1.17 on my raspberry pi and never had the quota Problem. Hope my solution help and I dont thought in a to complex way.
I can test it tomorrow and would be able to push it in 24h if i find a quota exceeded key.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - legoman666 - 2016-04-21

I'm having problems with Vevo videos tonight. Error in log is:

NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.1.20.6) on Helix (14.2) with Python 2.7.3
ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=B3eAMGXFw1o]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfN4PVaOU5Q

I am logged in with all the api keys and such in the addon. No luck. Other videos seem to work.