Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - PantsOnFire - 2017-11-08

(2017-11-08, 16:22)blueribb Wrote:
(2017-11-08, 16:01)PantsOnFire Wrote: Hey all, quick question.

Using my Android 5 phone, latest YouTube app.
Have Kore installed. Share, Play On Kodi.

Works as ever, but I just noticed it's playing only 720p on Kodi, when the video in question may be in 1080, or even at 1080 with 60fps.

Does the add-on support the 1080p60 videos ?

See post #2856
Post #'s are on the right side of each post

Cool thank you. 30000000 the max bitrate YouTube offers?

Why does the add-on not default to the max res though?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - David15 - 2017-11-08

Hello Guys!

(i hope i'm posting in the right section...!!!)

I'm not an expert on Kodi and i'd like to ask if there is a way on the Youtube addon to play all the video under *musubscription* instead of
all the video in the channel of the video chosen...

Thank you very much in Advance

David

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - blueribb - 2017-11-08

I was able to configure inputstream.adaptive on my Windows 10 desktop but not on my Intel NUC running Libreelec (8.2.0). I enable MPEG-DASH but then when I try to enable inputstream.adaptive, nothing happens and no window opens to allow changes. Is this only possible on Windows ?

Kodi 17.5
YouTube Plugin version 5.4.5
Libreelec 8.2.0

Edit: I had to install the inputstream addon from the Libreelec Repository and now it works. I guess it's included with the Windows version.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2017-11-09

(2017-11-08, 17:22)David15 Wrote: Hello Guys!

(i hope i'm posting in the right section...!!!)

I'm not an expert on Kodi and i'd like to ask if there is a way on the Youtube addon to play all the video under *musubscription* instead of
all the video in the channel of the video chosen...

Thank you very much in Advance

David

you go to the video list and then hit the context menu then select Play all from here.

Thanks
Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - David15 - 2017-11-09

(2017-11-09, 06:03)jdf76 Wrote: you go to the video list and then hit the context menu then select Play all from here.

Thanks
Jeff 
YES YES!!! that's what i was lookin for!

THX Jeff!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2017-11-09

(2017-11-07, 16:27)DjDiabolik Wrote: I have a suggestion about possibly feature:
Look that programmed live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKccbKefgLg

It's also present on "My Subscription" but when try to reproduce i obtain a notificaion says "UNKNOW"...... it's possible to be otain the "days" remain as happens on a pc browser ?

And another things.... if i access to All subscriction channel list and choose a channel... if this channel it's currenly "in live" because that live that's not compair on "video" list  but it's compair only on "My Subscriction" ?

Sorry, I don't understand your request, 'Live' under channels is a search for live content with that channel id.

(2017-11-08, 17:17)PantsOnFire Wrote: Cool thank you. 30000000 the max bitrate YouTube offers?

Why does the add-on not default to the max res though? 

Not sure what the highest bandwidth/bitrate for the streams, always suggested 10000000-30000000 for first configure as it would cover most 1080-4k content and more reasonable for the avg users connection. If you have a faster connection it's fine to set it higher. (I leave mine set at 60000000)

We default to 720 since it is the highest all platforms can achieve without the use of another add-on, and we don't configure other add-ons settings programmatically as this might cause issues with a users own configuration. 

-
@qwertyy and @PantsOnFire: 60fps should be possible there is currently no way to limit to 30 or 60. If you have a particular video that is not playing in the expected format, post the video id and I can take a look at the manifest to see if there may be something limiting it.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - qwertyy - 2017-11-09

Here is the log file for test videos

https://mega.nz/#!aklyDQSB!HVBsPWEDzYMj3qa52oH3inLTRC0Y_4sQJnedtp4laxk

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - qwertyy - 2017-11-09

Well, I found the reason. All 60fps Videos above 1080p will be played with webm, mp4 only supports 30 frames with 2k/4k. Is there anything new about supporting VP9 streams?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2017-11-10

(2017-11-09, 14:48)anxdpanic Wrote:
(2017-11-07, 16:27)DjDiabolik Wrote: I have a suggestion about possibly feature:
Look that programmed live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKccbKefgLg

It's also present on "My Subscription" but when try to reproduce i obtain a notificaion says "UNKNOW"...... it's possible to be otain the "days" remain as happens on a pc browser ?

And another things.... if i access to All subscriction channel list and choose a channel... if this channel it's currenly "in live" because that live that's not compair on "video" list  but it's compair only on "My Subscriction" ?

Sorry, I don't understand your request, 'Live' under channels is a search for live content with that channel id.

CUT CUT 

mmmmmmmm... try to do my best whit english (ehm.... i can use italian ?? For example i can send you a PM you can read italian.... i can write my idea to much better Smile) :
currently the a live it's only avaible from a search result........ if i reach a channel from "Subscriction" (and not My Subscription) if a channel have it's on live stream this not appears on video list.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - arbetaren - 2017-11-10

Hello,

I just did a clean install of Kodi (latest Libreelec if that does matter) but unfortunately I'm unable to login to Youtube now.
I've done this a thousands of times but never experienced this:

I got the code and on my phone/computer (tried both) head to Youtube.com/activate and give it the first code.
But then it just "loads" forever. Nothing happens on Kodi or the activate-page. 
Usually it takes 1 second and then it asks me for the second code to login and then its done.

Is it something on Youtubes backend? Nothing changed here for me.

Can someone please try to sign out and login (activate) on Youtube with Kodi?

Edit: Tried 5.5.0 Alpha 7 but still no go

Edit 2: Log deleted, see Edit 4.

Edit 3: This might be interesting. I get this error from Youtube addon after 10~ min of waiting for it to activate:

Code:
[color=#000000]02:03:47.045 T:140411693270784   ERROR: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.urllib3/lib/urllib3/connectionpool.py:858: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings
                                              InsecureRequestWarning)
02:11:36.858 T:140413319116480   ERROR: Previous line repeats 86 times.
02:11:36.858 T:140413319116480   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogConfirm.xml) ------
02:11:37.015 T:140411693270784   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/runner.py", line 40, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 93, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/register_provider_path.py", line 12, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/provider.py", line 440, in _on_sign
                                                yt_login.process(mode, self, context, re_match, context.get_settings().requires_dual_login())
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/yt_login.py", line 103, in process
                                                access_token_kodi, expires_in_kodi, refresh_token_kodi = _do_login(_for_tv=False)
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--[/color]

Edit 4: Finally.. the error was on Googles services. Did a factory reset on my smart-tv just to check out the activate process on it. And it was the same. 1 hour later it worked again like nothing ever happend.. Thank you Google.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - Ymetro - 2017-11-14

(2016-09-17, 21:15)cgx_ Wrote: Dirty hack to get watch later working for now, google is likely to block this:
resources/lib/youtube/provider.py around line 572
change
['channel', 'mine', 'playlist', playlists['watchLater']]),
to
['channel', 'mine', 'playlist', ' WL']),

The space in front of WL is important Wink
This is awesome! 
But having trouble editing the Microsoft Store version, I just added " WL" (this is with a space in front of the WL) to the section "Custom Watch Later Playlist ID" in the Add-on settings, et voilá! Got it working. 
Somehow I can not delete items from the list..., but I'm happy to see the list appearing.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jmh2002 - 2017-11-15

This is not the correct procedure to follow.

Please see the following from Post #3 on Page #1 here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267160&pid=2299963#pid2299963

* HOW TO USE THE CUSTOM WATCH LATER and CUSTOM HISTORY FEATURE

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2017-11-15

It's two days i have noticed a strange issue sometimes:
When navigates on page of "My Subscrition" (usually 4 pages) sometimes i obtain a "infinite" spin on my tv..... i need to press "Exit" to stop the spin and and seconds time i obtain the video list.
A similar issue i obtain when i do a "Search" (use one of three different search), i put a "Keywords" and obtain a "infinite" spin...... at seconds times i obtain the search result.........

When i obtain the "Infinite" spin i have tryed to "read" and see the log of kodi but no errors it's present (but i don't have tryed whit debug log activated).

is there someone who is having similar problems lately?

*EDIT*
I have another question......... it's normal as "Universal Resolver" updated i lost all settings in this youtube addons ?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - tantrumdev - 2017-11-17

I have been wanting to add ability to utilize the search restriction to a specific channel id, but it hasn't been working. Calling it as favorite using the below url method does not seem to work. Is the url wrong, or is this no longer supported by the YT API?

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/kodion/search/query/?channel_id=<id here>&q=<query here>

Do note, I can add &event_type=live etc. to the url and those work. Which is why I am wondering if latest API no longer supports it.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2017-11-17

I have installed yesterday the Alpha9...... i have a question... what's the developers api keys ? I see it's actived by default........