Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - musicadi - 2017-11-29

Hello and thank you for the add-on!

Recently I noticed my log file filled with this warning message:

WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id= .... (appears for every video played)

Youtube videos actually play well.

Another thing: the "Recommended Videos" section gives me the videos that the Youtube website recommends when I'm not logged in, although I'm logged in in the add-on (entered both codes)

Thank you for your help!

EDIT: Youtube add-on version 5.4.5 LibreELEC 8.2.1 on a Wetek Core device

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Luke Cage - 2017-12-02

What's the difference between "My Subscriptions" and "Subscriptions" ?

I use my own API keys.
"My Subscriptions" always shows an empty list. "Subscriptions" shows me my subscriptions.
Requests of both show the "'spike' on the API Requests graph" and also increment the API request count by 2.
"My Subscriptions" always increments the request count by 2. (Probably because it's always empty.)
"Subscriptions" only increments the request count for new (uncached) list pages.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2017-12-02

(2017-12-02, 17:53)Luke Cage Wrote: What's the difference between "My Subscriptions" and "Subscriptions" ?

I use my own API keys.
"My Subscriptions" always shows an empty list. "Subscriptions" shows me my subscriptions.
Requests of both show the "'spike' on the API Requests graph" and also increment the API request count by 2.
"My Subscriptions" always increments the request count by 2. (Probably because it's always empty.)
"Subscriptions" only increments the request count for new (uncached) list pages.
My subscriptions is list of videos of each of the people you are subscribed too

Subscriptions is the actual people you connect to and not the videos.

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Luke Cage - 2017-12-02

(2017-12-02, 18:00)jdf76 Wrote: My subscriptions is list of videos of each of the people you are subscribed too

Subscriptions is the actual people you connect to and not the videos.

Jeff 
So when is "My subscriptions" supposed to populate ?
I receive messages of updates (from channels that I subscribe to) on my phone. But the "My subscriptions" list remains empty.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2017-12-02

My Subscriptions returning empty usually requires a re-login. If you are prompted for with a choice of accounts - username, or email -  other users have reported choosing the username account resolves this.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2017-12-02

Latest alpha is up (alpha12): 
https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.youtube/releases/tag/5.5.0-alpha

[add] Saved Playlists
[add] allow developers to use their own api key
[add] audio only to quality selection
[add] age gate enforcement - Settings -> General
[add] allow offensive content - Settings -> General
[add] quick search and quick search (incognito) to Settings -> Folders
- incognito doesn't add to search history or run post play events (add to watch history)
[add] quick search to channels (no history)
[add] Live folder to channels
[fix/upd] use select dialog for subtitle setting
- [add] Configure subtitles to Settings -> General
- [add] Current language with No auto-generated subtitles option
[upd] youtube_resolver: allow resolve by url
[fix/upd] do not use distutils.version.LooseVersion for version compare [stefansaraev]
[fix/upd] add check to api key stripping
[fix/upd] subtitles default to non asr track when possible
[fix/upd] login client logging and endpoints
[fix/upd] Watch Later
- Clear Settings - Folders - Custom Watch Later Playlist ID
[fix/upd] History
- cannot add to history from add-on
- Clear Settings - Folders - Custom History Playlist ID
[fix] /api/update route logging
[upd] Hebrew strings [Eng2Heb]
[upd] Polish strings [Etharr]
[upd] Italian strings [DjDiabolik]
[upd] Hungarian strings [lacesz-sh]

Since the last post there have been a few additions that we've been missing for a while.
- Saved playlists
- Watch Later*
- History*

Watch Later:
Clear your custom watch later playlist if you have this configured. When entering the Watch Later menu(or on add/remove) the add-on will attempt to get the watch later playlist id which may not work on first try. To resolve this add a few videos to your watch later via the website/android app and try again. You can tell if this worked by checking your custom watch later playlist id has been updated.  Once the playlist id is updated the Watch Later feature should be fully functional again.

History:
Only listing and clearing of watch history are currently working, and is not added to from add-on.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - samsonluk - 2017-12-03

My plug-in suddenly stop playing and required to re-login, while attempt to access youtube.com/active it shown "This account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, deceptive practices, and misleading content or other Terms of Service violations."  Tried another account with the same result, anyone encountered this situation recently?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Steph09 - 2017-12-03

I was trying to watch a video earlier & I kept getting the message 'sign in to confirm your age'. I have tried enabling/disabling the age gate & allow offensive content things in the settings as well as logging out & back in but still getting the same error.

The video plays fine in the browser & console app.

video is a top ten list from a channel who's videos i've been going through lately- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFapkpprOLs

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - blueribb - 2017-12-03

(2017-12-03, 11:04)samsonluk Wrote: My plug-in suddenly stop playing and required to re-login, while attempt to access youtube.com/active it shown "This account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, deceptive practices, and misleading content or other Terms of Service violations."  Tried another account with the same result, anyone encountered this situation recently?
www.youtube.com/activate (not /active)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Luke Cage - 2017-12-03

(2017-12-02, 21:28)anxdpanic Wrote: My Subscriptions returning empty usually requires a re-login. If you are prompted for with a choice of accounts - username, or email -  other users have reported choosing the username account resolves this.
Before posting, I logged out and in many times. Also, I'm not prompted while logging in. I also deleted, regenerated, and reentered API and OAuth codes+keys several times. It's just "My Subscriptions" which doesn't populate.
I'll see if it picks up. Thanks.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - PnoT - 2017-12-03

In order to play 4K videos the Inputstream.adaptive add-on has to be set to manual resolution.  When the video starts to play it auto selects like 480p but then I have the choice of going into the video settings and switching it to 4K.  If I leave the setting in the Inputstream.adaptive add-on to Auto it only goes as high as 1080p on it's own.  Is there something I'm doing wrong and is it the youtube add-on or the inputstream adatpive that needs to be tweaked?

EDIT: This was an Inputstream Adaptive option from the following post: https://github.com/peak3d/inputstream.adaptive/issues/9

I have a Vero 4K and had to set the "ignore display resolution" in the add-on in order for it to auto play 4K streams by default.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2017-12-03

@Steph09: It is resolved on github now. Just giving some time for any issues to be reported with the new additions before the next bump.

@Luke Cage: Key changes shouldn't be required for My Subscriptions. My Subscriptions and the latest saved playlists, watch later, and history updates rely on the key set provided by the add-on(reason 2 logins are required). The web equivalent to My Subscriptions is youtube.com/tv Subscriptions in the Guide panel(left side).

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - samsonluk - 2017-12-04

(2017-12-03, 16:16)blueribb Wrote:
(2017-12-03, 11:04)samsonluk Wrote: My plug-in suddenly stop playing and required to re-login, while attempt to access youtube.com/active it shown "This account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, deceptive practices, and misleading content or other Terms of Service violations."  Tried another account with the same result, anyone encountered this situation recently?
www.youtube.com/activate (not /active)
Oops, thanks!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - musicadi - 2017-12-05

Hello, 

Using Kodi 17.6 (LibreELEC 8.2.1) in a Week Core.

Installed 5.5.0 alpha 12 yesterday and today it froze. I was still able to access the box through ssh.

Here is the kodi.log while the UI was unresponsive (froze while loading a Youtube video)

kodi.log - http://sprunge.us/ARCb

Here is kodi.log after a forced reboot (which left a mess on the device Smile )

http://sprunge.us/hUNQ

I have also experienced crashes/data loss while using Kodi 17.6 under Android, so this might be a hardware issue (maybe faulty NAND ?!) or Amlogic related in general.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Steph09 - 2017-12-06

(2017-12-03, 21:27)anxdpanic Wrote: @Steph09: It is resolved on github now. Just giving some time for any issues to be reported with the new additions before the next bump.
Cool, Many thanks for all the work you do on this.