Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - mark2112 - 2016-06-04

(2016-06-04, 21:51)Gregoire Wrote:
(2016-06-04, 17:17)jmh2002 Wrote: What device, OS, Kodi version, etc, etc? Personal API keys yes or no?

Are you using OpenElec or something else 'alternative'? In any case provide a log please so that the developers can take a look because nobody else seems to be reporting this problem as a frequent issue.

Also what skin? Have you tried it with stock confluence to eliminate any skin issue?

I have to look up the log but it's a raspberry pi 2, running a nightly LibreElec (based on kodi Krypton) with standard skin (estuary) and no personal Youtube keys.
Maybe my setup is to exotic.

I think your problem might be Libreelec. I've been having various issues with video addons since build 0508. I'm using 0507 which works perfectly. I've tried quite a few since 0507 but the problems don't go away.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jmh2002 - 2016-06-05

Yes in general I would suggest that when running a nightly build of an alternative OS it's probably the first place to look when having issues.

Running any type of nightly opens up the possibility of encountering more problems.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jdf76 - 2016-06-05

(2016-06-04, 13:51)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: Just want to say Thank you to jmh2002 for your support in this Thread. Because you said you aren't a maintainer, you're right. But I think you're a maintainer of honor Smile
You're reading the whole thread like I see and try to help as good as you can and this is worth much more than typing some code Smile

You're doing a bit better than I and if you want to be added to the list i don't have an issue if h0d3nt3uf3l doesn't. Unfortunately my lack of attention lately has be hard for me to keep up with the forum. So I really appreciate you keeping up with the forum. I would be honored if you would like to join the team.

Thanks
Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - Thinaran - 2016-06-05

Plugin didn't work for me today. My Subscriptions were blank so I signed out. Signing in just gives me the message "Youtube error, check the log". I deleted plugin.video.youtube, I reinstalled, I checked the settings.xml, I re-added my API keys, still the same "Youtube error" after putting in the first Youtube.com/Activate code.

What did work however was reinstalling 5.1.17 from the local cache. <_<

Where exactly is the log?

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - roman_mzv - 2016-06-05

(2016-06-05, 11:29)Thinaran Wrote: Plugin didn't work for me today. My Subscriptions were blank so I signed out. Signing in just gives me the message "Youtube error, check the log". I deleted plugin.video.youtube, I reinstalled, I checked the settings.xml, I re-added my API keys, still the same "Youtube error" after putting in the first Youtube.com/Activate code.

Hey Thinaran,

I had the same problem in the last couple days. Finally solved it today after several failed attempts:
  • uninstalled the youtube add-on
  • deleted the folder \AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube containing all the add-on settings
  • deleted all the old permissions for the youtube add-on from my Google security settings: https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions
  • reinstalled the add-on version 5.2.2
  • followed jmh2002's instructions for creating your own api keys (see first page of this thread)

The log is in \AppData\Roaming\Kodi\kodi.log - at least on windows.

Regards,
Roman

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jdf76 - 2016-06-05

(2016-06-05, 11:29)Thinaran Wrote: Plugin didn't work for me today. My Subscriptions were blank so I signed out. Signing in just gives me the message "Youtube error, check the log". I deleted plugin.video.youtube, I reinstalled, I checked the settings.xml, I re-added my API keys, still the same "Youtube error" after putting in the first Youtube.com/Activate code.

debug (wiki)

Check out the debug log wiki posted in the link above. it also gives you instructions on how to setup debug mode and all that stuff.

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - pawprints1986 - 2016-06-05

mines broken again too.... i never bothered signing in before, just searched whatever i wanted to watch... tried the newer 5.2.2 after uninstalling 5.2.1, still getting script error message

Just now tried not bothering with the activation and telling kodi to cancel... then it lets you go in and search for things... so, its mostly working i think?

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - Thinaran - 2016-06-05

Thanks Roman. Did all the steps and it works again. I guess the issue was the Add-on auto-updated and messed up something. I'm noticing the design of this version changed somewhat.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - Oxymorph - 2016-06-06

It won't login with my own API.

EDIT: It was not clear how to get the server key, I figured it out, it should be working. The default also works again after removing ALL the files.

This add-on has caused a lot of headaches for my main entertainment in the house, everybody uses youtube Wink
Sorry for the confusion Wink

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jmh2002 - 2016-06-06

ah what? I cannot even understand half of what you are saying...

Are you confirming that the Instructions on page 1 are no longer valid because google changed something?

That's odd, because multiple people have used these Instructions during the last days to fix their issues and/or create personal keys.

Please don't post such nonsense here like "I guess the time of Kodi is over." and "There is NO API key" etc, etc unless you are 300% sure of what you are talking about.

I'm certain that if a big change occurred on google's side there would be dozens of posts here reporting that the Kodi YouTube addon is no longer working.

However since I am currently using it (and have been for years), I doubt that your claims are correct...
I also retested the steps in the instructions and they still seem correct too.

Please edit your post so as not to confuse other users. I will wait for your edit. If not I will report your post in order to clean up this thread and prevent confusion.

EDIT: previous post edited by user as requested - thank you.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jmh2002 - 2016-06-07

Added new information to the YOUTUBE PERSONAL API KEY INSTRUCTIONS on Page 1:

(2016-04-02, 19:54)jmh2002 Wrote: If you want to test that your new personal keys are really being used then do the following:
Restart Kodi, go to YouTube > My Subscriptions
Click HERE - https://console.cloud.google.com/home/dashboard
You should see a 'spike' on the API Requests graph with the date and time that you retrieved My Subscriptions
NB: sometimes there is a delay and you might need to wait (10 minutes or more possibly) for the Dashboard page update.

Existing Personal API users can view quota usage history for previous days:
Click HERE - https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/api/youtube/usage

Hope this helps Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - Oxymorph - 2016-06-07

It is working now, with my own API keys !
Where is this config file located on a Linux machine ?
Typing over those codes was not so funny, Kodi does not support copy paste, lol.

Anyway, thnx ! Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jdf76 - 2016-06-07

(2016-06-07, 18:19)Oxymorph Wrote: It is working now, with my own API keys !
Where is this config file located on a Linux machine ?
Typing over those codes was not so funny, Kodi does not support copy paste, lol.

Anyway, thnx ! Smile

Since there are several versions of linux, the easiest way to find it in any type of linux is do this

Code:
find ~/ -name settings.xml

This will spit out where the directory is and everything.

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - robo989 - 2016-06-08

Thanks for all the great support on this addon, most used "part" of Kodi for me.
Having the same problem as a user or two on previous page though and have wiped all remnants and reinstalled 5.2.2 etc using own personal keys etc/without, same results.

Problem.

When "sign in" is selected the dialogue for entering the 2 codes in my web browser simply times out and can't sign in.
Have tried every which way but to no avail using suggested idea that resolved previous user's issues.
Linux/Willy/Kodi 17/Alpha 2 (also tried 16)

Many thanks indeed for any pointers Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - emjayuu - 2016-06-08

I do apologise if this has already been raised previously. I am using OPENELEC / Kodi and have installed the YT 5.2.2 add-on. However, I cannot enter the #1 key when signing-in, it goes straight to requesting the #2 key at youtube.com/activate and the login script then fails.

My thanks in advance for your assistance.