Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - EricSol - 2016-06-08

(2016-06-08, 01:12)robo989 Wrote: Thanks for all the great support on this addon, most used "part" of Kodi for me.
Having the same problem as a user or two on previous page though and have wiped all remnants and reinstalled 5.2.2 etc using own personal keys etc/without, same results.

Problem.

When "sign in" is selected the dialogue for entering the 2 codes in my web browser simply times out and can't sign in.
Have tried every which way but to no avail using suggested idea that resolved previous user's issues.
Linux/Willy/Kodi 17/Alpha 2 (also tried 16)

Many thanks indeed for any pointers Smile

I had the same problem using the LE nightlys. I was able to log in with 524 i believe (if not then 509x for sure) and then update to latest. I am using LibreElec.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - cage - 2016-06-08

Sign in activation is broken.

11:55:53 T:140431530649344 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: string index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 7, in <module>
runner.run(__provider__)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/runner.py", line
__RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_r
results = provider.navigate(context)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provide
result = method(context, re_match)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provide
return self.on_root(context, re_match)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/provider.py", l
yt_login.process(mode, self, context, re_match, False)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/helper/yt_login
access_token = '%s|%s' % (access_tokens[0], access_token_kodi)
IndexError: string index out of range
-->End of Python script error report<--

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jdf76 - 2016-06-08

(2016-06-08, 17:58)cage Wrote: Sign in activation is broken.

11:55:53 T:140431530649344 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: string index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 7, in <module>
runner.run(__provider__)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/runner.py", line
__RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_r
results = provider.navigate(context)
result = method(context, re_match)
return self.on_root(context, re_match)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/provider.py", l
yt_login.process(mode, self, context, re_match, False)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/helper/yt_login
access_token = '%s|%s' % (access_tokens[0], access_token_kodi)
IndexError: string index out of range
-->End of Python script error report<--

Are you Upgrading from 5.1.17?

Jeff

(2016-06-08, 17:59)jdf76 Wrote: Are you Upgrading from 5.1.17?

Jeff

No.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jdf76 - 2016-06-08

ok, can you please post a debug (wiki) log so we can see more of what caused the error.

Jeff

I already posted the relevant portion.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jmh2002 - 2016-06-08

If you are using an alternative OS please see the posts on the last few pages.

Also please don't post portions of logs, or any logs at all - it's against the forum rules. Instead post a link to the entire log.

Please see this link http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug_log and afterwards please kindly edit your post Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - Grid21 - 2016-06-08

I tried the steps in the link and what was posted here but now I am getting a login failed error and I am confused as to which is my API Id and what my API Key is. Also which one is my API secret?

I'm confused about how you can possibly be confused? Blush

If you followed the steps, then google quite clearly names each key that you create, and the steps correspond to this too, so at each point you should know exactly what you are doing and exactly which key you are creating. The instructions explicitly tell you that, as does google (Step 3:.. Copy and Save the API key) (Step 4:... Copy and Save the Client ID and the Client Secret)

Unfortunately sometimes it seems that users rush this process and simply do not correctly follow the instructions step by step.
However, if it all seems too complicated I would be possibly refer you to the following:

(2016-04-02, 19:54)jmh2002 Wrote: NB: These instructions are meant for experienced and existing users with a working, signed in, and activated YouTube addon.

Having said that, if you have already created your keys, you can go to the following link again: https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/credentials and quite clearly see there which is the Key and which is the Client ID. One is labelled "API keys" and the other one is labelled "OAuth 2.0 client IDs".

So I'm not sure which part is confusing? Did you not save and label them at each step per the instructions?

Ultimately, regular users don't even normally need personal keys.
You still have the option of using the default installation with the built in keys.
Maybe try that first?

EDIT - Also:
(2016-06-08, 18:16)jmh2002 Wrote: If you are using an alternative OS please see the posts on the last few pages.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - LupinSansei - 2016-06-08

I started getting that lame Daily Limit Exceeded, Quota Exceeded even after enabling the YouTube Data API etc it worked for about a week.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - emjayuu - 2016-06-08

(2016-06-08, 02:12)emjayuu Wrote: I do apologise if this has already been raised previously. I am using OPENELEC / Kodi and have installed the YT 5.2.2 add-on. However, I cannot enter the #1 key when signing-in, it goes straight to requesting the #2 key at youtube.com/activate and the login script then fails.

My thanks in advance for your assistance.

Further to the above, I am using SYSLINUX 4.06 with KODI 14.2 Helix.

I have managed to solve my problem myself - the account was in a perpetual half logged-in state. Instead of entering code #2 as prompted, I closed the dialogue box and then selected 'log out' from the menu. When log-in is then selected, the process works properly and both code #1 and code #2 can be entered in sequence.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - LupinSansei - 2016-06-09

I had to enter a new api key etc but now I'm getting the login failed error as well.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jdf76 - 2016-06-09

How do you fill up 1,000,000 queries in 1 day.

This is my Usage

I mean i don't use it to death but i do use it on a daily bases.

Here is my setup

Does this help at all?

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jdf76 - 2016-06-09

(2016-06-09, 03:32)LupinSansei Wrote: I had to enter a new api key etc but now I'm getting the login failed error as well.

You are getting that error because your old token is still active or you did not pick the right API Key to use.

API Key should be server

OAUTH should be other.

Just like this

To be safe depending on where your userdata (wiki) is delete the addon_data/plugin.youtube.video folder.

This will reset your youtube plugin where you can just set it up again. If you feel unix savvy and want to try and save your settings.xml copy that file to your home directory and then put it back in your plugin directory after you run the plugin one time. Don't Authenticate, just run the plugin then exit. then put your settings.xml file in the youtube folder under userdata (wiki).

I hope this helps.

Jeff