Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2016-08-18

(2016-08-17, 08:58)KINgGh0sT Wrote: I suck. I have tried installing/removing Youtube folder a hundred times, I have installed from zip, the repo everything and I still get Login Failed on startup. I have changed the API/Client/Secret keys and still nothing. I have copied and pasted the correct keys to make sure they are right to /.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/settings.xml and still nothing.

Which youtube folder?

Try deleting your ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube folder after you exited the plugin competely. Then

install the youtube version from the kodi repo.

if you are using Kodi v17 and the kodi from the kolifanes repo then make sure you have inputstream.mpd installed as well.

Jeff

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - RavRob - 2016-08-19

(2016-08-18, 03:49)jdf76 Wrote: if you are using Kodi v17 and the kodi from the kolifanes repo then make sure you have inputstream.mpd installed as well.

Where do we get that "inputstream.mpd" from and how do we install it?

Tx

RR

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2016-08-19

(2016-08-19, 15:42)RavRob Wrote:
(2016-08-18, 03:49)jdf76 Wrote: if you are using Kodi v17 and the kodi from the kolifanes repo then make sure you have inputstream.mpd installed as well.

Where do we get that "inputstream.mpd" from and how do we install it?

Tx

RR

I believe it's in Kodi Repo under programs. I think. I still run 16.1 so i don't know for sure.

Jeff

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - Wanilton - 2016-08-19

inputstream.mpd is native addon Kodi Krypton, you find in my addons, videoplay inputstream category.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - PixelGordo - 2016-08-20

I can't see sign-in/sign-out options in version 5.2.1

I tried deleting the youtube folder in addons and user_data folders with no luck.

Any idea about how to solve the issue? anybody else experiencing it?

Regards

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - jmh2002 - 2016-08-20

I don't recall any other user mentioning this problem.

Do you maybe have "Sign In / Sign Out" deselected in the settings? Are you using an alternative skin? If yes try with the standard Kodi Confluence skin.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - PixelGordo - 2016-08-20

I'm using the default confluence skin and I activaded/reset those options.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - compy - 2016-08-20

is inputstream supported on android 6.0 ? can't find how to install it.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - jmh2002 - 2016-08-21

(2016-08-20, 14:27)PixelGordo Wrote: I'm using the default confluence skin and I activaded/reset those options.
What hardware are you using, and are you using an alternative operating system like OE or LE?

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - PixelGordo - 2016-08-21

@jmh2002 Normal linux distribution running on an Intel NUC.

Does Kodi have any kind of cache for addons? I manually deleted several times the youtube addon folder and the user data folder for the addon. And after restarting kodi, and even restarting the system, the problem persisted after reinstalling the addon from scratch. Even when the configuration was the default, I couldn't see all the youtube buttons, only the ones I had in my original installation of youtube addon.

Then, later, I deleted everything and I left the computer alone for several hours. I reinstalled the addon again and all the buttons appeared.

The issue is solved, fine, but I would like to know what's the reason of this odd behaviour.

Regards.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2016-08-22

in Linux Console you can always do

Code:
find / -iname plugin.video.youtube

and it should find all the locations of anything that matches that line of text regardless of the case.

Jeff

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - gesy14 - 2016-08-22

How to play movies with age restrictrion. I have android box and each time i have tried to play the movie it is notification about age restriction, is there a way to see it anyway??

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - jmh2002 - 2016-08-22

If your age restriction options are set correctly in YouTube on the web then it will also work correctly for YouTube in Kodi.

If you still have trouble you can search this thread for more details, since I do remember it being discussed earlier together with a user that had problems.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - gesy14 - 2016-08-23

I have set my age on google pluse but anyway youtube is asking me if I am sure to enter and kodi also shows notification that the video can be dangerous, but I Can not find any confirmation button. Just blocks me.
I have tried to find solution but nothing

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - jaymcdonough - 2016-08-23

Thanks so much for an awesome add-on!
I've been using it to build my own custom channels from youtube fetches but all my thumbnails are showing a somewhat transparent green overlay image on them.. has this ever happened before? all my other thumbnails show up fin so i know it's just on this add on.. i searched the code but didn't see and files that I thought were the culprit.
e-mail= us at greentv dotcom - if you can help.
thanks.