Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jdf76 - 2016-04-06

I hate to ask this but i'm not really understanding.

Can you run that by me one more time.

Thanks

(2016-04-06, 00:34)Zombi Wrote: I tried different regions Tunisia , France don't work but worldwide and uk work fine than the weird thing when i tried french language with france region it worked english lg wit uk and world work but english with france don't work and french with world don't work but dutch with nederland worked

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - Zombi - 2016-04-06

Sorry what I meant is
when I enable "enable setup wizard " in advanced setting it ask you to choose language than region

so I chose per example french language and world region and when when I click on popular right now I get an error message ""unkhnown kind ""
when I chose english language and world region when I click on popular right now it showed popular videos on the world
when I chose french language and france region popular right now showed popular videos in france
etc...

(2016-04-06, 00:46)jdf76 Wrote: I hate to ask this but i'm not really understanding.

Can you run that by me one more time.

Thanks

ok so pretty much any language using world region except for english fails?

Jeff

(2016-04-06, 00:56)Zombi Wrote: Sorry what I meant is
when I enable "enable setup wizard " in advanced setting it ask you to choose language than region

so I chose per example french language and world region and when when I click on popular right now I get an error message ""unkhnown kind ""
when I chose english language and world region when I click on popular right now it showed popular videos on the world
when I chose french language and france region popular right now showed popular videos in france
etc...

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - Zombi - 2016-04-06

some region fails too like tunisia or suisse and if you choose english language and france region popoular right now gives the same error message so i don't think it is about world region only
anyway it is not a big problem maybe look at it some time later don't wanna bother you
(2016-04-06, 00:58)jdf76 Wrote: ok so pretty much any language using world region except for english fails?

Jeff

etc...

Definately i'll take a look into it when i get the API key issue worked out.

thx
Jeff

(2016-04-06, 01:06)Zombi Wrote: some region fails too like tunisia or suisse and if you choose english language and france region popoular right now gives the same error message so i don't think it is about world region only
anyway it is not a big problem maybe look at it some time later don't wanna bother you
(2016-04-06, 00:58)jdf76 Wrote: ok so pretty much any language using world region except for english fails?

Jeff

etc...

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - twilight0 - 2016-04-06

I think there has been a mistake at Kolifanes repo, please check addon.xml and changelog.txt

EDIT: I have the 5.1.20.7 before the revert at my github account in case you find it better.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - KINgGh0sT - 2016-04-06

Even though I uninstall the old plugin and download the zip to install it keeps reverting back to the Bromix 5.1.17 version how I get rid of it for good? I even removed the bromix repository.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - Kaskade - 2016-04-06

Try removing plugin.video.youtube folder once uninstalled

I did a revert yesterday so remove the pool part of the API your stuff should still be in the code. But the new languages and readme.md changes should still be in there.

Jeff

(2016-04-06, 18:58)twilight0 Wrote: I think there has been a mistake at Kolifanes repo, please check addon.xml and changelog.txt

EDIT: I have the 5.1.20.7 before the revert at my github account in case you find it better.

(2016-04-06, 22:23)KINgGh0sT Wrote: Even though I uninstall the old plugin and download the zip to install it keeps reverting back to the Bromix 5.1.17 version how I get rid of it for good? I even removed the bromix repository.

ok go to the file manager under system. select profile directory

Then select addon_data

then highlight plugin.video.youtube

hit c for the context menu and select delete.

Once it's removed go out of the file manager.

go to settings and then add-ons.

Then select my addons

go to the video add-ons menu

select youtube and hit the context menu again.

click add-on information.

click uninstall.

once this is done, it should be gone, but if you absolutely want to be sure. exit out of kodi and then hunt down your kodi directory and then go to addons and if you see a plugin.video.youtube delete that folder.

now go to https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.video.youtube/releases/download/5.1.20.5/plugin.video.youtube-5.1.20.5.zip on your browser and download this version.

put it in a folder you can remember.

Once done, start kodi back up and then go to the setting menu again go to add-ons and select install from zip file.

go to that folder that you downloaded the zip file and select it on you should be good to go. It will do the whole set up routine and you should be set.

Thanks
Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - *Spider* - 2016-04-07

I think the 'enable setup wizard' should be disabled by default. Otherwise non-English users are not choosing ''English' and 'Worldwide All' and are seeing error msg 'unknown kind' when selecting 'Popular right now' and 'Browse Channels'.
With the 'enable setup wizard' disabled, YT works well for all nationalities.

Another issue that I find that isn't working is:
5.1.20.5 (2016-03-20)
[upd] Ignore if '.apps.googleusercontent.com' entered in API Id string in add-on settings

I tested this out and it didn't ignore the '.apps.googleusercontent.com' entry, also resulting in 'unknown kind' when selecting 'Popular right now' and 'Browse Channels'.
In order to fix this I had to click on the 'Default' button as simply deleting those words from the key didn't work.

Jeff

etc...

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jdf76 - 2016-04-07

Ok, i'll take a look at it.

Thanks for the heads up.

(2016-04-07, 00:18)*Spider* Wrote: I think the 'enable setup wizard' should be disabled by default. Otherwise non-English users are not choosing ''English' and 'Worldwide All' and are seeing error msg 'unknown kind' when selecting 'Popular right now' and 'Browse Channels'.
With the 'enable setup wizard' disabled, YT works well for all nationalities.

Another issue that I find that isn't working is:
5.1.20.5 (2016-03-20)
[upd] Ignore if '.apps.googleusercontent.com' entered in API Id string in add-on settings

I tested this out and it didn't ignore the '.apps.googleusercontent.com' entry, also resulting in 'unknown kind' when selecting 'Popular right now' and 'Browse Channels'.
In order to fix this I had to click on the 'Default' button as simply deleting those words from the key didn't work.

Jeff

etc...

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jdf76 - 2016-04-07

Minor release update 5.1.20.6. Note i am using version 6. Anyone who has forked the github may have to re-do their forks as I had reverted back to before the API Pool attempt. Only changes are the language additions and fixes. Also the Fixed the Readme and changelog.

This isn't a fix, so if you don't use either of the languages that we fixed/added, you don't necessarily have to upgrade.

Thank you and sorry for the confusion.

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - h0d3nt3uf3l - 2016-04-07

@rodalpho
I found the required field and filled in. Now Kodi is sorting correctly by date, but my list look like this.
2016-04-05 (12:00:00)
2016-03-31 (15:04:00)
2016-03-31 (18:00:00)

The time in the brakets are not visible, but I know its sorted false because you see the correct sorting out of /feed/subscriptions.
Also the turn back to standart view does not help, the sorting doesn't change to the last (sorting date in my case).

Not its 0:41 am at my location, I'm not able to think anymore. Lets have a look tomorrow if I found the last little issues.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - h0d3nt3uf3l - 2016-04-07

Hi,
did you look in the kodi.log?
I've tested it dump with
API-ID: .apps.googleusercontent.com
My Kodi.log said
Quote:00:56:58 T:3692 ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] Unknown kind ''

In the code the string ".apps.googleusercontent.com" would be erased and then attached to the API which is gotten from the Pool.

(2016-04-07, 00:18)*Spider* Wrote: I tested this out and it didn't ignore the '.apps.googleusercontent.com' entry, also resulting in 'unknown kind' when selecting 'Popular right now' and 'Browse Channels'.