Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2016-10-24

@anxdpanic @jd76 and all other here.... i'm not ask for a new feature... i have only ask if it's at moment it's possible to obtain somethings like description. If yes ok.. if not no problems man.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2016-10-24

are you asking about adding the feature where you can go and see the new videos of favorites in your subscripts? like a My Subscriptons for My Subscriptions.

Honestly thats the case, then i don't see it happening. Sorry i thoguht they had a work around with superfavorites or something.

Jeff

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - compy - 2016-10-24

Hello jdf76, can you put these updates via repositery, so we dont have to update manually.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - akira01 - 2016-10-24

(2016-10-24, 00:27)jdf76 Wrote: New Update for 10/23/16 10:23pm

Add 'Subtitle language(s) to download' selection to 'General' settings
  • 'None': Off/Don't Download (Default)
  • 'All': Download all languages
  • 'Setting': Download using language from add-on's language setting
  • 'Setting, English': Same as above as well as English
  • 'English': Download English only
  • 'Prompt': Prompt with available languages at playback

[Download link]
Thank you for the update. By the way, Do I still need to generate the youtube API code like the old version?

Thanks

Yes you should still use your own API code if you have one, but you don't have to. If you do have one i would stick with it because this way you don't have to worry about quota issues.

Jeff

(2016-10-24, 10:08)compy Wrote: Hello jdf76, can you put these updates via repositery, so we dont have to update manually.

These are just zips and really aren't repository ready yet. Thats why the version number has never changed. Though the next version 5.3.0~alpha will be on the repository.

Jeff

*edited for poor gammar

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - Snowball - 2016-10-24

(2016-10-24, 00:27)jdf76 Wrote: New Update for 10/23/16 10:23pm

Add 'Subtitle language(s) to download' selection to 'General' settings
  • 'None': Off/Don't Download (Default)
  • 'All': Download all languages
  • 'Setting': Download using language from add-on's language setting
  • 'Setting, English': Same as above as well as English
  • 'English': Download English only
  • 'Prompt': Prompt with available languages at playback

[Download link]

Thanks for it.
I've set it as you shown.
How do I use it?
Should I download the video or I can see the subtitles while Youtube streams the video (as in traditional Youtube on PC)?
Thanks.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2016-10-24

@Snowball When you play a video, subtitles are downloaded to a temp location if they are available for the language/prompt based on that setting. They are then made available to the video player. So you should see the subtitles in the OSD subtitle option during video playback or already displaying when you play a video that has subtitles available. Specifics may change based on Kodi settings or skin.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - Snowball - 2016-10-25

(2016-10-24, 18:58)anxdpanic Wrote: @Snowball When you play a video, subtitles are downloaded to a temp location if they are available for the language/prompt based on that setting. They are then made available to the video player. So you should see the subtitles in the OSD subtitle option during video playback or already displaying when you play a video that has subtitles available. Specifics may change based on Kodi settings or skin.

Thanks mate.
Sadly I cannot get it to work.
Let's take a video that has sbtitles. This one for example.
I see there are subtitles available for it. It is not important they are not 100% accurate, it's just a test.
In Youtube->Settings I've set PROMPT, ENLISH so It should get those subtitles for my language (Italian) and in English too, right?
When I launch the video from Youtube (I've not previously downloaded it, I just start it in streaming) I cannot see anything.
If I go to the submenu AUDIO I see that SUBTITLES are checked on, but I still don't see anything.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2016-10-25

(2016-10-25, 09:35)Snowball Wrote:
(2016-10-24, 18:58)anxdpanic Wrote: @Snowball When you play a video, subtitles are downloaded to a temp location if they are available for the language/prompt based on that setting. They are then made available to the video player. So you should see the subtitles in the OSD subtitle option during video playback or already displaying when you play a video that has subtitles available. Specifics may change based on Kodi settings or skin.

Thanks mate.
Sadly I cannot get it to work.
Let's take a video that has sbtitles. This one for example.
I see there are subtitles available for it. It is not important they are not 100% accurate, it's just a test.
In Youtube->Settings I've set PROMPT, ENLISH so It should get those subtitles for my language (Italian) and in English too, right?
When I launch the video from Youtube (I've not previously downloaded it, I just start it in streaming) I cannot see anything.
If I go to the submenu AUDIO I see that SUBTITLES are checked on, but I still don't see anything.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.

Can you do a debug log (wiki) so we can see why it's failing.

thx
Jeff

(2016-10-25, 10:23)jdf76 Wrote: Can you do a debug log (wiki) so we can see why it's failing.

thx
Jeff

Where do I find it? Smile

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - A600 - 2016-10-25

Automatic subtitles generated by Youtube don't work with the addon. Only videos that have separated subtitles like this will work.

(2016-10-25, 12:33)A600 Wrote: Automatic subtitles generated by Youtube don't work with the addon. Only videos that have separated subtitles like this will work.

Thanks for your hint. I try immediately.
How do I see if a Youtube video has or has not those kind of subtitles?

P.S.
By the way, do they have fixed the issue with WATCH LATER and HISTORY folders?

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2016-10-25

Haven't looked at history myself. jmh2002 posted about a local history solution here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267160&pid=2418500#pid2418500

Watch later should list at the moment but no auto-remove or adding/removing from that list.

To get a working watch later alternative, visit youtube in a browser(sign in), create a new playlist, view the playlist to get the playlist id from the url:
ie. www[dot]youtube[dot]com/playlist?list=PLDmQ0lsL4hGJb5kx8eOedAFDKg-mVJfxz

Once you have the new playlists id:
place it in Settings -> Folders -> Custom Watch Later Playlist ID

On the web you'll need to add to this playlist instead of using the watch later shortcut on videos, and you can now add/remove, auto-remove using that playlist as a watch later list in add-on.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - sherl0k - 2016-10-25

does the latest version support 60fps videos yet? or is that a feature still to come?