Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - UraFarquad - 2016-11-08

Just wanted to say, after update I've not had any issues (so far). I did have to sign back in (as stated earlier in this thread) and activate, but no hiccups afterwards. Worked the same as before, but better. lol

I did wanna ask about view types and why some views are available for certain categories only. I really like using a particular view, which is available for My Subscriptions but then isn't available for Recommended. Any way to add that particular view across the board?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2016-11-08

5.3.1 finally..... thanks for continue to maintain in life this fantastic addons........

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2016-11-08

(2016-11-08, 21:21)UraFarquad Wrote: I did wanna ask about view types and why some views are available for certain categories only. I really like using a particular view, which is available for My Subscriptions but then isn't available for Recommended. Any way to add that particular view across the board?

It looks like the content type was not being set for Recommendations or Liked/Disliked lists, got those added. Think that should cover all lists that include videos, they should all share the same view now. Others are still using the default view.

Thanks Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - UraFarquad - 2016-11-08

(2016-11-08, 23:13)anxdpanic Wrote:
(2016-11-08, 21:21)UraFarquad Wrote: I did wanna ask about view types and why some views are available for certain categories only. I really like using a particular view, which is available for My Subscriptions but then isn't available for Recommended. Any way to add that particular view across the board?

It looks like the content type was not being set for Recommendations or Liked/Disliked lists, got those added. Think that should cover all lists that include videos, they should all share the same view now. Others are still using the default view.

Thanks Smile

Awesome!! Thanks!!

Expect this in the next update? lol

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2016-11-08

I've updated the repo zip file, but it wont update automatically, you would need to just install this one manually or uninstall it and reinstall it.

Download here

Won't do a version bump till we submit to the kodi repo.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - UraFarquad - 2016-11-09

(2016-11-08, 23:48)jdf76 Wrote: I've updated the repo zip file, but it wont update automatically, you would need to just install this one manually or uninstall it and reinstall it.

Download here

Won't do a version bump till we submit to the kodi repo.

Cool. Thanks

I shoulda left well enough alone.

Now none of it works. Can't get it to do squat which means other add-ons that depend on YouTube no longer work which means I give up.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2016-11-09

at the risk of sounding like a total jerk, What exactly "doesn't work anymore, i give up \o/"

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2016-11-09

Ok here is the deal. the Quota is filled. So thats why it doesn't work. It's probably due to the US elections.

Do you have a Private API Key?

If not i can walk you through on how to create one. or you can hit post 3 on the first page.

Jeff

(2016-11-09, 01:19)jdf76 Wrote: at the risk of sounding like a total jerk, What exactly "doesn't work anymore, i give up \o/"

Jeff

Hahahahaaaa......Jeff knows it's been one of those days.

I'm partly venting. This is like the 32nd thing to go bad today for me.

Ok...... here goes.

After initial update, I waited to sign back in to my add-on. Earlier, I signed in and went thru activation. I didn't bother using the personal API stuff I created a while back (and used before the update) and things seemed to work just fine all day today. I accessed My Subscription, Recommended, Popular with the same ease as before the update.

I came on here, I gave thanks for your (and others) hard work and opened my big, dumb mouth about the views.
You promptly answered and jumped on it. Having corrected things (and even linking me to the d/l), I was very quick to update by downloading the zip to my pc and installed it using said zip.

Once installed, I opened YouTube add-on, which at first worked showing me My Subscription. I back out of that and tried to open Recommended and got the old "YouTube Error" I exceeded blah, blah, blah.

I thought "I'll just uninstall, make sure to "DELETE!!" (said like Broken Matt Hardy) the plugin.youtube.video folder from the Userdata/Add-on Data folder so it would be like a completely fresh install. Then reinstall."

Upon reinstall, I configured it using my personal API stuff. When I tried to activate for Sign-In it gave me a "Can't Sign In" and I just went back to using the preconfigured API info. Activation worked fine after that.

Once activated it let me into My Subscription, but showed no info, no descriptions and no thumbnails. I then tried to go to Recommended............ and we are back to the "YouTube Error".

Then I yelled. Hahahahaaaa Then I posted that I give up. Hahahahaaaa Then I waited to calm down, wishing certain plants were legal in my area but aren't and won't be because I live in a backwards ass State.

Then I came back here.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - kasmca - 2016-11-09

I spoke too soon. My thumbnails are not working today. Also I am unable to set my region and language.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - mhs173 - 2016-11-09

(2016-11-09, 01:34)jdf76 Wrote: Ok here is the deal. the Quota is filled. So thats why it doesn't work. It's probably due to the US elections.

If not i can walk you through on how to create one. or you can hit post 3 on the first page.

Jeff

I began to experience the exceeded quota so I decided to update to 5.3.1 (with the one you posted download link for, earlier in the thread).
I made a 100% clean install, signed in and I was still getting the quota errors using preset API key set 1 and 2.
Also the folders/icons for "Watch Later", "History" and "Liked Videos" was gone and when I enter "My Subscriptions" there is no info, thumbs, etc.

I then did as suggested and used my own API and the same happened with the missing folders and "My Subscriptions".
I noticed that instead of getting the message "Daily Limit Quota Exceeded..." I got "Access Not Configured. YouTube Data API has not been..." when using personal API keys.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - kasmca - 2016-11-09

(2016-11-09, 03:39)kasmca Wrote: I spoke too soon. My thumbnails are not working today. Also I am unable to set my region and language.

OK, I was able to get things working by following post #3 to create my own Personal API Key. I never had to do that before. Looks like things are working again. Thanks to the devs for a great add-on!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Luterin - 2016-11-09

My YouTube addon just autoupdated, and after logging in again the "Watch Later" folder doesn't show anymore, but everything else seems to be ok.

I tried adding the fix from:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267160&pid=2417205#pid2417205

But that did not work. Did something else change that I missed? I read thru the latest pages since the latest release, but no one else even mentioned anything about "Watch Later".

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - mhs173 - 2016-11-09

(2016-11-09, 04:04)mhs173 Wrote:
(2016-11-09, 01:34)jdf76 Wrote: Ok here is the deal. the Quota is filled. So thats why it doesn't work. It's probably due to the US elections.

Jeff

I began to experience the exceeded quota so I decided to update to 5.3.1 (with the one you posted download link for, earlier in the thread).
I made a 100% clean install, signed in and I was still getting the quota errors using preset API key set 1 and 2.
Also the folders/icons for "Watch Later", "History" and "Liked Videos" was gone and when I enter "My Subscriptions" there is no info, thumbs, etc.

I then did as suggested and used my own API and the same happened with the missing folders and "My Subscriptions".
I noticed that instead of getting the message "Daily Limit Quota Exceeded..." I got "Access Not Configured. YouTube Data API has not been..." when using personal API keys.

Sorry, I forgot to enable the YouTube Data API. My bad and it is now working fine.
(I once enabled them in an earlier project when creating this credentials, so I stupidly assumed they were already enabled.)

However, the folders "Watch Later", "History" and "Liked Videos" are still missing.