Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2016-11-09

Ok i honestly do not know how many time i can explain this to you guys so i'm linking stuff from the API Documentation from you tube.

1. Google Discontinued the use of Watch Later and history from the API calls e.g. We can't add it back. It's not broken on our end, it's been removed by Google. Google does not care that Kodi's Youtube Plugin doesn't have access to Watch Later or History. I'm sorry and i wish i could contact Google and say please add it back but I'm pretty sure they'd just tell me to use youtube.com/tv and follow the terms of service.

So i beg you please stop telling us your Watch Later and History doesn't work.

That being said I know anxdpanic has added the ability to set up another playlist as your watch later and history and then set it up in the settings. This would only work in Kodi and not be reconized in youtube's website as it would be set up as a different name.

Here are the links to the API documentation.

API Revision History

The channel resource's contentDetails.relatedPlaylists.watchHistory and contentDetails.relatedPlaylists.watchLater properties now contain values of HL and WL, respectively, for all channels.

To be clear, these properties are only visible to an authorized user retrieving data about the user's own channel. The properties always contain the values HL and WL, even for an authorized user retrieving data about the user's own channel. Thus, the watch history and watch later playlist IDs cannot be retrieved via the API.

The channel resource's contentDetails.relatedPlaylists.watchHistory and contentDetails.relatedPlaylists.watchLater properties now contain values of HL and WL, respectively, for all channels. (The properties are only visible to an authorized user retrieving data about the user's own channel.)

In addition, requests to retrieve playlist details (playlists.list) or playlist items (playlistItems.list) for a channel's watch history or watch later playlist now return empty lists. This behavior is true for the new values, HL and WL, as well as for any watch history or watch later playlist IDs that your API Client may have already stored.

YouTube Engineering and Developers Blog

After September 12, 2016, the contentDetails.relatedPlaylists.watchHistory will return a value of HL and the contentDetails.relatedPlaylists.watchLater property will return a value of WL for all channels.

Requests to retrieve playlist details (playlists.list) for a channel's watch history or watch later playlist will return an empty list after September 12, 2016. Requests to retrieve playlist items (playlistItems.list) in either of those playlists will also return an empty list after that time. This is true for the new values, HL and WL, as well as for any watch history or watch later playlist IDs that your API Client may have already stored.

As for images not working in the My subscriptions. My guess is because of the US Elections a lot of people are slamming the public API keys. There are a ton of users using this plug in and unfortunately the only way around this is creating your own personal API Key. Post #3 in this Thread tells you how to create your API Key.

Unfortunately anxdpanic is working on other projects so you're going to see a slow down of changes. If anyone python coders want to help out on the youtube plugin, then please shoot me a message and lets discuss.

Thank you
jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - UraFarquad - 2016-11-09

I, personally, never used either History or Watch Later even when they worked. I could care less if they do now. lol

I'm sure my issue is more me having a rough day than it is anything else. I'll work on it sometime tomorrow and give you an update, Jeff. Thanks for all your hard work, homie.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - mhs173 - 2016-11-09

(2016-11-09, 08:27)jdf76 Wrote: Ok i honestly do not know how many time i can explain this to you guys so i'm linking stuff from the API Documentation from you tube.

1. Google Discontinued the use of Watch Later and history from the API calls e.g. We can't add it back. It's not broken on our end, it's been removed by Google. Google does not care that Kodi's Youtube Plugin doesn't have access to Watch Later or History. I'm sorry and i wish i could contact Google and say please add it back but I'm pretty sure they'd just tell me to use youtube.com/tv and follow the terms of service.

That being said I know anxdpanic has added the ability to set up another playlist as your watch later and history and then set it up in the settings. This would only work in Kodi and not be reconized in youtube's website as it would be set up as a different name.

I fully understand and I'm also aware of what you are referring to above.
I never said they didn't work. They simply vanished from my GUI. This goes for the root folders "Watch Later", "History" and also "Liked Videos".

I had set up custom playlist ID's for both "Watch Later" and "History" properly and they worked and was showing before the update as anxdpanic intended.
They still work perfect but I can only access them through the "Playlists" folder (except for the "Liked Videos" which I can not reach at all).

The problem now, is that I can't access them from the GUI root as they are missing or not showing, yet still enabled in the settings.

Additional information

I revoked from 5.3.1 to 5.3.0 with a clean install just to see if that made any difference.

After signing in all 3 folders were back in the GUI after enabling them in the settings.

As expected, "History" was empty.
Oddly, a non custom "Watch Later" worked (in the same manner it did when Google API changes were made).
"Liked Videos" worked perfect.

More additional information and a possible conclusion...

So now I went back to 5.3.1 by manually deleting the appropriate folders for the 5.3.0 add-on and replacing them with my backed up folders from the 5.3.1 installation.

To my surprise everything worked now. Including the 3 missing folders showing up in the GUI.

The only thing that was different from before was that I kept the "Youtube Plugin for Kodi #1" from signing in with 5.3.0 within the authorized apps connected to my account.
Could this be it?

YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2016-11-09

(2016-11-09, 09:22)mhs173 Wrote:
(2016-11-09, 08:27)jdf76 Wrote: Ok i honestly do not know how many time i can explain this to you guys so i'm linking stuff from the API Documentation from you tube.

I fully understand and I'm also aware of what you are referring to above.
I never said they didn't work. They simply vanished from my GUI. This goes for the root folders "Watch Later", "History" and also "Liked Videos".

I had set up custom playlist ID's for both "Watch Later" and "History" properly and they worked and was showing before the update as anxdpanic intended.
They still work perfect but I can only access them through the "Playlists" folder (except for the "Liked Videos" which I can not reach at all).

The problem now, is that I can't access them from the GUI root as they are missing or not showing, yet still enabled in the settings.

Additional information

I revoked from 5.3.1 to 5.3.0 with a clean install just to see if that made any difference.

After signing in all 3 folders were back in the GUI after enabling them in the settings.

As expected, "History" was empty.
Oddly, a non custom "Watch Later" worked (in the same manner it did when Google API changes were made).
"Liked Videos" worked perfect.

Ok when I get up later today/ I'll take a stab at it. Anxdpanic might look at it before I do as well.

It's been a bad day all around so I apologize for assuming you meant the YouTube defaults. I'm going to see if I can figure something out. Anxdpanic will be on his project soon so I'd like to try and get these bugs worked out while he's available to help.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2016-11-09

Watch Later is defaulted to list the regular watch later list, it likely won't work for ever and there are no write actions with that list. (Can't add/remove from within the add-on)

I'm try to find a cause for the missing folders and images atm, if anyone else experiences this. Please provide a full debug log if possible

Thank you so much Jeff! The work you and your associates put in is absolutely fantastic and much much appreciated.

FYI I added another piece of information in the initial post that might help and please let me know if you want me to elaborate on anything regarding the matter.

(2016-11-09, 13:33)anxdpanic Wrote: Watch Later is defaulted to list the regular watch later list, it likely won't work for ever and there are no write actions with that list. (Can't add/remove from within the add-on)

I'm try to find a cause for the missing folders and images atm, if anyone else experiences this. Please provide a full debug log if possible

Actually adding works fine within the add-on. For me it's only the remove that doesn't work when using the defaulted list.

I also added a little bit more info in my post above that might help if you missed it.

Thanks mhs173, I'm not able to reproduce the issue myself as of yet. Tried with images multiple times before this as well. So far following things, I have a feeling it's going to be cached result related.

If you do update to 5.3.1 and that happens again, can you(anyone experiencing it) grab a debug log, then try Settings -> Maintenance -> Clear (or Delete) function cache and see if that resolves the issue.

Can I ask the OS and Kodi version as well

(2016-11-09, 14:13)anxdpanic Wrote: Thanks mhs173, I'm not able to reproduce the issue myself as of yet. Tried with images multiple times before this as well. So far following things, I have a feeling it's going to be cached result related.

If you do update to 5.3.1 and that happens again, can you(anyone experiencing it) grab a debug log, then try Settings -> Maintenance -> Clear (or Delete) function cache and see if that resolves the issue.

I went back to 5.3.1 by manually deleting all the appropriate folders for the 5.3.0 add-on installation (so no cache or settings remains)
Then I replaced it with my backed up folders from the 5.3.1 installation (mainly for the convenience in keeping my settings with my own API and custom ID's)

To my surprise everything worked now. Including the 3 missing folders showing up in the GUI. (Talk about a WTF moment)

The only thing that was different from before was that I now kept the "Youtube Plugin for Kodi #1" from signing in with 5.3.0 within the authorized apps connected to my account.
Could this possibly be related?

I'm on Kodi 14.0 (custom linux build).

(2016-11-09, 14:40)mhs173 Wrote:
(2016-11-09, 14:13)anxdpanic Wrote: Thanks mhs173, I'm not able to reproduce the issue myself as of yet. Tried with images multiple times before this as well. So far following things, I have a feeling it's going to be cached result related.

I went back to 5.3.1 by manually deleting all the appropriate folders for the 5.3.0 add-on installation (so no cache or settings remains)
Then I replaced it with my backed up folders from the 5.3.1 installation (mainly for the convenience in keeping my settings with my own API and custom ID's)

To my surprise everything worked now. Including the 3 missing folders showing up in the GUI. (Talk about a WTF moment)

The only thing that was different from before was that I now kept the "Youtube Plugin for Kodi #1" from signing in with 5.3.0 within the authorized apps connected to my account.
Could this possibly be related?

I'm on Kodi 14.0 (custom linux build).

Honestly it would surprised me with the day like yesterday.

Jeff

When moving the 5.3.1 folder back, if it contained the function cache.sqlite file the cache would have likely been expired and not used
Doing a key change as worked for previous cases of images, also results in cache being cleared.

Which leads me to thinking Settings -> Maintenance -> Clear (or Delete) function cache should resolve the issue if it does occur

Where/why this is initially occurring, I haven't been able to pin down.yet

Need testers

Go to settings | Maintenance | select Delete function cache database.

Sign out.

exit the plugin and then uninstall the youtube plugin.

then re-install the plugin from the link below.

Do NOT use your personal API key.

If you install it please let me know on here. I'd like to keep track of it and see how it goes.

plugin.video.youtube-5.3.1.zip

This is supposed to clean up some of the API call leakage left behind.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - UraFarquad - 2016-11-10

I actually had a very busy day today and just got home. Cranked up the Kodi specifically to check the status of my YouTube add-on........... And everything is back to working with the public API enabled. Guess it was just flooded by the "you know what" and the "Oh my God, Noooooooo!!!" from the peoples on both sides of things.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - pawprints1986 - 2016-11-10

Ok i have a situation to describe, i need to know why it works...

last night i really wanted to watch something on youtube, not sitting at my PC.

i googled the video on my phone, to make sure what i was wanting to watch was still up on youtube... so i clicked on it, and it brought me to a menu of what did i want to do.... one of the options was "play on media center" which was prompted by the yatze remote. so i tried this and sure enough, there the video was, playing on my tv like i had wanted all along.

but all yatze did was prompt the youtube plugin to play the video.

but yet, i tried searching for the same video within kodi, and the same limit exceeded error. tried another video prompted by my phone, it played on my tv just the same.

now yatze only works for kodi, and not for the entire android box, so it was not using the core youtube app, it was playing within kodi.

im glad it worked, but what id like to know is... *why* did it work?

if it can play videos but cannot search for videos makes even less sense, with the whole "quota exceeded" thing.

im curious if anyone else is able to mimic this...