Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - ix400 - 2016-11-20

... I am using the latest windows krypton nightly, but the youtube addon does not seem to support 4k video.

do i have to install this dash-thing separately?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Wanilton - 2016-11-20

@ix400, you need version youtube addon more recent, where in the settings you have option for use MPEG-DASH, and need activate addon InputStream MPD.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - ix400 - 2016-11-20

... where can i get this from? the standard repository seems to contain the old version.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2016-11-20

(2016-11-14, 12:18)Regss Wrote: Hello. I try to start play playlist using jsonrpc. I send request:

Code:
plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=iGAoEKE4Xf8&playlist_id=PLhSBw7mO1U1fPQlevc1CU1GLXImYPwbNd&order=default

script add all items to playlist but don't want start playing.

In log I don't see any errors.

If a send only video_id it play.

try:
Code:
plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=iGAoEKE4Xf8&playlist_id=PLhSBw7mO1U1fPQlevc1CU1GLXImYPwbNd&order=default&play=1

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Luterin - 2016-11-21

Addon just updated again, and as usual "watch later" went away, and fixing the code to use " WL" doesn't seem to work. I am getting a quota error when using a public key and a different error ("Access not configured") when trying browse playlists with a private key, but "My Subscriptions" works with private key anyway.

But my main question is, did they finally block the " WL" fix for original "Watch Later"? It worked just fine earlier today before the update to the plugin.

EDIT:
Seems it was a part in the instructions in posts 2/3 that was missing about enabling "YouTube Data API v3", after I did this the playlist item works again, and also the " WL" fix, so "Watch later" is back and working!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Mr Dan - 2016-11-21

Hi guys,
since yesterday official youtube addon placed on kodi repositories hasn't worked anymore.
I tried to read your thread but I am not an expert and I lost myself Sad
What I think have understand is that API changed again and add on was upraded so I have to install 5.3.2 release.

Am I right?
When will new one be on repos for automatic ugrade?
If I want to install myown have I to delete personal file placed in .kodi?
Is release stable?

Thaks for your help, friends!!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2016-11-21

(2016-11-21, 04:47)Luterin Wrote: Addon just updated again, and as usual "watch later" went away, and fixing the code to use " WL" doesn't seem to work. I am getting a quota error when using a public key and a different error ("Access not configured") when trying browse playlists with a private key, but "My Subscriptions" works with private key anyway.

But my main question is, did they finally block the " WL" fix for original "Watch Later"? It worked just fine earlier today before the update to the plugin.

EDIT:
Seems it was a part in the instructions in posts 2/3 that was missing about enabling "YouTube Data API v3", after I did this the playlist item works again, and also the " WL" fix, so "Watch later" is back and working!

Ok here is the deal with this. When I set up my project as a new program, it must have already activated the youtube data API.

There is a new one being worked on by jmh but he's busy at the moment, so I just told him I thought and his version will do the "Enable". If he can't get to it say by tue or weds, I'll just throw something up there quick and dirty till have can make the change.

Jeff

(2016-11-21, 08:00)Mr Dan Wrote: Hi guys,
since yesterday official youtube addon placed on kodi repositories hasn't worked anymore.
What I think have understand is that API changed again and add on was upraded so I have to install 5.3.2 release.

The API changes that were being made were to consolidate, hide and just make things a bit easier. Everytime there might be some API Code change it might kick you out.

Because this isn't exactly an official plugin from youtube, they won't just give us a high quota with out make a lot of changes to the plugin that you may not like and we run into quota filled issues constantly. We're actually tweaking behind the scenes to try and see we can tweak it base on usage.

So what does this mean for your API key you made, nothing. If your API Key disappeared then just re-add it back. Make sure you enable it because it won't use it other wise.

Other than that
Nothing has changed.

(2016-11-21, 08:00)Mr Dan Wrote: Am I right?
Is release stable?

the last version on the youtube repo is 5.3.3. There are some fixes in the works and I submitted my PR wrong to Kodi so I have to re-submit. I won't do this until the last fixes are add. We will be changing the version to 5.3.5 since I'm lazy and I already 5.3.4. This will fix a translation and some minor bug fixes.

if you do not want it to auto-upgrade you need to disable "auto-upgrade" in your settings

Here is what to do on Kodi 17 with Estuary. the layout is different but the options are the same

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jmh2002 - 2016-11-21

(2016-11-21, 08:09)jdf76 Wrote: Ok here is the deal with this. When I set up my project as a new program, it must have already activated the youtube data API.

There is a new one being worked on by jmh but he's busy at the moment, so I just told him I thought and his version will do the "Enable". If he can't get to it say by tue or weds, I'll just throw something up there quick and dirty till have can make the change.

Jeff

Jeff, I worked on new instructions and screenshots for about 5 hours on Friday night and PMd them to you just before midnight the same night, awaiting your approval to post them.

Please double check your PMs and reply to me thereafter Smile

(2016-11-21, 09:10)jmh2002 Wrote: 8<. SNIP >8
Jeff, I worked on new instructions and screenshots for about 5 hours on Friday night and PMd them to you just before midnight the same night.

Please double check your PMs and reply to me thereafter Smile

Did you get my message saying everything looked good, but to block out your email?

Jeff

No, the last PM I received from you was at 1837 Central European Time on Friday night.

I will check my screenshots, I thought I didn't capture my email.

looks like the PM got ate. I sent you a new one with the image that has your email in it

Jeff

New PM replied to.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Mr Dan - 2016-11-21

(2016-11-21, 08:24)jdf76 Wrote:
(2016-11-21, 08:00)Mr Dan Wrote: Hi guys,

The API changes that were being made were to consolidate, hide and just make things a bit easier. Everytime there might be some API Code change it might kick you out.

Because this isn't exactly an official plugin from youtube, they won't just give us a high quota with out make a lot of changes to the plugin that you may not like and we run into quota filled issues constantly. We're actually tweaking behind the scenes to try and see we can tweak it base on usage.

So what does this mean for your API key you made, nothing. If your API Key disappeared then just re-add it back. Make sure you enable it because it won't use it other wise.

Other than that
Nothing has changed.

(2016-11-21, 08:00)Mr Dan Wrote: Am I right?
Is release stable?

the last version on the youtube repo is 5.3.3. There are some fixes in the works and I submitted my PR wrong to Kodi so I have to re-submit. I won't do this until the last fixes are add. We will be changing the version to 5.3.5 since I'm lazy and I already 5.3.4. This will fix a translation and some minor bug fixes.

if you do not want it to auto-upgrade you need to disable "auto-upgrade" in your settings

Here is what to do on Kodi 17 with Estuary. the layout is different but the options are the same

So if I understood properly I have to do nothing but waiting for automatic update of stable release of add-on which will be placed on kodi repos in some times. Right?
Thanks a lot...

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Regss - 2016-11-21

(2016-11-20, 19:33)anxdpanic Wrote:
(2016-11-14, 12:18)Regss Wrote: Hello. I try to start play playlist using jsonrpc. I send request:

Code:
plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=iGAoEKE4Xf8&playlist_id=PLhSBw7mO1U1fPQlevc1CU1GLXImYPwbNd&order=default

script add all items to playlist but don't want start playing.

In log I don't see any errors.

If a send only video_id it play.

try:
Code:
plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=iGAoEKE4Xf8&playlist_id=PLhSBw7mO1U1fPQlevc1CU1GLXImYPwbNd&order=default&play=1

Thanks, it works now.

It would be great to add this info to the first post or update addon wiki. I spent some time to find it.