Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2016-11-28

(2016-11-28, 15:49)robo989 Wrote: Any ideas about this, thanks Smile

Also, just yesterday went to update/upgrade my ubuntu installation and seems latest nightly is demanding a version bump on InputStream.mpd/DASH but not in repo yet, assuming it's just a matter of time before it gets updated, or something wrong my end?
Cheers again, not meaning to be rude by quoting my earlier post but it is now a couple pages back and might have been missed by those helpful people that know a bit more than me.

(2016-11-23, 13:34)robo989 Wrote: Really good work continuing here, thanks for the support and releases...

I do have a little question if I may though.
Using all the recent addons with DASH, with Kodi set to switch to resolution/refresh rate to match video obviously there is a few seconds of blank screen when the display device changes which can't be avoided.

But I'm noticing a few seconds after this another blanking of the screen for a few seconds before the video then continues to play.
I'm assuming this (and from looking at the video stream info it confirms it) is changing streams to match bandwidth of connection.

Would it be possible to have it so the bandwidth is not "tested" every time a video is played as inevitably we are talking about 10-12 seconds from selecting a video to where it is actually playing properly. There is also a few seconds of silence after that change of resolution where sound is muted as the audio system establishes a new handshake etc too.

Not complaining here by any stretch so I do hope it doesn't sound like that but maybe there's a way to avoid this situation as on the 2nd video change there's no possibility to pause the video to allow it to carry on where the change took place,

Thanks again for the great work.

I don't use ubuntu for kodi so i can't answer you.

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2016-11-28

(2016-11-28, 10:22)heinzgruber Wrote:
(2016-11-23, 15:38)heinzgruber Wrote: hi,
i'm on libreelec kodi 17 with youtube 5.3.4 plus acitvated inputstream.mpd, my problem is that i can't watch youtube live without buffering. "normal" youtube videos are no problem.

anyone an advice?

thx

no one problems with youtube live videos? ^^

I've not had problems with youtuve live videos. Sorry

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - EricSol - 2016-11-28

From last nights LibreELEC;

inpustream.adaptive replaces both inputstream.mpd and inputstream.smoothstream add-ons

This change may temporarily break addons that depend on inputstream.mpd or inputstream.smoothstream - such add-ons will need to be updated to make use of inputstream.adaptive.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - FTA_Boy - 2016-11-28

sorry please delete this post. my mistake

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - gjwAudio - 2016-11-29

(2016-11-28, 19:00)EricSol Wrote: From last nights LibreELEC;

inpustream.adaptive replaces both inputstream.mpd and inputstream.smoothstream add-ons

This change may temporarily break addons that depend on inputstream.mpd or inputstream.smoothstream - such add-ons will need to be updated to make use of inputstream.adaptive.

YUP... definitely breaks this plugin Big Grin ... back to #1127 for the time being Sad

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - bossyman15 - 2016-11-29

I am having problem entering my personal API key. I am not sure if some characters is letter or number like O or 0 and I or l.

Can someone help me out?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jmh2002 - 2016-11-29

Yes, see Post #2 on Page #1 for how to use copy and paste to enter your Personal API Keys Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - ticotexas - 2016-11-30

I only get one Kodi code to activate. The second one never comes. I had 5.2.1 working a while ago, but can't get 5.3.4 to sign in. And when I go back to 5.2.1, that now doesn't sign in either. I deleted the youtube folders and started over from scratch with a new project and api per the instructions. I only get one activation code still. Anybody also have this or have any ideas?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - ticotexas - 2016-11-30

(2016-11-30, 01:58)ticotexas Wrote: I only get one Kodi code to activate. The second one never comes. I had 5.2.1 working a while ago, but can't get 5.3.4 to sign in. And when I go back to 5.2.1, that now doesn't sign in either. I deleted the youtube folders and started over from scratch with a new project and api per the instructions. I only get one activation code still. Anybody also have this or have any ideas?

SOLVED: I updated Krypton from alpha to beta, and it worked! Got 2 codes and it signed in.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2016-11-30

5.3.5 it's been auto installed about this afternoon............ apparently now it's no more possible to view as "Media Info" or "Media Info 2" the video list in my subscription of the video result after a search. It's be only possibly to set "Icon", "Large Icon" or "Full List" if i remember.

It's normal ? It's be possibly to re-add this ?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - heinzgruber - 2016-11-30

(2016-11-28, 19:00)EricSol Wrote: From last nights LibreELEC;

is this fixed with youtube 5.3.5?

edit:
i think so:

changelog 5.3.5:
This includes changes requested by Team Kodi and some inputstream changes.

someone tested youtube 5.3.5 with latest nightly from libreelec?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2016-11-30

(2016-11-30, 03:56)DjDiabolik Wrote: 5.3.5 it's been auto installed about this afternoon............ apparently now it's no more possible to view as "Media Info" or "Media Info 2" the video list in my subscription of the video result after a search. It's be only possibly to set "Icon", "Large Icon" or "Full List" if i remember.

It's normal ? It's be possibly to re-add this ?

Unfortunately, these changes were requested by the Kodi Devs and we cannot remove it.

If you want to down grade just download the old version from the links on the first page and turn auto-update off.

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - xodi - 2016-11-30

(2016-11-28, 03:05)xodi Wrote: I saved some shared playlists in my youtube account and I can see them from the left side "LIBRARY" in youtube website, but I can't see them in the addon. I got a popup "no channel found" when clicking the "playlists" in the addon. Is this normal?

No one has this issue?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2016-11-30

(2016-11-30, 11:28)xodi Wrote:
(2016-11-28, 03:05)xodi Wrote: I saved some shared playlists in my youtube account and I can see them from the left side "LIBRARY" in youtube website, but I can't see them in the addon. I got a popup "no channel found" when clicking the "playlists" in the addon. Is this normal?

No one has this issue?

If it's blank it may be not allowed by the API. We don't pull off the website. Youtube provides an API to grab data from their website.

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - xodi - 2016-11-30

It seems this works only for the playlist I created by myself. I missed this. Thank you!